PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Keep Type r On 4 door civic or switch car????

GsrCrx
01-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Hey i have a 4 door 93 eg with a built gsr bottom end and a type r head boosted, the car looks stock except the lambo doors but i came up on a 91 crx si with a d16y8 for a 1000 dollars, should i get it and just simply switch powerplants from one car to another or keep it a sleeper on the 4 door civic????

cactusEG
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I think it would do better in the CRX, im sure its lighter than the ej.. Save some trouble and time, keep it in the ej. But lose the lambos ASAP

1NonlyAccord
01-02-2008, 10:42 AM
dosnt reallly look like a sleeper to me,with the front mount hanging out under the bumper and the piping.but atleast its boosted.:ninja:

cdhtang
01-02-2008, 11:16 AM
lose those lambo, and make the front mount fit into the bumper. If you don't want to waste the time to put everything into the crx, keep the civic.

87 Turbo II
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Props fo rthe work on the civic but that front end is hideous and makes it far from sleeper. I think a CRX would be better(lighter). They look better too. Just keep the lambo doors off this time.

GsrCrx
01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
well, the thing is that the intercooler is huge, and it wont fit unless i cut the front metal piece off, which i dont want too since i have a 2 year old son that rides with me everywhere and dont want to risk anything. Also i know i made the mistake on the lambos but anybody got some stock hinges i can have??? lol

Rsxguy
01-08-2008, 06:35 PM
if u have the money then go for it

hellomynameiscarlos
01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
i say keep what you have the work is already done and the four door is prob better since you say that you have a youngin.

bandydesign
01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
well, the thing is that the intercooler is huge, and it wont fit unless i cut the front metal piece off, which i dont want too since i have a 2 year old son that rides with me everywhere and dont want to risk anything. Also i know i made the mistake on the lambos but anybody got some stock hinges i can have??? lol

Just go to a junkyard and sell your lambo hinges for mad $$ and you'll be way ahead. For some reason those hinges are worth alot:screwy::thinking:

skillzilla
01-12-2008, 03:53 AM
haha I hate to kick a dead horse here but "Sleeper" and a huge exposed FMIC with bling bling piping hanging out do not really mix :)

I say swap everything to the Rex and convert your 4 door back to stock. Its always nice to have a DD and a fun car.