PDA

View Full Version : clock resets when car gets turned off

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
the memory wire to my clock isnt hooked up somewhere on my 94 del sol. i was wondering if anyone knew where it was or how to wire it back up. i know the radio and the memory wire are linked and of course my radio resets as well but im really just concerned with the clock but im sure if i find this wire it will fix both

there is a random orange wire with a white line coming from the radio harness and i tried to hard wire it to the fuse box but it didnt do anything. and if you unhook the radio from the harness the clock doesnt even come on so i figure some wire on the harness between the factory harness and the jacked up radio harness is just not hooked up.

thanks for any help

and heres a picture, its not that great but you can see how fu*cked up the harness is

MaconPerformance
12-29-2007, 01:03 PM
IF you got a test light you can figure which wire has constant power and that one would be the memory wire. make sure and check all your fuses too.

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 01:22 PM
IF you got a test light you can figure which wire has constant power and that one would be the memory wire. make sure and check all your fuses too.

so just run it over the wires on the factory harness?

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Man with all the **** they got wired into that car who knows what is what. You coming sunday?

RBS
12-29-2007, 03:36 PM
grab a manual and look and see which wire is which

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
grab a manual and look and see which wire is which

BAH HUMBUG!... i want answers, not paths to research

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Man with all the **** they got wired into that car who knows what is what. You coming sunday?

me and joe are riding to villa rica, so maybe if we get back in time we can.

DUUUDE. the car is one piece away from running like a champ. i have to get a IACV. so if you know anyone that has one, please let me know

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Didnt you try to clean it lol. I bet you ****ed it up. hahaha jk. Glad to hear you need one last thing. Why yall going to VR?

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Didnt you try to clean it lol. I bet you ****ed it up. hahaha jk. Glad to hear you need one last thing. Why yall going to VR?

yeah i tried to clean it but it has a sensor on it and i think it may be bad. i got the CEL checked today and thats what it popped up, it was not reading right when you give it gas, but surprisingly enough it was the ONLY thing that popped up haha.

and joe is selling his wheels to some guy in villa rica

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Ah ok well ill see yall later were gonna be in the mountains at around 10 am hopefully by then, you should come up im gonna be up there for a while after everyone else leaves prob. I plan on staying most of the day.

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Ah ok well ill see yall later were gonna be in the mountains at around 10 am hopefully by then, you should come up im gonna be up there for a while after everyone else leaves prob. I plan on staying most of the day.

well i would call you but you dont have a GODDAMN CELL PHONE!

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah yeah i know. Well ride up if yall want ill prb be there till about 4pm or so. Is joe getting blades/ls,s or is he just sellinghis wheels and riding on steels?

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah yeah i know. Well ride up if yall want ill prb be there till about 4pm or so. Is joe getting blades/ls,s or is he just sellinghis wheels and riding on steels?

steelies!! haha but he's getting payed for the old wheels as well as some steelies

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Lol aww no blades/meshes for him lol. Oh well Good deal for him I guess maybe hell find a nice set of wheels he likes. You really need to let me takes pictures of your car.......IN THE MOUNTAINS!!

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Lol aww no blades/meshes for him lol. Oh well Good deal for him I guess maybe hell find a nice set of wheels he likes. You really need to let me takes pictures of your car.......IN THE MOUNTAINS!!

haha, i cant take pictures until i get my JHP sticker, my OEM foglights, and i still want to order some amber corners and some tow hooks.

then i'll wash it... THEN we will take pictures.

and my driverside door popper quit working tonight. it clicks but it doesnt unlock the door? i hate door poppers

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Bring it to the house tomorrow later in the day and we can look at the doors, and see what we can do.

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Bring it to the house tomorrow later in the day and we can look at the doors, and see what we can do.

alright, if i cant get it to work i'll bring her by

JDMjoe
12-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh **** son looks like where puting on those none matching doors tomorrow...
Im starting to think you live in tech section...

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh **** son looks like where puting on those none matching doors tomorrow...
Im starting to think you live in tech section...

haha...i have like 6-7 threads already. but hey IA is kepping me above water

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Nah we can probably do what i said and get the plates tapped out form the inside out maybe. Just give me a call tomorrow Ill realistically be back round 1pm or so maybe sooner.

JDMjoe
12-29-2007, 09:14 PM
F*ck it... switch doors

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 09:16 PM
F*ck it... switch doors

DUDE... its uber work. and hey if those doors get completely fu*ked during our fixing process then i have some back ups

mushroom_toy
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Eh I think he can get away with knocking the plated out

SixSquared
12-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Are you gonna make me come up there and break a nail hanging those doors for you? It's not that hard, silly boy.

;)