PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP BEFORE SATURDAY NIGHT! 1/05/08

TheChosenOne
01-05-2008, 03:47 AM
I need help from a trustworthy EJ-EG Squad affiliate, who knows how to set timing. :goodjob:

I'm located in the lawrenceville/Snellville area, so if ANYONE can help me really fast, before I grow impatient and try to do it myself and blow my motor up, I would REALLY appreciate it. :D ;)

REPS FOR HELPIN' A BROTHA OUT!!!

Grimm Reeper
01-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I could help guide you through it, if you have factory cam(s). Is it SOHC or DOHC?

cactusEG
01-05-2008, 08:06 AM
^^ he would be ur man for timing...

dcshoeco
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Damn all you guys get on really really ****in early lol..

GSRtegŪ
01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Damn all you guys get on really really ****in early lol..

That's what we do. :yes:

cactusEG
01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
**** im at work, i have nothing better to do...

TheChosenOne
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I've got stock DOHC.

404.384.0269 hit me up.

TheChosenOne
01-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Cum'mon EG-EJ Squad! Help me out.:rolleyes:

Grimm Reeper
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Cum'mon EG-EJ Squad! Help me out.:rolleyes:

Sorry about that man. I got caught up with help JDMJAYDC2 with getting a motor from way out in bumble fawk I think on 985 (I can't remember I was tired) and then after that I was helping Korilee with pulling his motor out and didn't have a way to check on IA, did you ever get help with it?

cactusEG
01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
i know nothing about swaps.. or timing

TheChosenOne
01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
We fixed the timing, and it runs WAY BETTER NOW.:D :goodjob:

The intake cam was retarded by 2 degrees. We got it all set right, but I tightend the tensioner really tight, but the belt is still kinda loose.:screwy:

If anyone can help me, I still need a little bit of knowledge. I just dont want my belt to snap.

Grimm Reeper
01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
We fixed the timing, and it runs WAY BETTER NOW.:D :goodjob:

The intake cam was retarded by 2 degrees. We got it all set right, but I tightend the tensioner really tight, but the belt is still kinda loose.:screwy:

If anyone can help me, I still need a little bit of knowledge. I just dont want my belt to snap.

It's a tooth off or so, because the tensioner pulls it all into place. It's suppose to have a lil slack between the Intake Cam and water pump, should be tighter from crank to exhaust cam.

Does it look like it's just flapping around when you cut it on? :thinking:

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
It's a tooth off or so, because the tensioner pulls it all into place. It's suppose to have a lil slack between the Intake Cam and water pump, should be tighter from crank to exhaust cam.

Does it look like it's just flapping around when you cut it on? :thinking:
The belt is tight were the exhaust cam is but its lose in the back were the intake cam is so I guess the timing on the intake cam is still off like u said n the car is still sluggish. But ima get with him tonite n mess with it to c if that's it..

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Does it look like it's just flapping around when you cut it on? :thinking:[/QUOTE]
Yea his belt flaps worse than rosie odonalds breast.. N the tensioner is as tight as it can b

Grimm Reeper
01-07-2008, 10:58 AM
The belt is tight were the exhaust cam is but its lose in the back were the intake cam is so I guess the timing on the intake cam is still off like u said n the car is still sluggish. But ima get with him tonite n mess with it to c if that's it..

Using stock Cam Gears of After-Market?

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Using stock Cam Gears of After-Market?
Stock

Grimm Reeper
01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Yea it's a tooth of or so. Ok and in between the In. and Ex. shouldn't be any slack at all. If you can or even want to explain how it was installed so I can determine what can be done to fix it?

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Yea it's a tooth of or so. Ok and in between the In. and Ex. shouldn't be any slack at all. If you can or even want to explain how it was installed so I can determine what can be done to fix it?

there is no slack there but in the back were the exhaust cam is.. idk how it was put in he wouyld have to tell u that but im just explaining how i saw it last night.. but thanks for the helpp reppssss!!! but im sure when he gets on here he can explain a lil better :goodjob: since he was the one who put it on

Grimm Reeper
01-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok no problem, anytime........whenever I'm available lol

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok no problem, anytime........whenever I'm available lol
But ima help him advance the tooth one more or half n c if that's n c if helps n I wil let u kno

Grimm Reeper
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
isn't his name Jordan. :thinking:

Post up Jordan

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
isn't his name Jordan. :thinking:

Post up Jordan
Yea his name is jordan but I think he is working.. Basically from wat he told me was he pulled the belt off the cam gears n adjustated the exhaust cam

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 12:23 PM
So he didn't take it all the way off just moved it enuf to adjust the gear.. If this helps any

Grimm Reeper
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Wow..............................

Pull the belt completely off the cams, water pump etc. Start with it on the crank of course and then with the right side of the belt slide it a little bit on the tensioner then with the left side pull up to the exhaust cam with little to no slack, then pull over to Intake cam, now you go back to the tensioner and pull it to the water pump, you should see and feel a difference now all you have to do it tighten it down and it should be good :goodjob:

itz a jew
01-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow..............................

Pull the belt completely off the cams, water pump etc. Start with it on the crank of course and then with the right side of the belt slide it a little bit on the tensioner then with the left side pull up to the exhaust cam with little to no slack, then pull over to Intake cam, now you go back to the tensioner and pull it to the water pump, you should see and feel a difference now all you have to do it tighten it down and it should be good :goodjob:
Great! I sure he will b glad to c this lol

TheChosenOne
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the relpys!

I'm typing this on my sidekick, so reps when I get home!

This is what we did:
1. Took of the valve cover and removed the belt of both cams.

2. Set the crank to TDC.

3. Lined up the cams to what seemed to be correct timing. Vounge did my timing on my rex like a week ago, so I just did what he showed me, which was to line the two tick marks up inbetweent the cams. He also told me that the outside cam tick mark should be flush with the top of the head.

4. Lined up all four tick marks with a string.

5. Loosened the tensioner and slid the belt back on. It seemed like the cams wanted to go back to the tretared timing everytime we tried to slide the belt back on so one of us had to hold them in place while the other slide the belt back on.

6. We tightened the tensioner to the max, but there is still a slight bit of slack on the exhaust side. The intake side seems to be aight.

To me, I'm almost certain the timing is correct, but if it is off, its only by 1 degree. The car runs a lot better, but its still not as quick as it should be with the setup I have.

Jew Boy and I are gunna take another crack at it again, so hopefully ill be squared away by mid-week. ;)

itz a jew
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Jordan.. Did u fix it yet? If not call me when u get off work so we can do it

EJ6
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
matt lmk if ya need help

itz a jew
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
matt lmk if ya need help
Ok