PDA

View Full Version : Ebay's Steering wheels. J/W

khaxnguyen
01-04-2008, 05:26 PM
i was just wondering if the steering wheels and hubs on ebay are any good? i'm talking about the one that cost about 50 bucks lol. and BOSS HUB KITS.. are they any good?
*any first hand experiences?
*what i need to worry about...?
Reps for Inputs.

cdhtang
01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I think the hkb boss hubs are pretty good, I've been using it for few years now and no damage. But on the steering wheel side, don't get egay IMO, save up and at least go with momo or sparco.

khaxnguyen
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I think the hkb boss hubs are pretty good, I've been using it for few years now and no damage. But on the steering wheel side, don't get egay IMO, save up and at least go with momo or sparco.

ty & repped.. but i really dont want to spend ALOT of money on a steering wheel and hub so that's why i posted this up..

Nang
01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
yes it will work.

matthewAPM
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
i would just spend the money to get something good. or even a good used one. if u have a hub fail, hello trees, or wall, or whatever is on the outside of the turn.

MOMO and Sparco have good stuff. so does Alpha. try CDOC.com for some stuff. but search around and feel a lot of different wheels before u pick one. u dont want to get something u wont be comfortable with. any racer will tell u, if ur not comfortable with ur driving position, then u wont be comfortable at the limit

khaxnguyen
01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
yes it will work.

lol i know but will it wobble? Does anyone have any first hand ENCOUNTERS? +1

i would just spend the money to get something good. or even a good used one. if u have a hub fail, hello trees, or wall, or whatever is on the outside of the turn.

MOMO and Sparco have good stuff. so does Alpha. try CDOC.com for some stuff. but search around and feel a lot of different wheels before u pick one. u dont want to get something u wont be comfortable with. any racer will tell u, if ur not comfortable with ur driving position, then u wont be comfortable at the limit

I like the one in my friend's car. feels pretty good. nice grip.. but i dont think he got it from ebay. he got it from his friend. IS IT THE HUB THAT I REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT? cuz steering wheel, i can adjust. the stock one is kinda big. +1

matthewAPM
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
yes the hub. i would get a good one. and if u want to have it moved back then get a spacer. look around. its not hard to make it perfect. just dont waste ur money on something that doesnt feel perfect.

also, decide if u want suede or leather.

khaxnguyen
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
leather.. lol i dont always have clean hands.

Nang
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
lol i know but will it wobble? Does anyone have any first hand ENCOUNTERS? +1

I like the one in my friend's car. feels pretty good. nice grip.. but i dont think he got it from ebay. he got it from his friend. IS IT THE HUB THAT I REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT? cuz steering wheel, i can adjust. the stock one is kinda big. +1

i have a boss hub and nardi steering wheel, both from EBAY. does that help?

it aint gonna wobble if you tighten it up.

SicK SilViA
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
i think their too small their like video steering wheels! but the hub is some good stuff

khaxnguyen
01-05-2008, 11:47 AM
i have a boss hub and nardi steering wheel, both from EBAY. does that help?

it aint gonna wobble if you tighten it up.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nang again.<<< but thankS!!! helped alot.

i think their too small their like video steering wheels! but the hub is some good stuff

thanks +1

Mad Mike
01-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I have the hub, quick release and wheel all from ebay and I've had them on my car for a year with no problems. I have pulled it all apart and titened it up due to my car vibrates really bad (solid motor mounts) but I used locktite and havent had any more issuse.

khaxnguyen
01-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I have the hub, quick release and wheel all from ebay and I've had them on my car for a year with no problems. I have pulled it all apart and titened it up due to my car vibrates really bad (solid motor mounts) but I used locktite and havent had any more issuse.

AHAHAHAHA i know how that feels.. lol thanks, for the input. +1