PDA

View Full Version : 93 Civic...auto to manual...

Cracker Red
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Just found a steal of a deal on a 93 sedan...which would be perfect for my DD.

Problem is, the guy thought it would be cool to rev the thing in "N" and then drop it in "D".... says it's never run right since lol.

Car has ~200K on it, PW/PS/air con/heat. Clean in and out, and doesn't want hardly anything for it.

Had a "mechanic" look at the car. "mechanic" told him he bent a valve by dropping the thing in gear....I think not lol. Very possible that there is something screwed up with the trans.... It's been parked for about a year, and he can't remember if there is anything else wrong with it, so I'm planning on just replacing the motor and trans right away.

1.5 or a 1.6 motor and 5 speed trans are pretty darn cheap these days. What does it take to swap in the manual tranny? It's just a DD, although I do understand that the 5 speed ought to get better gas milage...and be more fun to drive as well.

I've also seen B20 w/auto's running in the 700-800 range, although the gas milage might suffer?

.::UNKNOWN::.
01-04-2008, 09:27 PM
i am in the process of doing an auto to manuel swap in my lude it is pretty simple this is the parts you need
shift linkage
shifter
clutch master cylinder
slave cylinder
clutch
flywheel
brake and clutch pedal
ecu
tranny
clutch lines
center consul
cv axles
and some wire
honda keep it simple same bodys with blocking plate covering holes when the manual parts go there is some wiring issues but you can find that ne where :goodjob:

redciv1
01-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I just finished a H22 swap in my CB7. I bought the car an automatic but I am going to be doing the manual conversion also. 93lude let me know what issues you run into. It seems pretty straight forward.
BTW, were you mentioning the b-series tranny as a price reference or you were going to do a b-series swap and were pricing the b-series trannies separate from the motor.

Cracker Red
01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Thought for around the same $$ as a D15 or 16 I can find a b20w/auto Just didn't know really if that would be any different then doing another B series swap....

I used to do a bunch of honda swaps a LONG time ago....you know, back when people were still trying to put a h22 in a crx :) Damn, I feel old....back in the day when Jeff was going to work for Endyn, The "Dr" Charles Madrid was starting to become well known, and Skunk2 was up and coming...lol:lmfao:

redciv1
01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Thought for around the same $$ as a D15 or 16 I can find a b20w/auto Just didn't know really if that would be any different then doing another B series swap....

I used to do a bunch of honda swaps a LONG time ago....you know, back when people were still trying to put a h22 in a crx :) Damn, I feel old....back in the day when Jeff was going to work for Endyn, The "Dr" Charles Madrid was starting to become well known, and Skunk2 was up and coming...lol:lmfao:
hmmmmm. A d15/16 is definitely cheaper than a b20. It just still seems like b-series swaps are just too much. I think that was one reason I bought a CB and put the h22 swap into the car.

Cracker Red
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I must be looking in the wrong places! What should a 15/16 with an auto trans or manual trans on it run?

AnTi-PooN
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
if ypu were gonna go b20. get a gsr or a b16 tranny.. and a b16 head for vtak