PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Girl with a tC

irockface18
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, so im the obvious girl looking for good first mods for my stock tC. I def want more power, a possible turbo charger kit. I also want to lower it. Maybe even a whole exhaust system.

If you could suggest some good brands and some good first mods for my 06 stock tc, it would be great! Thanks :flash:

itz a jew
01-01-2008, 01:55 PM
sell it... nuff said

green91
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
trd struts & supercharger

JITB
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
u sure u ready for a whole exhaust system? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol

Spektrewing386
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
the tc is a nice around town little car, but just like civics.... not exactly spending your money wisley by putting forced induction on it.

cactusEG
01-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, so im the obvious girl looking for good first mods for my stock tC. I def want more power, a possible turbo charger kit. I also want to lower it. Maybe even a whole exhaust system.

If you could suggest some good brands and some good first mods for my 06 stock tc, it would be great! Thanks :flash:

a good suspenion :goodjob: Tein strut assbly or cheap ok way. takico shocks with ebach springs...

green91
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
the tc is a nice around town little car, but just like civics.... not exactly spending your money wisley by putting forced induction on it.

while i dont know how the 2azfe handlos alot of boost, most civics respond very well to boost.. im not sure im following your logic here

nreggie454
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM

My advice is to join some tC forums, and read everything you can about making power and buying aftermarket stuff. Something tells me that you might need to brush up on your info before you start spending money.

If not, I have some sweet HID fluid for your headlights... 7000K.

antiv6
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
just do springs and wheels, i know the xb's only gain 40 h/p with a supercharger, im sure the tc's arent much different, and the xb supercharger is like 4 grand

thepolecat
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
With a Tc your going to run into alot of codes being thrown. Toyota has not really made the Tc as a mod friendly car. Most things you do will cause you to fail emissions. Sorry.

JBalla1036
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
With a Tc your going to run into alot of codes being thrown. Toyota has not really made the Tc as a mod friendly car. Most things you do will cause you to fail emissions. Sorry.

I have 3 good friends that have went through all the bolt-ons and are now running FI. None of them have had any problems with codes or failing emissions. In fact I hardly ever hear of anyone have emissions problems on the tC

Alan®
01-01-2008, 02:47 PM
The tC handles and responds to boost very well. with the Treadstone kit on my buddies tC on low boost it ran mid 13's consistently which TryMy4.0 can attest to. with using just an afc to tune the setup he was putting down 289whp. By far the treadstone kit is the best bang for the buck if your going to go FI and not care about the warranty but the TRD S.C. Kit has seen some preety good numbers but the shafts are prone to blowing out due to poor oil flow design by toyota and vortech

Alan®
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
idk where you get your info from but I/E never threw any codes on my car unless you install the intake wrong and dont keep the MAF sensor clean you will not throw a code. The only true cat back is made by Tsudo as far as I know and it's like $230 shipped. do those first and you wont be disappointed.

green91
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I have 3 good friends that have went through all the bolt-ons and are now running FI. None of them have had any problems with codes or failing emissions. In fact I hardly ever hear of anyone have emissions problems on the tC

I havent seen any properly modified tCs throwing alot of codes. Dont over oil the filter and hook the evap and purge lines back up properly on your intake and you should be fine.

Logan
01-01-2008, 04:20 PM

Toyota developed the scion series of cars to cater to the tuner crowd. We have no emissions here.

Check scionlife.com

Performance-wise:

Look into the Tanabe concept G exhaust. Lots of scion guys are happy with that setup.

Also a performance chip will bring some decent numbers too.

appearance:

Tein springs should drop it pretty well.
Wheels are endless.

Good luck with it.

wantboost
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
what does being a girl have to do with anything?

Logan
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM
what does being a girl have to do with anything?

Maybe she thinks we'll go easy on her :D

Alan®
01-01-2008, 04:25 PM
^that would be like a snowball hoping not to melt in hell

Alan®
01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Toyota developed the scion series of cars to cater to the tuner crowd. We have no emissions here.

Check scionlife.com

Performance-wise:

Look into the Tanabe concept G exhaust. Lots of scion guys are happy with that setup.

Also a performance chip will bring some decent numbers too.

appearance:

Tein springs should drop it pretty well.
Wheels are endless.

Good luck with it.
I wouldnt go with that as they only make an axle back for that car like i said i would go with the tsudo

JBalla1036
01-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Also check out scinergyie.com

Firefightin_tC
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM

From another tC guy in the IA crowd, I strongly suggest you visit websites:

www.scionlife.com (http://www.scionlife.com/)

This place is your one-stop-shop in terms of research. These guys know what they are talking about and will gladly get you knowledgable so that you can make a educated choice when you buy your modifications for your tC.

If you're looking for something local:

www.scikotics.com (http://www.scikotics.com/)

Just whoring out the name because I'm apart of 'em.

Exhaust wise...it depends on what you're looking for. IMO, I used YouTube to get me started in my quest and there are alot of clips here that'll give you an idea of what you're getting when you drop 300+ for a exhaust.

Personally, I'm running a Tanabe Concept G Axleback and a Megan Midpipe.

If you're looking for something custom, find a axleback that you like, then piece it together. Axleback + Midpipe + S-Pipe + Header/Downpipe.

Suspension, I'm rolling on Tein S-Techs and I'm on stock struts which I haven't had any problems with but I'm switching them out for Tokico Struts come this summer.

Power-wise....screw the Supercharger and save up for the Treadstone Turbo Kit...or the Dezod Turbo Kit...can't go wrong.

There ideas a-plenty to figure out what you want to do. Good Luck. :goodjob:

Lucky.
01-01-2008, 05:20 PM
awesome, another tC owner....check out tCstreetperformance.com

Nismo
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
awesome, another tC owner....check out tCstreetperformance.com

I wouldnt check them out. Check out scikotics (sp?) They are where its at. Im basing this on the name alone though.

BKgen®
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM

A good first mod is to replace your muffler bearing with a carbon fiber one... which I hear gives about a 20% power gain.

Complication
01-01-2008, 09:36 PM
A good first mod is to replace your muffler bearing with a carbon fiber one... which I hear gives about a 20% power gain.

/fail

Nismo
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
/fail

No sir its lulz

BKgen®
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
lollerskates

OneSlow5pt0
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
brandon,are u trying to make a funny?

BKgen®
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
brandon,are u trying to make a funny?

yes, but as it's already been pointed out... i've failed. :(

$5 says the OP ebays "muffler bearing" though :lmfao:

Alan®
01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Also check out scinergyie.com
**** scionergy. they are a bunch of middle aged guys with nothing better to do then mod cars that kids are driving but then they go to meets and act like immature high school kids trust me i know first hand

Alan®
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I wouldnt check them out. Check out scikotics (sp?) They are where its at. Im basing this on the name alone though.
TCSP is actually a pretty good bunch of guys although the name really doesnt fit the group as only one guy is boosted in the whole crew. I am a part of them so i'm not bashing but just pointing out something

OneSlow5pt0
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM
yes, but as it's already been pointed out... i've failed. :(

$5 says the OP ebays "muffler bearing" though :lmfao:

well then ur starting the new year out as good as u ended that last:D

i heard if u cut a hole in the muffler,it will free up HP?

GSRteg®
01-01-2008, 09:48 PM
sell it... nuff said

The Scions are the mid age car for grandpa and grandma... dont believe me look around.

Nismo
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
^ Yeah if you jam a screw driver or better yet, unbolt the muffler and then its loud.

Elbow
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
2JZ's bolt right in, boom instant Celica power with the reliability of G20 turbos.

Logan
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
You should swap in a QU33F for ultimate power.

Rough crowd we're having here.

_Christian_
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
^lol. reps

OneSlow5pt0
01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
You should swap in a QU33F for ultimate power.

Rough crowd we're having here.

sir,i looked that up...and its not a engine

87 Turbo II
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
What's a woman going to do with a tC? Sure not drive it I hope.

I keed I keed.

Good luck with your project thingy. Go RWD next time.

itz a jew
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
From wat I noticed is there is a lot of daddy yankee wana bs that roll around in the tc's lol

87 Turbo II
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
sir,i looked that up...and its not a engine
es-yay ut-bay e-way are-yay oping-hay at-thay e-shay oesn't-day eak-spay eet-lay ..............-.ay or-yay -ig-pay atin-lay

Lucky.
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
any pics? of the car....or you?

AnthonyF
01-07-2008, 07:25 AM
The tC handles and responds to boost very well. with the Treadstone kit on my buddies tC on low boost it ran mid 13's consistently which TryMy4.0 can attest to. with using just an afc to tune the setup he was putting down 289whp. By far the treadstone kit is the best bang for the buck if your going to go FI and not care about the warranty but the TRD S.C. Kit has seen some preety good numbers but the shafts are prone to blowing out due to poor oil flow design by toyota and vortech

is that the white one i raced in Reynolds? if you knew what was going on with my car during that particular race, you'd understand why it beat me. lol. I owned that car and another tC that day.