PDA

View Full Version : Top End Build(HELP)

KPFphotography
01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I have a 95 civic with a D16Z6, with a Garrett GT28 turbo, pushing 8 lbs around 220 whp and 198flt. Any suggestions?

Ok I wanting to push more boost but dont want to til I build my top end, my bottom end is built aalready and I just need to know:

What actually it consist of in a top end build?

What is the best products to use?

How much am I going to be paying?

What can I do in steps?

How long would it take if I did it all at once?

Ant thing else that might be an issue?

BTEC
01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Valves, springs, and titanium retainers. Im running crower springs and retainers. kit costed like 360 i think (its been a few years and they are rated for 9500+ rpm.

Im running ferrea valves and i think they were like $3 each. If ur gonna do one now and something later, do the valves first bc the head has to be off. Springs and retainers can be done with the head still bolted down. You can do oversized valves if u want but have to get new seats put in which cost more and i have a biased opinon on the cost versus power gain on oversized valves ne way but i went with stock size valves.

You can get ur head ported and polished but it takes a reputable shop to do a good job and depending on how much power u want to make it not really neccessary.

KPFphotography
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Valves, springs, and titanium retainers. Im running crower springs and retainers. kit costed like 360 i think (its been a few years and they are rated for 9500+ rpm.

Im running ferrea valves and i think they were like $3 each. If ur gonna do one now and something later, do the valves first bc the head has to be off. Springs and retainers can be done with the head still bolted down. You can do oversized valves if u want but have to get new seats put in which cost more and i have a biased opinon on the cost versus power gain on oversized valves ne way but i went with stock size valves.

You can get ur head ported and polished but it takes a reputable shop to do a good job and depending on how much power u want to make it not really neccessary.

Ok thanks, What do you think about cams? or cam in my case. So what i need is Vavles, any brand?, springs and retainers(crower) any other company i can look for or stay away from?

KPFphotography
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
anyone else got anything to add?

r_Senik
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
id say some comp/zex cams are good... crower makes good cams also.

theres alot of company that makes spring retainers...skunk 2 is a good choice also

bRiAnMcIvIcS
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Buy skunk2 valve springs, skunk2 ti. retainers, skunk2 valves, skunk2 stage 1 cams, OEM valve stem seals, OEM cam seals, skunk2 cam gears, OEM valve guides, and possibly a skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 66mm throttle body. It's gonna cost around $2,000 with parts and labor. Good luck!