PDA

View Full Version : drift tracks in Ga?

rb20s14
01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
does any body know where there is a drift track in ga

thanks

The Yousef
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
you posted in the totally wrong forum...post a thread in the Competition forum....you are going to get made fun of here....

a lot.

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah Wal Mart lets us use their parking lot after 12.

I love it.

Thighs
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
^^ are you forreal? that sounds pretty fun in the rain...

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
^^ are you forreal? that sounds pretty fun in the rain...Check neg reps for being a ricer.

Thighs
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Check neg reps for being a ricer.

wow your a ****. lol

how would that make me a ricer?

AnthonyF
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
~moved~

wantboost
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
black hills circuit

live~sideway
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
black hills circuit

was black hills and will be for a little while longer daves selling the track so say good bye to that little slice of heaven. check around more when the season is open for events.:goodjob:

Doppelgänger
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
drifting is ghey

Tracy
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
we host events www.driftfury.com

Our schedule for next year is not finalized yet.

rb20s14
01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
the ppl who think drifting is gay drive a fwd

Elbow
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
LOL yeah....

I think drifting is gay, and own RWD, even had a 240 and didn't like drifiting...I should be shot. :yes:

Thighs
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM

i drive a rwd and im not a HUGE fan of it. i play around ion the rain but id rather actually race.

rb20s14
01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
so i dont really like racing but i dont pop off on how i think its ****in gay

Thighs
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
so i dont really like racing but i dont pop off on how i think its ****in gay

did i say anything about drifting being gay? no. and why would you think racing is gay? without road racing and autox, there would be no such thing as drifting.

AnthonyF
01-05-2008, 12:27 AM

maybe u should do some research b4 talking sh*t about some1. badger is a drifter and a damn good one.:goodjob:

Stormhammer
01-05-2008, 01:21 AM
most drift events are held at Turner Field in the blue parking lot when the season is open - follow Tracy's link :D

also check out www.southeastdrift.com

Thundercat
01-05-2008, 03:29 AM
if anyone is in the south ga area....we are trying to set up a possible event or exhibition at cecil

Glides
01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Drifters are usually laid back and stick to themselves unless they are just in it for showing off and then they are usually loud. Road Race guys have some delusion that they are somehow better than any other form of car sport and use any and every oppurtunity to let everyone know that fact. Drag Racers have their own quirks. Everyone has the ability to be a retard no matter what motorsport you frequent.

Thats just how it is. I like em all personally.

Answer his question or gtfo of the thread. None of you would like a random stranger dropping in your house and taking a **** on the carpet then leaving, so don't do it to him.

See other above comments for information. www.driftfury.com, www.southeastdrift.com and check out Black Hills Circuit while it's still up and running. That's your best bet.

Thighs
01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Drifters are usually laid back and stick to themselves unless they are just in it for showing off and then they are usually loud. Road Race guys have some delusion that they are somehow better than any other form of car sport and use any and every oppurtunity to let everyone know that fact. Drag Racers have their own quirks. Everyone has the ability to be a retard no matter what motorsport you frequent.

Thats just how it is. I like em all personally.

Answer his question or gtfo of the thread. None of you would like a random stranger dropping in your house and taking a **** on the carpet then leaving, so don't do it to him.

See other above comments for information. www.driftfury.com (http://www.driftfury.com/), www.southeastdrift.com (http://www.southeastdrift.com/) and check out Black Hills Circuit while it's still up and running. That's your best bet.

i wasnt bashing, he started talking **** to me in the first place.

and i also dont care.

Elbow
01-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh shnap.

Tree
01-06-2008, 01:21 AM
try using black hills

speedminded
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Hwy. 129 around midnight, need I say more?

If you don't give a **** about your car go to Black Hills.

Kalifornia087
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
If you *know how to drive* your car go to Black Hills.
Fixed :D

Deke
01-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't Black Hills used to be a go-kart track?

Thighs
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Didn't Black Hills used to be a go-kart track?

its a shifter kart track. lots of kart tracks are used for drifting.

Elbow
01-06-2008, 04:44 PM
It still is a kart track more then anything else.

Tracy
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
It's not a car track.

Elbow
01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah Black Hills is small for go karts yet alone cars.

Glides
01-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Black Hills is easily slideable. It is tight, bumpy and you have to know what you are doing or you can be launched off the oval. But it is no less tougher than a 2 lane road and at least it's safe and legal. So if you want to get some practice time in your car, go there. But be warned, you can **** up easily.

Unfortunately, it is the only place to go and get practice at this point. Drift fury events are great, but they are competitions, not practice days for the most part. DG Trials has practice events but they are few and far between and they are usually private.

So you can all dump on Black Hills, but in the end, if you want legal practice time, it's the place to go unfortunately until other events or venues are created.

Tracy
01-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Black Hills is easily slideable. It is tight, bumpy and you have to know what you are doing or you can be launched off the oval. But it is no less tougher than a 2 lane road and at least it's safe and legal. So if you want to get some practice time in your car, go there. But be warned, you can **** up easily.

Unfortunately, it is the only place to go and get practice at this point. Drift fury events are great, but they are competitions, not practice days for the most part. DG Trials has practice events but they are few and far between and they are usually private.

So you can all dump on Black Hills, but in the end, if you want legal practice time, it's the place to go unfortunately until other events or venues are created.

Not true. They are mostly practice with a mini comp at the end of the day :)

Either way, next year we will separate the comp and practice to make it less confusing just for this reason. We will probably resort to more privatized events being that people don't know how to act as a photographer or spectator for the most part and I am tired of babysitting and we don't make enough money to hire staff :)

Z33_kid
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
DO IT in thE street ! lmao j'p

dho42
01-28-2008, 09:11 PM
man just find find some turns u wanna hit. late night bust em out 2-3 times and roll out! thats what i did. f the cops

Thighs
01-28-2008, 09:24 PM
^^ you are stupid.

and wtf compton? LOL

down_shift
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
There regular drift events but no true drift tracks.

Doppelgänger
01-29-2008, 09:09 AM

*looks over at multiple trophies from drift competitions*

Yup... i own the 1st fwd Miata.......

PenginHatch
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
fwd and love drifting

redrumracer
02-09-2008, 11:36 PM
did i say anything about drifting being gay? no. and why would you think racing is gay? without road racing and autox, there would be no such thing as drifting.

rally racing has more to do with drifting than those :goodjob:

Elbow
02-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Actually drifting started off road racing

Tree
02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
black hills

redrumracer
02-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Actually drifting started off road racing

rally racing has been around longer than road course racing and drifting is an essential technique used to navigate the turns used on rally courses.

Thighs
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
rally racing has been around longer than road course racing and drifting is an essential technique used to navigate the turns used on rally courses.

it came from both. but more from rr/ax since its done on pavement. it takes no skill to get sideways on dirt. lol

redrumracer
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
tarmac

Elbow
02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Road racing is older then rally

redrumracer
02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Road racing is older then rally

hows that??? the first rally was in 1894ish

Elbow
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Road rally, I can assure you they practiced no drift techniqes lol

redrumracer
02-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Road rally, I can assure you they practiced no drift techniqes lol

but still it was the start of rally racing and not autocross or road course(track) racing :D

Elbow
02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Road rally is kind of like road racing, in a way, the cars were not rally based cars. BUT were there any real tracks at the time? I am betting a road course was made for sure before a special rally stage was ran.

down_shift
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
good god this thread has the AIDs

Nick Jeezy
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
black hills is fun
watermellon speedway is fun too. feb 16th drift event

yudalicious
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
drifting is an essential technique used to navigate the turns used on rally courses.

Seems to me in rallying after the apex the nose of the car is pretty much pointed to where the car is going (or that's the point), whereas in drifting you're still trying to get as much sideways action, two different things. But I'm neither the rally nor the drift expert.

BLK JDM
02-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Seems to me in rallying after the apex the nose of the car is pretty much pointed to where the car is going (or that's the point), whereas in drifting you're still trying to get as much sideways action, two different things. But I'm neither the rally nor the drift expert.

I think Yuda knows what he's talking about!!

Elbow
02-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Rally def played a roll in drifting, feint is not even the origional name ;) Scandinavian flick ftw.

You ever watched rallying? In tight sections the back end is always out. Sideways in high speed sweepers, etc. Watch group B videos for the best effect ;)

Night Ridaz
02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
where is black hills located may i ask?

HiPSI
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
where is black hills located may i ask?

barnesville, GA.

KidSaru
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Drifting stemmed from rally racing, but it's a more exaggerated effect of course.

Night Ridaz
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
hipsi thnks

live~sideway
02-18-2008, 10:04 PM
hipsi thnks

screw what they all say black hills is great. its a little rough but its a track not a parking lot. im sure road atlanta is just as bad if you go off the track which is why you shouldnt. anyways if you have a drift car and you dont expect it to get hurt your in for a rude awakening.

HiPSI
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
screw what they all say black hills is great. its a little rough but its a track not a parking lot. im sure road atlanta is just as bad if you go off the track which is why you shouldnt. anyways if you have a drift car and you dont expect it to get hurt your in for a rude awakening.

it's not the car getting hurt we worry about, it's the drivers ;). the way barnesville is setup there is potential for disaster if someone gets overconfident and launches off of the banking. generally someone brand new to the sport would avoid a spot like that on the track and all will be well, but some people feel compelled to do what their buddy just did for bragging rights instead of being smart and keeping within their skill level.

other than that spot i wouldn't say the track is unsafe, just a slow course.

Night Ridaz
02-19-2008, 06:59 AM
im just trying to find a safe spot to practice and have fun. tune my skills and do it the right way. cuz im not a ricer and im smart enough to do my homework and practice safety rather than go out there like some ppl do after watching tokyo drift. lol na serious im just trying to find a safe place to improve my skills now if theres some abandon spots that ppl know plz share the intel.

down_shift
02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
no ones going to give up a good spot. doesn't matter because a drift event is the single best thing you can do to improve your driving. check the events and competition areas for event threads.

brentS13
02-19-2008, 10:36 PM
you definetly have to find your own spot and keep it a secret. if a particular area gets

too many ppl sliding around there, then the cops start camping there. there are a few

places i can go where i wont get harrased, but just drive around and LOOK, you will

find someplace. Make sure you are away from main roads and high traffic areas.

P.s. industrial areas after hours FTW!!!

Nick Jeezy
02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
you definetly have to find your own spot and keep it a secret. if a particular area gets

too many ppl sliding around there, then the cops start camping there. there are a few

places i can go where i wont get harrased, but just drive around and LOOK, you will

find someplace. Make sure you are away from main roads and high traffic areas.

P.s. industrial areas after hours FTW!!!

true but its not smart to drift not on the track. i have already done all that stupid stuff. im only 18 and ive already have a wreckless, following too close, 36 over, 28 over, expired tag, class d violation(curfew) and drag racing. its dumb be a safe driver and save it for the track. however i still have my licence :goodjob:

im a grandma now.

just be safe

Stormhammer
02-23-2008, 10:48 PM
true but its not smart to drift not on the track. i have already done all that stupid stuff. im only 18 and ive already have a wreckless, following too close, 36 over, 28 over, expired tag, class d violation(curfew) and drag racing. its dumb be a safe driver and save it for the track. however i still have my licence :goodjob:

im a grandma now.

just be safe

holy **** how the hell do you even still have it?

FriskyWalrus
02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
holy **** how the hell do you even still have it?

ive wondered that as well

Nick Jeezy
02-23-2008, 11:51 PM
i dont know im a baller... lol i got out of the tag and violation. and then i got a lawyer for the 36

and then i went to court for the 28 and drag racing. the 28 got bumped to 23 over and then drag racing got bumped to too fast for condidtions. soo yeah i dont know. and i havent got to court for reckless. it was on priavite property tho. so i dont know how that playing in court but i guess i will find out.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-24-2008, 12:40 PM
black hills circuit in barnesville georgia, 30 bucks an hour to drift.

although i am guilty of it, i do not recommend drifting outside of the track. and if i do its a secure location wayyy out of the way of any public streets or buildings

Night Ridaz
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
i kinda figured that thnks ppl while time to drive but premium isnt cheap lol

§treet_§peed
03-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah Wal Mart lets us use their parking lot after 12.

I love it. that reminds me man last night i was doing hell driftin at the gainesville wally world when it was raining in my civic..