PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share this...

Julio
08-01-2005, 10:36 PM
I've been hearing alot of people lately say that IA has change and all we care is about money because we delete crap posted by vendors and non site sponsors and blaze blaze.
Well 1st off... I have lost alot of money and time on IA.com, Do I regret? No.
But when I 1st started IA.com I had to pay to advertise on a couple of other sites myself.
Also When Paul,Pablo or myself go to do events,we have pay to for hotels,gas, materials and other shit out of our pockets. They do that because they love this shit. They Have also spend alot of money and time on this SITE. When we get money from a sponsor it goes right back into the site.
I mean, we pay for girls/DJ/Materials and other misc shit for some events.
BTW, DJ and Some of the GIRLS are not free. Some of the girls do help us wich is awsome, but some we have to pay.

I just get tired of people always throwing that out there.. all IA cares is about the money.. fuck you and fuck that.... Im not rich, paul is not rich and pablo is not rich. The money we charge sponsors to advertise on this site pays for expenses of this site.
honestly to go out an cover events and the time we put into this site is not cheap once you start adding up expenses.
And still with the sponsors we have now, It does not cover for all of it, But hey, It helps most def..
But When I started IA no one wanted to give me free advertising, So why the fuck should I let anyone do it ? Sorry.
Only Advertising IA had back then was word of mouth the PI ( perfected images )
The only time Members had to pay money on this was when IA 1st started.. For decals, The demand was so high for IA.com stickers, That was the only way that I could keep up with it. We didnt have a decal hookup back then.
I hate to go to some sites where you have to pay $10.00 for premium membership or some shit like that... How lame and amazing enough, members pay it.....

This site is free and it will remain free aslong as I own it.. Now, don't know How long I will own it for, is been a long 5 + years Don't think I will own IA forever. So who knows... Is honestly hard.. trying to keep up with IA, personal life and a real demanding job....
And quite honestly, I couldn't afford Paul or Pablo for the work and time they have put in over the last years.

But anyways, just wanted to throw that out there, since I've been hearing that alot lately.

Repost Squintz
08-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Word

Leisa
08-01-2005, 10:39 PM
The site is awesome Julio... we appreciate everything that all of you do... :goodjob:

5thgcelica
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
props man.

i love this site and i appreciate all you guys put into it..

keep it up!!!

Brett
08-01-2005, 10:41 PM
VERY WELL SAID!!!

The Yousef
08-01-2005, 10:41 PM
God bless you and all other admins/mods/members on the site for making it what it is..... :goodjob:

yousef

quickdodgeŽ
08-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Fuck haters. You keep doing what you're doing, Julio and we'll all still be here for ya. Later, QD.

Marta Mike
08-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Word man, the site is awesome, since ive been on it ive seen nothing but improvements and hope they keep coming. But im with ya julio i know you guys put in time to put out a good service/product w/e u wanna call it. Even if you were gettin money i just couldnt see how it would be much of a profit it anyway, and if it were its not like yall just taking the money and ia not doing shit. Like julio said a lot of these sites have fees. Hell ia is the only site i have seen that gives out free stickers!!! :goodjob:

flysi00
08-01-2005, 10:52 PM
well said man keep it up

ahmonrah
08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
if they hate on the site...they can get the fuck outta here.. 'nuff said.

man
08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
keep up the great work!!!

RutRoe
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Julio there are a lot mroe people out there who are really thankful for IA than it may seem...

Lots of new friendships have been made, even a few love interests... but more importantly you created community. People from all walks of life, previously who had nothing in common, now have tons.

You and Pablo, Paul, Brett and everyone else that cares about IA have really made something special.

You've got a lot to be proud of. And not to be cliche, but if you look at the guys who made fun of me in high school for trying to be the person I am today, and that they never stopped me or slowed me down from achieving what I knew I could, do you know where they are now?

They're seriously in jail, in dead end minium wage jobs, but more importantly, they're still not holding me back.

IA rocks and it will continue to set the tone for other online communities in the future.

Brett
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
People just dont seem to realize that it does cost money to run a site, especially one that eats up as much bandwidth as IA does, We have over 5,000 active users, IA has made the Atlanta and South East scene what it is today, without it, I can promise over 95% of us wouldnt know eachother, and I wouldnt trade that for nothing

Kevykev
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
well said man.

4dmin
08-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Im not rich, paul is not rich and pablo is not rich.

shheeiiittt... you know you got a M3 in your garage b/c of all that money we make on IA :lmfao: (M3 mirrors on a civic), dayum straight... i bet if we took all the money we spend on IA we could drive nice cars :D

TKellarB
08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Ditto to what everyone who has posted has said. I have a new "family" with IA and wouldn't know a lot of the people without it! I have learned a shitload about my car and have made some awesome friendships in the process. I cannot go more than a couple of days w/out my IA fix. :bigok:

ahmonrah
08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
People just dont seem to realize that it does cost money to run a site, especially one that eats up as much bandwidth as IA does, We have over 5,000 active users, IA has made the Atlanta and South East scene what it is today, without it, I can promise over 95% of us wouldnt know eachother, and I wouldnt trade that for nothing good point....thats all i'll say 'cause i dont wanna make a speech or anything, it might make me cry !!! :lmfao:
http://www.ralphmag.org/CV/crying-frenchman500x393.gif

fight club
08-01-2005, 11:34 PM
i dont say much on the site but i have to say i admire and respect you guys for setting this up. it is an excellent community. please keep up the good work and remember. karma follows you. for you it means good things will come. for the haters, id hate to think.

NzProjeKt
08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
when someone or something gains sucess, there are always going to be haters and those who are jealous...
you cant let it bother you though, cause that what the purpose behind all the hate....
all you have to do is flip them the bird and keep shit moving...

C22H19N3O4
08-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Is there a Paypal account set up for donations? Every bit helps. .NET 2.0 beta rocks! :)

4dmin
08-01-2005, 11:45 PM
^ there isn't one for the site personally but you want to donate buy us a :cheers: beer when you see us out :D , thats even better... we don't really like to take money from members thats why the site is free stickers are free, we try to do we keep our members in mind... i sure the hell won't pay for entertainment on the internet so i don't expect anyone else too. we do it b/c we love it and we got support from local companys in the scene. you want to help us support your local shops, keep them coming back here for business, pull new shops to IA :goodjob:

kilpatty43
08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
i love ia and fuck anyone who thinks yall arent doing a good job

RandomGuy
08-02-2005, 12:49 AM
all yall care about is money

Hulud
08-02-2005, 01:18 AM
julio is the MAN!

99ITRGIRL
08-02-2005, 03:04 AM
I totally understand. You all have done a great job with the site. We know it costs $$$$. Only people who have it in their hearts would do something like this for thousands of members. I thank you 3 for all u have done to keep this site successful! :)

99ITRGIRL
08-02-2005, 03:06 AM
good point....thats all i'll say 'cause i dont wanna make a speech or anything, it might make me cry !!! :lmfao:
http://www.ralphmag.org/CV/crying-frenchman500x393.gif
Preatch Brett! for u... :lmfao: :lmfao:

Brandon C
08-02-2005, 04:27 AM
I gave up all MY Other SItes For IA.com

I AM SO ADDICTED TO IA!!

Seriously though I have found that working with you Guy's on the many diferent levels that I have that you guys are very profesional with everything you do and I truly enjoy Sponsoring the Site,You Having me as A DJ, and a Meber who talks trash all the same .

Thank You for a wonderfull site to enjoy Every Day.

Paul F aka The Admin Said:
"Play Hip Hop NOW"

AtifSajid
08-02-2005, 06:55 AM
The people that actually dont hang out, or discuss IA with Julio, Paul, or Pablo will never know how much time and effort is actually put into keeping IA running. I understand where you guys are coming from and how many events you all attend, so I know you all arent ballin from IA. I also know like Julio stated the money goes right back into IA.

And in my opinion if they did use the money for personal use, who gives a fuck. They put there time and money into IA - keep it looking good with various updates and different forums - they are the ones that put IA on the map for us -- so why not get something out of it.

Peace..

EDIT..
And if something was to happen to IA and those guys needed some money to keep the site running..I would donate my time/money if they needed it.

threehundred
08-02-2005, 07:50 AM
The people that actually dont hang out, or discuss IA with Julio, Paul, or Pablo will never know how much time and effort is actually put into keeping IA running. I understand where you guys are coming from and how many events you all attend, so I know you all arent ballin from IA. I also know like Julio stated the money goes right back into IA.

And in my opinion if they did use the money for personal use, who gives a fuck. They put there time and money into IA - keep it looking good with various updates and different forums - they are the ones that put IA on the map for us -- so why not get something out of it.

Peace..

EDIT..
And if something was to happen to IA and those guys needed some money to keep the site running..I would donate my time/money if they needed it.

Well said. Who gives a fuck if they did make money off of the site. Does the site work? yes Do you keep coming back? yes Are they providing a service as well as entertainment? yes Do you have to pay anything? No

So if all this is true, who cares if they do get some money out of the site, and if they did, they'd be making less than minimum wage for the amount of time they are putting into it.

blacknightteg
08-02-2005, 08:02 AM
i appreciate this site and all its worth, i thank you guys for everything you have done, i have met some awesome people who are way older then me that i thought i would never get along with this site, ill alwasy support this site and any of its endevors

Kristi
08-02-2005, 08:13 AM
yall do a great job with this site. and most people don't realize all the costs behind a web site - i work with them all day so i know where you are coming from. the shit ain't free.

we appreciate all that yall do tho! and as qd said above Fuck Haters!

boosted1jz
08-02-2005, 10:07 AM
props man.

i love this site and i appreciate all you guys put into it..

keep it up!!!

what he said!!!!

lowjack
08-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Well said Julio. Kudo's to you and all the IA staff for making this site rock.

4dmin
08-02-2005, 11:20 AM
^ you guys are why we are here :tear: :D

mocha latte cupcake
08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
:bow: to the IA staff and admins! you guys do a great job and i hope IA is here for a LOOOOOOOONNNGGG time! You guys make my day worth having.... snif snif.

The Ren
08-02-2005, 12:04 PM
The bastards are just mad cause their balless selves didnt think of Ia first.. Major props to the Admins and Owners for making IA what it is.. thanks guys

Spyder
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
you are all my hero's :D

RISKYB
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
i know that I havent been on IA as long as some of you guys, but I have met some cool people and it probably wouldnt have happened without you guys, you rock and i appreciate you guys

Julio
08-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the support peeps.. I just wanted to spill that out there.. Some people just get on my nerve saying the same thing over and over again..

quickdodgeŽ
08-02-2005, 02:41 PM
FOR THE RECORD:

Most of you guys don't know this, but there is an alterior motive for this post. Every month(remember this part) Julio gets "down in the dumps." He gets these mood changes and starts to feel like no one likes him. He gets a "not so cool" feeling. So, he fises this by making a post about why IA is here just so that everyone will post good, happy stuff to make him self feel better and look good. Just wanted to let you know because:

Inquiring minds want to know. Later, QD.

Julio
08-02-2005, 02:43 PM
FOR THE RECORD:

Most of you guys don't know this, but there is an alterior motive for this post. Every month(remember this part) Julio gets "down in the dumps." He gets these mood changes and starts to feel like no one likes him. He gets a "not so cool" feeling. So, he fises this by making a post about why IA is here just so that everyone will post good, happy stuff to make him self feel better and look good. Just wanted to let you know because:

Inquiring minds want to know. Later, QD.

PMS sucks.. Lol :crazy:

Macro
08-02-2005, 02:55 PM
let people talk their smack J, all of ya do such a great job. Shoot this is my fav internet site ever. my ass was in texas IA addict, too off out of the country, i had to pay some $$ at a cafe to use the internet to be on IA. its a very addicting site. shame i haven't had the time to meet some of you guy. sooner or later