PDA

View Full Version : Integra Exhaust Question

Blitanicle99
12-30-2007, 05:40 PM
So my buddy has an 98 LS Integra. We just got done making a short ram intake for it, putting a heatshield on it soon but for now, its in his price range and works well so no bashing.
Anyways...
Exhaust wise...
Spend the money on say a Apexi N1 catback system...
or el cheapo off brand stuff?
The only thing different should be the muffler right? The piping cannnot be any different, or so it seems.
Reps for help, thanks.

ryanh300
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Save for an Apex'i N1, you won't be let down. I love mine and the cheapo stuff is what sounds rice. Do it right the first time and you won't regret it down the road.

xlilvi3tx
12-30-2007, 06:27 PM
i say go for the WS series... it sounds so much better. the n1 sounds nasty but looks pretty good with a tilt on integras imo. i heard about 4 stock integra with the authentic n1 and they all sounds raspy and crap. and the pipin could be different because it might be a tad bit smaller or bigger. cheap mufflers sounds like sh!t and just looks plain cheap lol

Blitanicle99
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
What about taking an Apexi muffler with the cheapo piping?
I know the muffler would be crap, but the pipe cant be much different as long as its the same O.D. and the flanges are the same.

ShadowCarRev
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
No the Piping is no different, as long as it is bent right and made with good metals. You dont want just plain steel cause it will rust. Get something that will last. As long as you have that then you are good to go! Make sure that is is the right size too. You dont want to be stuck trying to refit a 1,1/3'' piping to try to fit on a 2,1/2 on the muffler which most of them have, or is it 2? Either way Right size, Right material and good metal then dont matter the brand name!

Mr. Clean
12-30-2007, 09:31 PM
just be careful on your exhaust choices. if you buy some exhaust that comes with a bunch of random piping that your going to have to piece together then you run the risk of having a whole lot of jagged curves in your piping, but if you go for some good exhaust then it should come bent to pretty much exactly what will fit under your car. it will also have plenty of hangers and good placement of them. if you have a good welder then you can make a lot of stuff work but its just a lot easier with some of the prep work already done.

AND make sure that if your car is OBD2 that there is a bung for your second o2 sensor because thats a pain in the ass.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Get an HKS hi power cat-back system. They look the same as the apex-i N1 but they sound better and they dont have that obnoxiously big muffler tip and it has that angled look. Dude dont go the cheap route you with most def regret it in the end. If you decide to buy the apexi muffler($200) and do custom piping($200) plus labor and tax. Your gonna spend the same amount, so just buy the HKS hi-power system they make quality products and the fitment will be perfect. You can bolt it on yourself in less than 30 mins.

Below is a link to the HKS exhaust.
http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=136_456_145&products_id=1465

Blitanicle99
12-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Anybody running specials right now? Looking to spend really no more than 300ish.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Nopi has a N1 style catback system for $230. Im not sure how it will sound though.

Here is the link.
http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_part_detail.cfm?vmakeid=010&vcid=1011265&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1998&vnopinum=001%2B4914&vTitle=1998%20ACURA%20Integra

itz a jew
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Im stuck on the WSP2 im sick of the loud exhaust, I had a buddy with one on his integra and it sounded very good. It was loud and all just sounded a little deep. If you want go to you tube and type in the exhaust that you are interested and a bunch of videos will come uup. That will give you a idea of what its gunna sound like

Sammich
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
save your money and get what you REALLY want

b16ftw
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
i'd go with the apexi exhaust... if you have the money.

Blitanicle99
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Again not my money, my buddies. He doesnt make much, sorta enough to get by and them some cash on the side. Im gonna check out youtube...

Sammich
12-31-2007, 01:23 PM
tell him to save then buy...dont cheap out

RBS
12-31-2007, 01:32 PM
how about you keep your stock exhaust and get a type S/type R axle back :D

integraguy06
01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
im the buddy btw, and we have been looking into a lot of different exhaust sounds on you tube, comparing prices at the same time. and if i do get exhaust work done it will be done right the first time no doubt, i have a friend with a 93 integra and he had a greddy cat back, im not exactly sure the specifics, but it sounded great and he didnt pay more then 400, and he installed it himself;

basically the question would be apexi N1 system V.S. the greddy evo 2 cat back