PDA

View Full Version : Help! car wont start

bboystyles
12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Video added:goodjob:
00 civic si
I just bought a new distributor so I swap out the old one now car wont start, it crank but nothing else. please help, I put everything back the way it suppose to be. thanks also, theres no spark

here's a video of what it sounds like when I crank the engine.
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/bboystyless/?action=view&current=enginesound.flv

bboystyles
12-31-2007, 08:22 PM
car now has fuel, sparks, but still not starting, Anyone?

jdm_91crx
12-31-2007, 09:55 PM
when you put the new distributor on, did you insert the spark plug wires in the right sequence order? double check spark plugs, and use a tachometer to test if your spark plug wires has current running through...if nothing, then take to a pepboys to diagnose...

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 01:26 PM
when you put the new distributor on, did you insert the spark plug wires in the right sequence order? double check spark plugs, and use a tachometer to test if your spark plug wires has current running through...if nothing, then take to a pepboys to diagnose...

Yeh, I've check the spark plugs order. Everything seems like its correct but car still wont start. I put the distributor back the same way since it can only go in one way so its not rotated 180 degrees. So the car have fuel, sparks, firing order is correct, sensor everything is attach, i dont know what else to do:???: because the car was running perfect before the distributor change:(

Do I need to set the car to TDC standard? i shouldnt have to right since theres only one way the distributor can go in. maybe the timing belt jumped a teeth or 2? that also wouldnt allow the car to start right?
HONDA GURU UNITE:D I need help!

silversol
01-01-2008, 04:49 PM
is the check engine light on at all? also check you fuses and the basics first!

bafbrian
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Also, check your grounds and wires that connect to the dizzy and make sure none came loose.

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
yeh actually ive check all grounds, wires, connectors like 10x lol. I still cant seem to find the problem. the car cranks but it sounds very weak. its just doesnt start. I live in gwinnett if anyone can take a look, it would be very appreciated. and yeh check engine light been on but its for my o2.

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 06:06 PM
and thanks for all the help

silversol
01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
where you located in gwinnett?

Mr. Clean
01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
welcome to the mystery machine squad... copy my avatar

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
where you located in gwinnett?

If you stay in lawrenceville, then I'm very close :D
here's my number 404 429 7824, if you're not busy then hit me up
thanks

silversol
01-01-2008, 09:08 PM
pm me your location

AnTi-PooN
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
why did you change the dizzy in the first place?

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 09:55 PM
why did you change the dizzy in the first place?

because It was about to go bad. You can hear all the noises it was making, figure since I have a new one might as well replace it instead of just the cap and rotor.

95alty
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Ive had the problem before in my altima... try this... pump the gas pedal when you try and start the car..... if it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt... may be a fuel pump issue... that may be your noise

bboystyles
01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Ive had the problem before in my altima... try this... pump the gas pedal when you try and start the car..... if it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt... may be a fuel pump issue... that may be your noise

maybe but i dont think tats the issue because the car has fuel pressure and i check my spark plugs, cranking the engine like tat flooded my engine a little becuse the plugs were fowl, they were wet, but only a little. the funny thing is i think im pretty good with cars, I can swap motors, build motors, and now just cuz of a distibutor that its not startin:thinking: im going crazy lol

turbosx©
01-02-2008, 12:19 AM
lol your thinking to hard.Check your timing.

scttydb411
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
double check your cel as well.

bboystyles
01-02-2008, 01:03 PM
lol your thinking to hard.Check your timing.

I did but I could be wrong, cause Im usually not tat accurate when it comes to timing:D

bboystyles
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
double check your cel as well.

the car wont start and when I turn the car to the on position the CEL doesnt come on anymore.. sorry but Im having a brain fart right now cant remember if the car suppose to be running to run the CEL check or just on. but thnks for the advice

bboystyles
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Up top
I just uploaded a video of what the engine sounds like when I crank it.

blaknoize
01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Could u simply be "180 out" or what they say. Could u remove the dizzy and rotate the (what I call) cogs around 180 degree then insert it back in? That might.

bboystyles
01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
no i'd try that also, but it doesnt work since because the insert could only go in one way. if you flip it 180 it would just go in half way. but thanks for the advice

blaknoize
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Just makin sure. Sorry I couldnt help :( sucks not to have ur ride, but I'm not very well this diagnoses' I havent done myself.

bboystyles
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Just makin sure. Sorry I couldnt help :( sucks not to have ur ride, but I'm not very well this diagnoses' I havent done myself.

oh its cool man, any help would be very useful right now:D the thing I've never had any problem with my car until the whole distributor thing. and I've done so much things to it also.

odie22
01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
make sure u plug evething back up... and check the firing order also i hope this helps out..

MaconPerformance
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
the new dizzy might be bad....Did you put the old one back on to see if it ran poorly still?

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 12:39 AM
make sure u plug evething back up... and check the firing order also i hope this helps out..

yeh i have, im positive, thanks:goodjob:

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
the new dizzy might be bad....Did you put the old one back on to see if it ran poorly still?

honestly I hope the car did ran. I tried the new one and the old one but the car still wont start.. I cant think of why its so weird. Hope some1 was near and can come and check it out, i would really appreciate it.

scttydb411
01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
the car wont start and when I turn the car to the on position the CEL doesnt come on anymore.. sorry but Im having a brain fart right now cant remember if the car suppose to be running to run the CEL check or just on. but thnks for the advice

does the cel at least come on during the initial key on/testing sequence and then shut off? if it doesn't even come on at all then there is something else wrong.

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
does the cel at least come on during the initial key on/testing sequence and then shut off? if it doesn't even come on at all then there is something else wrong.

yeh its comes on like all the other lights, then it goes away. I have try checkin the CEL like that also but nothing shows up. man all this bcause of a distributor:( wtpho

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm hoping not but is there any way to tell if my motor is flooded from all the cranking? My spark plugs had a little moisture on them but nothing serious. I had taken them out so that the fuel can evaporate. sparks plugs are not fowl i don't think...

TypeRPersonality
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Looks like you got most of your bases covered already. My car wouldn't start this morning, so I got a friend to jumpstart it for me. From what I hear, cheap batteries in cold weather would make it harder to start your car.

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Looks like you got most of your bases covered already. My car wouldn't start this morning, so I got a friend to jumpstart it for me. From what I hear, cheap batteries in cold weather would make it harder to start your car.

yeh thats true, I tried to jumpstart the car twice and also let it charge a little but that didnt work either, but it could be my battery. Its just that I really dont have a ride right now to go get it check and I also dont want to have to spend money on a new batt if thats not the case. Honestly I had this battery for less then 5k miles i guess, but anything can happen :Dmy civic finally beat me and thanks

TheProfiteer
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
1-3-4-2 man, make sure your number one wire is on the correct #1 spot on the dizzy.
Unlike normal civics, the DOHC is one bellow.

I am pretty sure you have the ignition timing off.

blaknoize
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
the new dizzy might be bad....Did you put the old one back on to see if it ran poorly still? That actually might be it. Funkin dizzy's on honda seem to suck ASS!!!! I'm still having problems with mine and I've had 4 of them

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
1-3-4-2 man, make sure your number one wire is on the correct #1 spot on the dizzy.
Unlike normal civics, the DOHC is one bellow.

I am pretty sure you have the ignition timing off.

yep:goodjob: I just checked again

TheProfiteer
01-03-2008, 07:49 PM
your sparking, your getting fuel, and it still wont start?
i had the same thing happen but my compression was all of out whack, if you car ran before and the dizzy died when you got a new one it wouldnt work thats odd.

hmmm, are you sure you got the right dizzy, where you at man, If your close by I could take a look at the car for ya.

bboystyles
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
your sparking, your getting fuel, and it still wont start?
i had the same thing happen but my compression was all of out whack, if you car ran before and the dizzy died when you got a new one it wouldnt work thats odd.

hmmm, are you sure you got the right dizzy, where you at man, If your close by I could take a look at the car for ya.

...I live near near killian hill.. i'll pm you my number and just hit me up if you're able to come look at it. and I havent done a compression or leak down yet since it been too cold also no tools for the job. my compression could be low because of all the crankin so.. just lmk and thanks so much man.

bboystyles
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
293 Views and only 38 replies (well counting me^_^)...come on now, I know theres IA people who own/know hondas, or atleast can tell why the car sounds like tat.. any advice would help, please Im desperate, kind of need the car for work lol thanks

turbosx©
01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
if your getting spark,fuel, and air its your timing.

bboystyles
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
thanks guys I found the problem thanks for all ya'll help