PDA

View Full Version : Douglassville n00bs!!

SicStang03
01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
OK, I got a ticket there off 20 and I was going 83 in a 65. I called up there to get the info to mail in the money because I don't feel like driving 50 miles there to pay a less than $200 fine. The stupid hoe on the phone said I have to be in court since I am under 21... WTF, I haave never heard of that **** unless you where like 25+ over.

Any of you guys gotten a ticket an not had to go to court??

b16ftw
01-04-2008, 05:52 AM
well i got an improper exhaust ticket, but i was told if i pay it off by my court date i don't have to go. but it may be different in the atlanta area??

SicStang03
01-04-2008, 06:30 AM
The ***** said that in Douglassville if you are under 21 and get a ticket you have to show up.. I have never heard of that **** before

MachNU
01-04-2008, 07:05 AM
hey man bad news but the reason yuo have to be in court is becuase you going to get your license taken. and TRUST me i JUST got out of a 83 in a 55 ticket about 7 months back, GA law says you lose your license for 6 months! better hope you havent had any tickets in the last 2 years!

babygurl
01-04-2008, 07:10 AM
I think its state law now...And its not her fault you got the ticket....so why call her a hoe?

MachNU
01-04-2008, 07:15 AM
I think its state law now...And its not her fault you got the ticket....so why call her a hoe?

Correct! GA law is that no persons under the age of 21 can obtain no more than 4 points in any 12 month period! and a 28 over is a 4 point violation!

Crazy Asian
01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Hahahah I guess there is many benefit of turning 21 just no more jailbait girls.

Ed
01-04-2008, 07:28 AM
he stated it was a 65.

ubers2k
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
OK, I got a ticket there off 20 and I was going 83 in a 65. I called up there to get the info to mail in the money because I don't feel like driving 50 miles there to pay a less than $200 fine. The stupid hoe on the phone said I have to be in court since I am under 21... WTF, I haave never heard of that **** unless you where like 25+ over.

Just trying to be helpful. And actually, I got a ticket in Duluth 4 years ago and they kept telling me to bring in my parents. I never understood why, seeing as I was 18, and they never explained why when I asked. I was doing 75 in a 55 btw on PIB. I actually was able to get a 4 month continuance on it and then was put on probation for a total of 4 hours (I was issued it the day I got paid).

Anyway, back on topic, the only thing I would recommend is maybe looking up that city's laws on the subject. Good luck man.

babygurl
01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I think its for any traffic violation. At least it was explained to me that way...

if you do go to court, just plead nolo, and its no points on your lic, and py the fine..

Its just one day out of your life....sorry, but its the law!

Ed
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
you can only use nolo once every 5 years and if you are under 21 it will NOT keep you from losing your license. you'd still get it suspended.

Kaiser
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
you can only use nolo once every 5 years and if you are under 21 it will NOT keep you from losing your license. you'd still get it suspended.

Well. I decided to look it up...

Straight from the State-horses mouth: DMV page on Points (http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/point-system.php)

Cliffnotes: 83 in a 65 is only an 18mph violation. That's 2 points on his liscense. The only way he would be losing his liscense is if he has a previous violation within the past 2 years. Now, I know nothing about Douglas County laws or Douglasville Ordinances, but according to the state scale he should be assessed roughly a 200-250 dollar fine along with 2 points to his liscense, and should not be required to appear in court, with payment of bail serving as final disposition of his ticket.

There is either something different about that particular area's local stuff, or there is more to this story that hasn't been told.

Edit about Nolo: Nolo will only prevent points-based suspensions by preventing points from being added to your liscense. The suspension for drivers under 21 who are convicted of agressive driving or any other 4+ point violation have their liscense revoked under an administrative suspension, similar to what drunks who get caught DUI recieve to get them off the road quicker. If the OP got cited for agressive driving, or for improperly passing or an additional violation besides the simple speedlimit violation, then it's a whole different ballgame.

MachNU
01-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Well. I decided to look it up...

Straight from the State-horses mouth: DMV page on Points (http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/point-system.php)

Cliffnotes: 83 in a 65 is only an 18mph violation. That's 2 points on his liscense. The only way he would be losing his liscense is if he has a previous violation within the past 2 years. Now, I know nothing about Douglas County laws or Douglasville Ordinances, but according to the state scale he should be assessed roughly a 200-250 dollar fine along with 2 points to his liscense, and should not be required to appear in court, with payment of bail serving as final disposition of his ticket.

There is either something different about that particular area's local stuff, or there is more to this story that hasn't been told.

yep same thing i said, but for some reason i thought he put 83 in a 55! weird! but yeah sic you should be fine, i would just call up there and ask to speak to a different person and see what they say about letting you pay!

Kaiser
01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
yep same thing i said, but for some reason i thought he put 83 in a 55! weird! but yeah sic you should be fine, i would just call up there and ask to speak to a different person and see what they say about letting you pay!

Wasn't trying to correct you at all Transaxle, was just trying to bring something solid that would help the confusion. :)

antiv6
01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
hey man bad news but the reason yuo have to be in court is becuase you going to get your license taken. and TRUST me i JUST got out of a 83 in a 55 ticket about 7 months back, GA law says you lose your license for 6 months! better hope you havent had any tickets in the last 2 years!
not if you get a lawyer, i got mine reduced and i was 82 in a 55
his ticket is only 18 over thats not even 4 points if you have no other points you can just go and pay it on your court date, **** you could probably argue your way down to 1 point if you try hard enough, good luck

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
IT WAS 83 in a 65!!!

18 over.. she said the ticket was $165.. what are you guys talking about.. LOL I am not loosing my license.. I am also not driving freaking 120 Mi round trip to pay that ****. She is a hoe because I have never heard of anyone being under 21 forced to go to court for a ticket...

I know I can argue my way down on points but I really don't care. I have a clean record up until now. I turn 21 in less than a month so it is no biggy. I just don't want to waste a day of my life and miss school to pay a stupid ticket.

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM

LOL... I called her a hoe because she was getting an attitude with me from the minute she answered the phone. I asked for the adress and a total to mail in and she was like are you under 21... Yes, but.. before I even finished she was like YOU HAVE TO COME TO COURT... I was like I have never heard that and I know a trillion people who have gotton tickets like mine and just paid it. She was like well as long as I have been here :blah::blah::blah:.. So I was like how long have you been there?? She started smakin her lips and I'm sure poppin her neck around like a ****ing chicken head saying "THAS NUNYA BIDNIS":screwy::screwy::screwy:.. I asked for her name and got off the phone. I am going to call back and talk to someone else on Monday

wantboost
01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Correct! GA law is that no persons under the age of 21 can obtain no more than 4 points in any 12 month period! and a 28 over is a 4 point violation!
they cant receive a 4 point violation not 4 points total.

~GILLEY~
01-05-2008, 12:49 PM
if im not wrong if you get a ticket and it 15mph+ its reckless driving and you will lose you lic if you were under 21 when you got it no matter if you turn 21 before you go to court and why are you crying about it you did the crime and got cought so you need to be a man and do the time and im not trying to be an ass and act like i dont speed bc i do i just dont do it in places i dont know where the cops sit and around here we all know where they will be. im just saying take it like a adult and dont be like thats bull**** it sucks bc i have been in your place and i did get them taking away but all i can say is good luck with whatever you do

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
you guys are wrong some things have changed.....

http://www.georgiadefenders.com/traffic.points.htm
also i talked directly to the dmv about my ****ty situation a few weeks ago and it goes like this...

if you are under the age of 21 and you get one ticket that is a 4 or more point viloation, you automatically loose your **** for atleast 6 months or more. you can plea nolo as many times as you want now. but for the points thing if you under 21 you can only use it once, but if you are 21+ then you can use it multipule times. this came from a judge and the DMV.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 01:01 PM
also if you get a reckless driving ticket like me.. i'm under 21 but if you can get the **** held of until you turn 21 then you won't loose your ****. thats what i am trying to do but if i can't then o well cause honestly i don't PHUCKIN CARE ANYMORE.

Turbo04
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Just suck it up, be an adult, go pay the ticket and stop e-bitching about it. Nothing is going to change, if they said you had to come to court for being under 21, then just go to court. I'm sure when you show up with ****ty attitude like you've got on here then the judge will see how unfair it is to you and dismiss your ticket right away. I understand why you would be pissed about the way the lady may have talked to you, but my wife does that same type of job, and she has to deal with all sorts of assholes all day so the only way to stay sane is to adopt the ******* mentality back. It's not her fault you got the ticket, and it's not her fault that you have to go court....after all you were driving the car no? Of course you could just not show in court...I'm sure that will go over wonderfully. Hell you may get outta it for real if you show in court...

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
if im not wrong if you get a ticket and it 15mph+ its reckless driving and you will lose you lic if you were under 21 when you got it no matter if you turn 21 before you go to court and why are you crying about it you did the crime and got cought so you need to be a man and do the time and im not trying to be an ass and act like i dont speed bc i do i just dont do it in places i dont know where the cops sit and around here we all know where they will be. im just saying take it like a adult and dont be like thats bull**** it sucks bc i have been in your place and i did get them taking away but all i can say is good luck with whatever you do

Just suck it up, be an adult, go pay the ticket and stop e-bitching about it. Nothing is going to change, if they said you had to come to court for being under 21, then just go to court. I'm sure when you show up with ****ty attitude like you've got on here then the judge will see how unfair it is to you and dismiss your ticket right away. I understand why you would be pissed about the way the lady may have talked to you, but my wife does that same type of job, and she has to deal with all sorts of assholes all day so the only way to stay sane is to adopt the ******* mentality back. It's not her fault you got the ticket, and it's not her fault that you have to go court....after all you were driving the car no? Of course you could just not show in court...I'm sure that will go over wonderfully. Hell you may get outta it for real if you show in court...

You two are really pissing my off. Not once have I bitched about getting the damn ticket. I JUST WANT TO MAIL IN THE ****ING MONEY. I don't want to drive out of my way and waste a day of my life when I can just pay it. I was going 18 over which is not going to get my license taken away. Where are you guys getting this **** about "grow up, be an adult, :blah::blah::blah:". I just wanted to know if anyone else has gotten a ticket in douglasville that was under 21 and was forced to go to court. I have 2 roommates that have had plenty of tickets and they just send in the money and call it a day.

I don't get the logic behind peoples post. I swear some people just pull **** out of thier ass:screwy:

ZeDFuNk
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM

15+ mph is not wreckless driving. You're an idiot. 24+ is wreckless driving, or lane changes without signal while speeding. Do the time.. what ****ing time? HE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION. How bout you idiots answer his questions or shut the **** up. He asked.. if anyone has had this happen to them.. and if so why he can't just mail in the money. Douglasville is bumble****; thus, they want everyone to come to court just so they can make money off people with court fee's. He's not bitching about getting a ticket, he knows he was speeding and hes manning up and paying the god damn fine, he's just wondering why he has to go a few hours out of his way just to show up to court and pay the damn ticket. Unless you get ARRESTED or you plan on FIGHTING the ticket, you aren't obligated to go to court usually, unless you got pulled over in bumble****. Forest fires.. i hope you all die in them.

As for you...he's being an adult, paying for the ticket, and showing up to court.. HE WAS SIMPLY ASKING WHEN THIS BECAME LAW THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP TO COURT JUST TO PAY A TICKET. It's never been like this for me.. or anyone else i know.. Furthermore, how is his attitude ****ty? are you telling me you wouldn't be a little frustrated if you had to drive 3 hours to court when you SHOULD just be able to mail the damn thing in? He was calling the woman a hoe because she was acting like a jackass, i happened to be there when he was on the phone with her, he was being polite and she was being a stupid ass. He was going 18 over.. he should be able to send money in to the god damn court system and never worry about it again. You people are dolts.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Lol said thing is Kris, if the cop feels like it he can give a wreckless driving ticket for any driving violation.

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Unless you get ARRESTED or you plan on FIGHTING the ticket, you aren't obligated to go to court usually, unless you got pulled over in bumble****.

EXACTLY, finally someone that knows how to read

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
just refer to my post with the link in it on the other page....

ZeDFuNk
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Lol sad* thing is Kris, if the cop feels like it he can give a wreckless driving ticket for any driving violation.

Cops do what they want.. but he didnt give him a wreckless driving ticket.. you get a seperate fine for that, i know from experience. you get SPEEDING then WRECKLESS driving, which is usually a 125-200 fine. http://www.my350z.com/forum/images/smilies/icon22.gif

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
^ i know i have been their and now i am back again..:(

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 02:38 PM

So I will have 2 points on my license right? Well if I do end up having to go to court I am going to fight this **** and get it dropped to like 13 over anyways.. So if they want more money they need to just let me mail the money in

Turbo04
01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
So you want ppl to agree with you then that you should'nt have to go to court? That is what it seems like. I don't call it being an adult carrying on and bitching about having to go to court.....but hey gl on all this.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
just like me dude i went thru a yellow light and got a red light ticket and a wreckless driving ticket got harrassed and took to jail and now i'm prolly gonna loose my drivers licences again.. :(.. all this **** happened on my way to work one morning i mean **** i was going to work for Christ Sake.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
i know in Gainesville... it goes like this.. you get a ticket from hall county most of the time you can just take care of it other than going to court for most tickets that is.. but if gainesville gives you a ticket you have to go period. no matter how old you are.

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
So you want ppl to agree with you then that you should'nt have to go to court? That is what it seems like. I don't call it being an adult carrying on and bitching about having to go to court.....but hey gl on all this.

You sir are just a moron. I asked a simple question,

If you don't have the answer GTFO:goodjob:.. Not once have I bitched about the ticket.. I have just never heard of someone being forced to go to court for something they were not arrested for and don't plan on fighting...

Good Luck on what:thinking:.. I have a less than $200 fine.. Pocket change rookie;)

~GILLEY~
01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
So I will have 2 points on my license right? Well if I do end up having to go to court I am going to fight this **** and get it dropped to like 13 over anyways.. So if they want more money they need to just let me mail the money in
ok for one i live here in douglas county and your not going to get **** droped if you go in there with your head up your ass like you are now and you are bitching bc you dont want to have to drive all the way out here just to pay a ticket. what the hell were you out here in the frist place then just grow up and stop being a baby about your fu@k up ok you will have to come to court so just face it

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 05:25 PM
ok for one i live here in douglas county and your not going to get **** droped if you go in there with your head up your ass like you are now and you are bitching bc you dont want to have to drive all the way out here just to pay a ticket. what the hell were you out here in the frist place then just grow up and stop being a baby about your fu@k up ok you will have to come to court so just face it

I was on my way to Birmingham for Christmas, trust me I would never want to drive to bumble**** douglassville. My head WILL be all the way up my ass IF I have to go to court, you can believe that. I am not driving all the way out there just to personally hand them the money when I can just mail it in. I guarantee I will get this bumped down when I talk to the solicitor. BET!!!

Can anyone answer my question??

Turbo04
01-05-2008, 06:08 PM
You sir are just a moron. I asked a simple question,

If you don't have the answer GTFO:goodjob:.. Not once have I bitched about the ticket.. I have just never heard of someone being forced to go to court for something they were not arrested for and don't plan on fighting...

Good Luck on what:thinking:.. I have a less than $200 fine.. Pocket change rookie;)

Your bitching about having to go to court BECAUSE of a ticket...that is the same to me. Insulting me won't change that. What is the big deal here? If so sure you'll get it dropped or reduced why worry about the whole court thing? I would rather go to court and get it dropped or reduced then take the points and the fine.

I do like the part of your comment acting like the ticket and fine is a badge of honor or something...."pocket change rookie" lol. Guess how much my ticket is? Oh and the points going on my license.... :goodjob:

blaknoize
01-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Thats y I dont like southern states. They try to make it very hard for u to live. At least THIS state. Thats y I'm gettin outta here and moving back to be poor. I've never heard of such a thing.

Plus my insurance is cheaper than yalls, damn right its cheaper!!

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Your bitching about having to go to court BECAUSE of a ticket...that is the same to me. Insulting me won't change that. What is the big deal here? If so sure you'll get it dropped or reduced why worry about the whole court thing? I would rather go to court and get it dropped or reduced then take the points and the fine.

I do like the part of your comment acting like the ticket and fine is a badge of honor or something...."pocket change rookie" lol. Guess how much my ticket is? Oh and the points going on my license.... :goodjob:

OHS NOES!!! 2 points on my license... I could care less about the points. I turn 21 in a few weeks and they won't hurt me. The lady said it was $165 which is nothing. IF I go to court I will get it knocked down a few MPH I'm sure but I am still looking at $40 in gas plus a waste of my day and catching up in school:gay:... I would rather just send the money in, which is why I was asking if anyone has been able to just send in payment and not go to court.. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT:thinking:

NevrNufTorq
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
i dont know bout dville but if it is like villa rica(next to dville) then you have to go to court. vr has a statute that anything 15 and over you have to go to court. i'm 34 and had to go myself but got bumped down to 14 over so it wouldnt go on my record and make my insurance go up. :2cents: :D

Turbo04
01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
OHS NOES!!! 2 points on my license... I could care less about the points. I turn 21 in a few weeks and they won't hurt me. The lady said it was $165 which is nothing. IF I go to court I will get it knocked down a few MPH I'm sure but I am still looking at $40 in gas plus a waste of my day and catching up in school:gay:... I would rather just send the money in, which is why I was asking if anyone has been able to just send in payment and not go to court.. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT:thinking:

Whats hard to understand is if they told you when you called you have to come to court, why in the world would it matter if anyone on here said they din't? You already have your answer from " the horses mouth" so to speak. You gonna send in your money in the mail, then not show in court and when you get picked up tell the judge someone on IA said you din't have to go? lol. True 165 isn't a lot of money, but I'd be damned if I was just going to hand it over without a fight, even more so that you might get outta it by investing a little time. Here's a little birthday advice for ya...we all have to do things we don't like or think is a waste of time...it's called life. No sense in getting all worked up about it. Oh and try not to get so upset at ppl on the net, honestly I was just giving you crap, I applogize if I got you irritated.

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
i dont know bout dville but if it is like villa rica(next to dville) then you have to go to court. vr has a statute that anything 15 and over you have to go to court. i'm 34 and had to go myself but got bumped down to 14 over so it wouldnt go on my record and make my insurance go up. :2cents: :D

OK, thanks

~GILLEY~
01-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I was on my way to Birmingham for Christmas, trust me I would never want to drive to bumble**** douglassville. My head WILL be all the way up my ass IF I have to go to court, you can believe that. I am not driving all the way out there just to personally hand them the money when I can just mail it in. I guarantee I will get this bumped down when I talk to the solicitor. BET!!!

Can anyone answer my question??
we will see. the only way you will is if the judge is in a good mood trust me i live here i have had enough tickets to know what he will do and when you go in there thinking your king sh!t you will see what im saying and yes to answer your question i have had to do it and yes i was under 21 but as i said before good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser
01-06-2008, 01:57 AM

You know your link contains the same info my link does (For the most part) But my link was from the actual Georgia DMV. :-p (Your info is not wrong, mine was just more...official.)

01CDMLUDER
01-06-2008, 02:27 AM
im sure u know by now but u aren't gonna loose your lisence! my first ticket was 4 going 25 over but i was not even in gear i was just rolling down this big ass hill to a stop sign and the speed limit was 35.......ghey...(and i didn't even have to go to court just paid $140)......anyways...they told me the same thing when i got one for going 14 over. the lady said that if i brought my parents that the judge will go easier on me and it works. its just one day...

~GILLEY~
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
im sure u know by now but u aren't gonna loose your lisence! my first ticket was 4 going 25 over but i was not even in gear i was just rolling down this big ass hill to a stop sign and the speed limit was 35.......ghey...(and i didn't even have to go to court just paid $140)......anyways...they told me the same thing when i got one for going 14 over. the lady said that if i brought my parents that the judge will go easier on me and it works. its just one day...

you see what we are trying to say now this guy/girl sucked it up and went to court so why cant you do the same and if you go in there and are nice and not a **** you might get it droped.

oh and what is your name and what day do you have to go i want to be there to laugh at your ass when you go in there acting all big and bad and see what he will do to you

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
you see what we are trying to say now this guy/girl sucked it up and went to court so why cant you do the same and if you go in there and are nice and not a **** you might get it droped.

oh and what is your name and what day do you have to go i want to be there to laugh at your ass when you go in there acting all big and bad and see what he will do to you

LOL.. Do you really think I'm going to walk in there and start bitching and raising hell.. You really are stupid. All you have to do is look good and talk to the solicitor and they will help you out...

My name is Justin, I will be there on the 15th.. C ya there