PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Georgia Walk for Autism

Whiteboy™
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
“Your child has autism.”

These four simple words define the facts. They are useful in explaining the past but they do not predict the future. They do not convey the devastating toll that autism has had on our family nor limit our determinedness to overcome this disorder. They are words that a new family will hear every 20 minutes.

By participating in this event, our hope is that we will soon hear “Your child no longer has autism.”

Information

Event Information: Georgia

Date:
Saturday, April 12, 2008

Venue:
Atlantic Station
171 17th Street
Atlanta, GA 30363

Times:
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
Resource Fair opens at 8:30 a.m.
Opening ceremonies begin at 9:30 a.m.
Walk kicks off: 10:00 a.m.
Resource Fair closes: 12:00 p.m.

For more info, call: (770) 451-0570
or email [email protected]

About WALK FOR AUTISM
Walk for Autism, the nation's largest grassroots autism walk program, is Autism Speaks'signature fundraising and awareness event, taking place in communities across the United States, as well as in Canada and the United Kingdom. Powered by volunteers and families with loved ones on the autism spectrum, this successful grassroots fundraising effort not only generates vital funds for autism research but also raises awareness about the increasing prevalence of autism and the need for increased research funding to combat this complex disorder.

About Autism Speaks/Marcus Institute
Autism Speaks/Marcus Institute is dedicated to increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders, to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and cure for autism, and to advocating for the needs of affected families. It was founded in February 2005 by Suzanne and Bob Wright, the grandparents of a child with autism. Bob Wright is Vice Chairman, General Electric, and served as chief executive officer of NBC for more than twenty years. Autism Speaks/Marcus Institute has merged with both the National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR) and Cure Autism Now (CAN), bringing together the nation's three leading autism advocacy organizations. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit www.autismspeaks.org (http://www.autismspeaks.org/).

About Autism
Autism is a complex brain disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships, and is often accompanied by extreme behavioral challenges. Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed in one in 150 children in the United States, affecting four times as many boys as girls. The diagnosis of autism has increased tenfold in the last decade. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure remain unknown.

Please Donate at:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=252637&lis=0&kntae252637=7B3EDA6E5793405B957DF8A4104A25F7

§treet_§peed
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
man if i asn't jobless and borked i would throw 2o there way

puregroove
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
+ rep for posting this. :yes:

steedracer
01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
are they having vendors bc i might could get my step dad to bring our kettle corn machine. pm me if so.

Bud
01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Whiteboy™ again.

but homie thats awesome you posted this

steedracer
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
gave him some for both of us

Bud
01-06-2008, 10:24 PM
^^^thanks steed

Whiteboy™
01-06-2008, 10:36 PM
are they having vendors bc i might could get my step dad to bring our kettle corn machine. pm me if so.

i dont know man, you will have to call their info line.

WhiteAccord
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I down to do this, I might pull some friends into doing this.

Anyone else down to walk?

steedracer
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
i dont know man, you will have to call their info line.
i will talk to him and see if he can.