PDA

View Full Version : tow needed

ksniperfox
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
long story short-my car is located near indian trails/I-85 intersection and needs a tow(asap) to suwanee, near mcginnis ferry/PIB where a 'japanese auto repair' is located(also near my apartment).

if interested call me(kevin) at 6789336623 with your earliest possible timeframe(if you can help, call me ANY time, even if its 2am and you got a trailer or a car dolly handy it does not matter.), and what you require in terms of $. the ride will be about 15-20 miles from location of car to the shop. i have a loaner vehicle and will be visiting said shop tomorrow.

if i cant get ahold of anyone, i guess i will break down and call lance or somethin. just figured id give yall the first oppurtunity to earn a lil $.

short story long-1 week ago the MIL was on-code p0125-coolant temp. insufficient for closed loop fuel control. previous symptoms include my heat never getting hot, just lukewarm, and my temperature gauge always reading near low. i purchased a new thermostat, and changed it with a buddy. we also changed the oil. i started the car after completing installation, and gave it a high idle(2.5-3k) for 5-10 minutes. my temperature gauge slowly climbs to the middle, and my heat is now blazing hot.

next day, i take it for a spin to get the ECU ready for an emissions test. i go about 100 miles. i go to work the next day(100 miles round trip), come home just in time to pass emissions. today, i jump in my car heading to work and make it to indian trails before i start hearing funny noises. like a clicking. i start getting over to exit and further investigate. at the indian trails exit ramp, it shuts off at the light. i sit at the green for a minute, and finally get it restarted, and it runs long enough for me to coast into a parking lot(that i will not disclose here.)

symptoms this morning include-said funny noises, the temperature gauge being all the way at the bottom, and my heat is blowing air that is the same temp. as outside(25 ****in degrees).

after sitting in my car making some phone calls, i get out, observe steam coming from the hood, and some water in the engine bay. now it is 5:15 am, and it is DARK. that is the best info i have. i do not wish to attempt to limp it back 15 miles down the freeway and break it any more than it already is. the check engine light was not illuminated when i left it. it did start back up, but i shut it off immediately. i did not hang around very long, my manager picked me up on his way to work very soon after, and as i said it was dark out and i could not see much.

EmminoDaGreat
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
call a tow truck.

khan351
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
what u looking to spend?

ksniperfox
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
call a tow truck.

if i cant get ahold of anyone, i guess i will break down and call lance or somethin. just figured id give yall the first oppurtunity to earn a lil $.

call hooked on phonics. lolz, sorry man i dont mean to bash, but i will surely do that if there is nobody else by tomorrow by about 9am. any suggestions on which tow truck company would also be nice if you have any.

ksniperfox
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
what u looking to spend?

less than a tow truck, but not where it isnt worth your time. idk the going rate. i suppose i could call and find out. but ****, idk. $50?

blaknoize
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I mean... for those who wanna make mad money. He's just needin help. Help tha guy out. If I had the equipment, u could get a free tow from me. Sadly I dont :( I hate bein stuck without my car. Or... stranded on the highway in KY. I'll look around. I have a buddy that has a tow truck, well his dad does, and if I can con them BOTH into it. I'll get u off tha road, but dont count on me, cuz its a long shot.

khan351
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
i've got a friend who ships all my vehicles for my business, I'll ask him and see what he can do. I could also personally trailer it but its not worth the time, i'll let u know

quickdodgeŽ
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
tow needed

Take your pic.

http://www.geocities.com/gabyscrustyfeet/FEET.jpg

Later, QD.

B_Hoov
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
got a guy on tha way homie

ksniperfox
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
got the phone call. sweet.

ksniperfox
01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
rep when i can to onebadXJ(bruce) and his buddy chris. car now sits at the shop next to my house. i wanted to give more than 50 but i only had 8 extra dollars lol! outstanding guys, with the weather and timing and all. props to you, sir!