PDA

View Full Version : honda accord completely shaved

blackmagic1
08-02-2005, 11:48 AM
i have shaved everything on a 92 accord and i need to know the best way to completely smooth out the doors before paint for a perfectly flat surface does anayone here know someone that can do body work that could help?

Bishop
08-02-2005, 12:52 PM
What do you mean smooth out the doors? Smooth the area wear you shaved the door handle? How did you shave the door handle? Weld in a plate or just fill it up with filler?

blackmagic1
08-02-2005, 01:58 PM
I shaved the door handle ,and where the plastic trim was( on front and back door and on the fenders) the door is completely flat , but what i meant was in the sanding process the door is just weird i wasnt sure what it was but if i run my hand straight down there is a dip i cant get rid of. for the handle i used "bondo" metal patches on the inside and outside( you have to hammer the edges in around the hole where the handle used to be to allow the patch to sink in a little {if that makes sense}) then use fiberglass resin to fill the hole . to make it strong enough i used it inside and out. any confusion just ask. its a process i did twice because the first time i used regular body filler but it cracks with time.

Bishop
08-02-2005, 02:17 PM
What were you sanding with? Were you using a block? You kinda confused me on how you shaved the handle. Fiberglass will crack too just to let you know.Say you are looking at the driver door, Were you running your hand from the right to the left or from top to bottom? Is the dip you feel right over where the handle used to be?

blackmagic1
08-03-2005, 08:01 AM
i thought that might confuse you. the door handle i can make flat(using a power sander and block) but if you can find a picture of a 92 accord , look at the plastic trim on the doors. imagine taking that off, now you have a section in the door, fill that in. but when you fill that in sand , there is about 6 inches above that line that dips in (running your hand top to bottom) the sander i use is about 4 square inches. should i use a different tool to get a larger area even {note: the door itself is curved , its not flat} find a piture and it might be easier to understand.

for that door handle i used fiberglass bondo, some green shit. It workes well and has not cracked on me, the shit is strong as hell.

Bishop
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
You should be block sanding from right to left (horizontal). So it dips six inches above where you filled in the plastic trim? Well what you need to do is get some black spray paint and lightly spray the areas you have worked on. This is called a guide coat. block sand from left to right and if there is still paint left down there then you need to fill that in with filler.

Bishop
08-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh and p.s. never use bondo on something you are going to be slamming, ex. hood, doors, trunk.......IT will crack.

blackmagic1
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
yeah that is what i have been doing , it just takes a long ass time. and to prevent cracking with the bondo, you have to use really light coats, apply a coat sand rough then add more.