PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 2012 Mazda RX-9?

Kamikaze
01-01-2008, 09:58 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/mazdarx9_1_opt.jpg

http://media.techeblog.com/elephant//ul/7815-450x-mazdarx9_2.jpg

The only car brochure we ever held on to was for a 1993 Mazda RX-7. It was the baddest car of the time -- the 300Z was four years old, the 911 had gone soft, Ferrari had that hideous 348, the C4 Corvette never really did it for us, and the lunar lander Supra hadn't landed yet. The low, tiny twin-turbo monster was it as far as we were concerned. Which is why we are always happy to read about the next coming of the RX-7. Just Put has renderings of an RX-9 concept that it says would have a Wankel powerplant of somewhere around 1.8 liters, and be more oil and fuel efficient than the current generation. Power would make it to an unidentified number of wheels via a dual-clutch 6-speed transmission and limited-slip diff.

We have no idea from where these two renderings have come. They could be official images that were leaked. Their slightly low resolution supports that theory, as often leaked images are small and enlarged beyond their resolution later. Or it could be a nicely done photochop by a fanboy. Either way, we think it lacks aggression and the rear looks highly derivative. The front end's nicely complex features doesn't seem to match the simple buttocks, another reason why it might not be the real deal. But hey, first let's get verification that an RX-something-fast really is on the way, and we can sort out the styling later.

--Autoblog

Discuss.

OneSlow5pt0
01-01-2008, 10:02 PM
i like it...........i love Mazda's thinking

redrumracer
01-01-2008, 10:05 PM
i wish they would just bring back the 3rd gen rx7, with an updated tt or t motor

OneSlow5pt0
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
i love this render though

http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/mazda/766062.jpg

87 Turbo II
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
The new engine is called the 16X 1.6L rotary making 280 bhp N/A (you can already find it on Mazda's website). Plans for the next Rx-7 are to have an electronically pre-spoolled single turbocharger. This would keep the turbo charger blades spinning @ half the speed of full boost during idle. Getting on the throttle halfway causes the the electric motor to go to 3/4 w/ gases finishing up and full throttle lets the exhaust gases take over completely. Estimated power after turbocharger addition (if cleared for production) is around 340bhp virtually lag free. Plans for the new 7 are to be released at the 2009 Tokyo auto show.

P.S............. if it looks like that I'll be upset, but I'll still lust after it. I'm hoping it continues to look like a beefier hardtop Miata as the old one kinda did in its time. Also, I hope it looks lighter than it does here, as that looks like all other heavy Japanese cars.

R32Dragon
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
If I had a dollar for every next generation rotory concept released from Mazda, i'd would go out and buy a FD3s cash.

juanito
01-02-2008, 09:24 PM
okkkk