PDA

View Full Version : 02 civic brakes/suspension issues

JITB
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
alright , i have a issue with a noise form the front end, like a popping noise every now and than. While turning or even hitting a bump. its not consistent, but it happens more the sharper the turn is, or the begining of a sharp turn. My axle boots are fine, but im thinking its my tie rod ends? Visually they look ok, but they are flat. would that cause the noise? i hope it is, its a easy fix.. :)

and my brakes squeak like crazy after 10-15 miles of driving.. but the pads are 2 months old if not less, and have plenty of life left. They arent any special pads, so i didnt expect them to be the quietest. But they are squeaking loud at the end of stops. i was gonna take them apart and re grease them with brake quiet.. will that work? or do i just need to get better quality pads?

BUGMAN
12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
alright , i have a issue with a noise form the front end, like a popping noise every now and than. While turning or even hitting a bump. its not consistent, but it happens more the sharper the turn is, or the begining of a sharp turn. My axle boots are fine, but im thinking its my tie rod ends? Visually they look ok, but they are flat. would that cause the noise? i hope it is, its a easy fix.. :)

and my brakes squeak like crazy after 10-15 miles of driving.. but the pads are 2 months old if not less, and have plenty of life left. They arent any special pads, so i didnt expect them to be the quietest. But they are squeaking loud at the end of stops. i was gonna take them apart and re grease them with brake quiet.. will that work? or do i just need to get better quality pads?

Boots may be fine but it sounds like your CV's are going out. I am pretty sure that you can get them for under $100 each brand new and they are not too bad to change out.

Brakes sound like you have gotten them really hot a time or two.

kfzemx3
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
sounds like CV

for your brakes have you done any hard stopping? or are these cheapy pads? get you a decent set of pads if they are you dont have to go as far as getting a set of hawks or ebc, a set of raybestos pads would work fine, good brakes and they give you a pretty decent warranty on them

JITB
12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
i was indenial about the cv being worn..lol... the car is being drove to california, this weekend, i dont know if ill have time to fix it...

But the brakes werent the cheapest, i believe they were wearever.. but i knew i should have just gotten the same ones i would have gotten for my gt. but i havent been doin any hard braking its jsut a daily ole civic.

thanx for the advice.