PDA

View Full Version : Cars Edmunds sti vs shelby gt

DUBSf22c
12-29-2007, 07:45 AM
lol the STi completely kicked its ass...44/46 catagories. The fact that the Shelby only won 1/24th of things tested is so pathetic

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/PopUpVideoPlayer/videoID=20190448/

EJ25RUN
12-29-2007, 07:57 AM
yes! i agree 100%, sti all the way!

i work at a subie dealer and we wonder sometimes how other car sales man can sell the crap on their lots.

we gots

impreza wrx - sti
legacy gt - 3.0r
outback xt
forester sports xt - basically sti forester
tribeca - real nice suv (best center console ever)

UpSideDownDesi
12-29-2007, 08:03 AM
STI...FTW.

DUBSf22c
12-29-2007, 08:03 AM
i was actually talking about that to a friend.. I mean I know how my dad sells cars.. he is over at hayes.. (well he runs more **** then selling cars)
But subys line-up is great

yes! i agree 100%, sti all the way!

i work at a subie dealer and we wonder sometimes how other car sales man can sell the crap on their lots.

we gots

impreza wrx - sti
legacy gt - 3.0r
outback xt
forester sports xt - basically sti forester
tribeca - real nice suv (best center console ever)

collins
12-29-2007, 08:34 AM
first off, they tested a mudstain. lol of course a lighter, nimbler, just as powerful sti is going to prevail in road tests...

and to the comment of how do the other guys sell the crap on their lots? man, subarus might be nice functional cars, but damn they sure are fugly! hell the new sti reminds me of the civic si aka the oddesy. c'mon man!

UpSideDownDesi
12-29-2007, 08:35 AM
first off, they tested a mudstain. lol of course a lighter, nimbler, just as powerful sti is going to prevail in road tests...

and to the comment of how do the other guys sell the crap on their lots? man, subarus might be nice functional cars, but damn they sure are fugly! hell the new sti reminds me of the civic si aka the oddesy. c'mon man!
i own a ugly car :(.......everyone giving me *2 thumbs up* must be stupid. It's a love a and hate affair when it comes to most of the cars. Subaru puts futionallity before looks like most (american) automakers.... Ford putting fake scoops on the mustang gt's to make it look pretty, same applies to Pointiac when they went hood scoop crazy on almost all the cars.

Mr. Clean
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM
wow... sti butt raped mr. mustang. i always knew sti's were bad ass but now that EDMUNDS says they're bad ass i really have peace of mind haha

DUBSf22c
12-29-2007, 10:00 AM

they compared cars in that price range.. K THANKS BAI/

IMWEZL
12-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Come on this is the South! I'm sure there will be more Mustang S-GT owners than 08 STI's.

The interior on the new STi looks better than the last gen. I just don't like the exterior, however I drive an SRT4 so.....

evokenny
12-29-2007, 11:28 AM
hmm nice video . go sti's

Deke
12-29-2007, 11:38 AM
I said it on wrxatlanta. I'll say it here. I'd still take the shelby. :)

But also like I said on wrxatl, they're comparing apples to blowjobs.

OneSlow5pt0
12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
i gotta get me a SVX and get in the subie game

GangstaCoupe
12-29-2007, 12:24 PM
wow... sti butt raped mr. mustang. i always knew sti's were bad ass but now that EDMUNDS says they're bad ass i really have peace of mind haha

lol +1

SicStang03
12-29-2007, 01:45 PM

OMG that STI butt rapped a Mustang GT... Congradu****ulations :goodjob:

It's funny they can't put it against a real car. Instead they make a video of them running a tank on wheels that has the same power and RWD:rolleyes:... BTW when did Ford put the STI logo on the back of the focus:D

This is interesting;):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5zXyPqMj3U

dougatl12
12-29-2007, 02:20 PM
what do u expect the mustang is heavy ass hell i pretty sure if u do a really good weight reduction and modify the brakes it would be ok :goodjob:

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 02:48 PM
This was like putting a cheetah vs. a lion to race, the lion is just to fat to be as quick as the cheetah.

Nice video.

AnthonyF
12-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Its not a SHELBY Cobra. So..why are you excited? Thats just a pos ford mustang GT. lol. less than 300 hp at 3800lbs. what a stupid ****ing comparison.

if i remember correctly my ****ty v6 beat UR sti....everytime. hahaha repped

AnthonyF
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
~moved to the correction section too....dumbass~

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Where do u get SHELBY from? Thats just a pos ford mustang GT. lol. less than 300 hp at 3800lbs. what a stupid ****ing comparison.

if i remember correctly my ****ty v6 beat UR sti....everytime. hahaha reppedWatch the video, again. Pay close attention to the time, from 1:25-1:28. It clearly says, Shelby GT.

AnthonyF
12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Watch the video, again. Pay close attention to the time, from 1:25-1:28. It clearly says, Shelby GT.
ITS NOT A COBRA!! there is a difference. it's a frigin body kit....THATS IT

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 06:29 PM
OMG that STI butt rapped a Mustang GT... Congradu****ulations :goodjob: Don't get butt hurt about it.

It's funny they can't put it against a real car. Instead they make a video of them running a tank on wheels that has the same power and RWD:rolleyes:... BTW when did Ford put the STI logo on the back of the focus:DI think what they were doing, is comparing the prices between both, they are both under 40k. All they were saying is to not waste your money on a rustang and to go with the STi.

This is interesting;):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5zXyPqMj3UIt's not interesting at all. It doesn't prove that a Mustang could hang with an STi, it shows that a nismo edition 350z can.

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
ITS NOT A COBRA!! there is a difference. it's a frigin body kit....THATS ITYeah I know, but you said "where does it say, shelby?" So I just wanted to show you.

AnthonyF
12-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah I know, but you said "where does it say, shelby?" So I just wanted to show you.

i hate u \. lolol. i didnt finish watching the video. just a pathetic comparison. apples to oranges.

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 06:34 PM
i hate u \. lolol. i didnt finish watching the video. just a pathetic comparison. apples to oranges.Apples to oranges? Lol more like a dollar bill to a hundred dollar bill.

SicStang03
12-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Don't get butt hurt about it.

Well I am :cry:

I think what they were doing, is comparing the prices between both, they are both under 40k.

Pretty sure the Nismo Z is under 40K too:goodjob:... I would take that over a fucus with STI badges:yes:

All they were saying is to not waste your money on a rustang GT and to go with the STi.

Corected you...

It's not interesting at all. It doesn't prove that a Mustang could hang with an STi, it shows that a nismo edition 350z can.

Wrong, it shows that the Focus can't hang with the Z

You can't say "Mustang" because there are like a BRAZILIAN different models...

SicStang03
12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Wrong, it shows that the STI can't hang with the Z

Ooops.. fixed it

and yes that SHELBY GT is just a body kit with the regular V8

Maniac1
12-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Nice try, but you failed to prove a point. LOL but I see what you mean, in a way. lol Just missing with you.

AnthonyF
12-29-2007, 06:46 PM
^^^^ i told u im not a complete dumbass. lolol.

they had one a nopi. i was like FUK a cobra...walked over to it... LOLOLOL its STOCK. haha.

BUGMAN
12-30-2007, 03:50 PM
ITS NOT A COBRA!! there is a difference. it's a frigin body kit....THATS IT

Yeah they even say 319 hp which was a dead give away if someone didn't already notice the wheels, grill, stripes, etc...

AnthonyF
12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah they even say 319 hp which was a dead give away if someone didn't already notice the wheels, grill, stripes, etc...

:smileowne :goodjob:

Master Shake
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
i bet subaru paid for the shooting of this video to get people to get one of their cars. lolz

IMWEZL
12-30-2007, 09:09 PM

LOL! Bobbing for apples.

FoolsDrifFWD
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
So really your a dumbass if you buy a stang. It only won 2 of 46 test WTF!!!!!! That is lame as hell.:lmfao:

BUGMAN
12-30-2007, 09:53 PM
lol the STi completely kicked its ass...44/46 catagories. The fact that the Shelby only won 1/24th of things tested is so pathetic

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/PopUpVideoPlayer/videoID=20190448/

That was not a Shelby Cobra and the Gt in the video with the CS/Shelby package (extra plastic) was not built for cornering performance to begin with so yeah what an awesome comparison. Woo Hoo

The Civic ain't that ugly. I couldn't figure out if it reminded me of a Ford Aspire on steroids, a badass Corrola or a Mazda3 customized with all the extra bulges. The front fenders are just stupid looking. I really like the last few years and was planning on getting one soon but it will be a used one and not one of the Fugly azz new ones out now.

i own a ugly car .......

Not IMO Sir... I think your car looks badazz!!! The new ones however look like chit!

i bet subaru paid for the shooting of this video to get people to get one of their cars. lolz

Isn't that how it always works? I have dealt with the media several times in the past and it is amazing how things are worked around and how misleading news/articles can be.

Sad but true.

So really your a dumbass if you buy a stang. It only won 2 of 46 test WTF!!!!!! That is lame as hell.

How old are you? It all depends on what you buy the car for and what you like. So you drive a what? It doesn't matter what you drive it will not suit everyone elses needs but that won't make you a dumbazz will it? Or will it?

Buying a car to fit your needs doesn't make anyone a dumbazz. I love the past few year models of the WRX and will probably have one very soon but the new ones are about as Ugly as I have seen with al the extra bulging out like it is some exotic rice. And they compared it to a stock Mustang Gt that cost 26k with some extra plastic which is called the CS/Shelby package to make it over 30k to be close in comparison in price. What a joke. Anyone with any education in the auto industry regardless of which car they prefer can tell that the price comparison was a setup from the get go.

That is the most pathetic comparison I have ever seen to be honest.

just a pathetic comparison. apples to oranges.

Worse comparison I have ever seen... They took a 25-26k Mustang added the CS plastic and wheel package to boost it over 30k. I would bet money that Suby paid for that testing...

I would like to see it compared to a real Shelby Gt that has a 41k sticker. :)

I couldn't afford to lose that much on the older ones resale value... They plummit to hell very quickly. No offense but they fall about as bad as the Neons in the resale department.

Subaru : Impreza WRX 2002 99,704 11 $8,600.00

Subaru : Impreza WE FINANCE!! 2003 73,672 Buy It Now or Best Offer $13,388.00

Subaru : Impreza WRX 2004 24,249 -
Buy It Now $14,500.00
$16,900.00

And the 2004 were were 27k new??? Holy chit! Is it true that the 2006 WRX cost in the 35-37k range with the Evo? So how much is the 2008 going to be? Probably close to the Shelby Cobra instead of the Gt since you can get a 2008 Mustang Gt for 26k still with power options? It isn't an argument over ignorance but yet preference so there is never going to be a winner to any opinionated argument anyway. It will go on forever since there is no right or wrong involved. However the fact remains for pricing and comparisons they did a really sad job.

Here is something I found... Base price starts @ 35K?

Detailed 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Information (http://research.newcars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?section=summary&crpPage=summary.jsp&makeid=45&modelid=408&myid=29484&year=2008&aff=newcars)
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Base w/VDC 4dr All-wheel Drive Hatchback (http://www.newcars.com/form.php?model_id=1920&year=2008&pkg=200002513) $34,995
305-hp, 2.5-liter H-4 6-speed manual w/OD

GSRtegŪ
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Mustang and STI come on.

AnthonyF
12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
Mustang and STI come on.

Common ass EG with generic ass blades with common ass paint... come on.

DUBSf22c
12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
but it was a price range comparison ...

DUBSf22c
12-31-2007, 04:58 PM

hahaha funny

DUBSf22c
12-31-2007, 04:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TRYMY4.0 again.

DUBSf22c
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
That was not a Shelby Cobra and the Gt in the video with the CS/Shelby package (extra plastic) was not built for cornering performance to begin with so yeah what an awesome comparison. Woo Hoo

yes i knew that ofcourse....
this was a price comparison test...

the resale value of our cars are really good actually.. and 06wrx didnt cost 27k i had a couple friends walk out the door with load ones for 23-25k..
STi's that wont happen. 32-35K for one.. anyyear brand new. Look at any evo resale vs. wrx/sti resale and its a riot the difference..

DUBSf22c
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Pretty sure the Nismo Z is under 40K too:goodjob:... I would take that over a fucus with STI badges:yes:

Wrong, it shows that the Focus can't hang with the Z

yeh starting at 38,150.. PRETTY MUCH 40 OVER...
BUT THIS SOO CALLED ****US IS HAWT

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2222/1626873138_a76c9c56db.jpg?v=0

BUGMAN
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
yLook at any evo resale vs. wrx/sti resale and its a riot the difference..

Yeah no doubt but I think I would take a new Evo over the new WRX.

AnthonyF
12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah no doubt but I think I would take a new Evo over the new WRX.

x2

juanito
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
love stis

AnthonyF
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
^what a waste of a post.

Thundercat
01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
the sti just ownd that mustang

AnthonyF
01-03-2008, 08:02 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TRYMY4.0 again.

i dont want ur fukin reps. pm'd :2up:

DUBSf22c
01-03-2008, 08:25 AM
i dont want ur fukin reps. pm'd :2up:

wow grow up? :screwy:How old are ya now bro? replied! :goodjob:

AnthonyF
01-03-2008, 08:51 AM
wow grow up? :screwy:How old are ya now bro? replied! :goodjob:

I guess when ur an idiot putting ":goodjob:" is funny? lol. just as pathetic as transaxle when replying to kayfunk. :lmfao:

NosVette
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys obviously know these comparissons are bull because they said the viper would kill the c6 z06 vette in every category and look it up in any vid put C6 Z06 vs. Viper SRT-10 and the vette always woops the vipers azz...so I dont belive crap what they say because I dont see the viper dominating the le mans since they should because these articles say that it handles better....:blah:

Maniac1
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
You guys obviously know these comparissons are bull because they said the viper would kill the c6 z06 vette in every category and look it up in any vid put C6 Z06 vs. Viper SRT-10 and the vette always woops the vipers azz...so I dont belive crap what they say because I dont see the viper dominating the le mans since they should because these articles say that it handles better....:blah:You have to take into consideration that the people driving these cars, are professionals. So the results are usually 100% true. In the street, it all comes down to the driver. This video actually is true, the STi would walk circles around a GT all day.

AnthonyF
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
You guys obviously know these comparissons are bull because they said the viper would kill the c6 z06 vette in every category and look it up in any vid put C6 Z06 vs. Viper SRT-10 and the vette always woops the vipers azz...so I dont belive crap what they say because I dont see the viper dominating the le mans since they should because these articles say that it handles better....:blah:

hahaha do some research jackass

Team Oreca DOMINATED the LeMans until The GM team BėTCHED about the vipers being TOO FAST for the. The Viper was running the factory producted 8.0L while the Vette was running...what again? Not what came in it from the factory. The viper was heavier and less aerodynamic.

Now, any Viper team that attends LeMans is private owned and they dont have the funds like team GM.

Viper > belly button vette

NosVette
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
hahaha do some research jackass

Team Oreca DOMINATED the LeMans until The GM team BėTCHED about the vipers being TOO FAST for the. The Viper was running the factory producted 8.0L while the Vette was running...what again? Not what came in it from the factory. The viper was heavier and less aerodynamic.

Now, any Viper team that attends LeMans is private owned and they dont have the funds like team GM.

Viper > belly button vette

:umno:I think some one else is the one who should do your research again because maybe back then the vette didnt use the stock 346 ci motor but as of today it uses the same 427 ci that the z06 comeswith.If you dont know dont speak with all due respect that was all bull what you just said because teams cannot complain about other cars being too fast what do you think this is pinks or sumthing they have rules on what the cars hp should be at,wheight, and track times to make it all fair.So even though one car is a tad bit quicker it doesnt matter because the difference isnt crap its all up too the driver and the handling of the vehicle.:rolleyes:

NosVette
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
You have to take into consideration that the people driving these cars, are professionals. So the results are usually 100% true. In the street, it all comes down to the driver. This video actually is true, the STi would walk circles around a GT all day.

well either these guys dont like vettes or they dont know what they are doing because they also said the gt 500 is a c6 z06 killer and as many of you guys have seen the stock z06 walks circles around the gt 500 so as for the viper and gt 500 in all the street racing vidz not tracks because its all up to the driver but as for rolls were the driver really doesnt count the z06 killz them both look it up and youll see what im talking about...

AnthonyF
01-04-2008, 10:22 PM
so..your saying Dodge DIDNT have to add weight and put huge restrictor plates on their car? lol. I know the facts mr belly button.

BUGMAN
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
well either these guys dont like vettes or they dont know what they are doing because they also said the gt 500 is a c6 z06 killer and as many of you guys have seen the stock z06 walks circles around the gt 500 so as for the viper and gt 500 in all the street racing vidz not tracks because its all up to the driver but as for rolls were the driver really doesnt count the z06 killz them both look it up and youll see what im talking about...
\
I like anything that stops me from walking...

I know for a fact that the new Shelby's ain't gonna take a vette. I have seen a brand new vette with the air box cut out run several very low 12's before dipping in and pulling out a 11.94 and he is no where near being a professional driver. Now the Gt 500's that I have seen at the track didn't have professional driver either but I have yet to see a stock one come anywhere close to a 11 second pass.

Hell the stock Gt's like in that video are in the 13's so anyone with any care to go fast don't have a STI or GT anyway. Who the hell cares about slow cars that cost 25k (Mustang) or 40k (STI) anyway? Yeah that Mustang may cost 35k but only because of the additional plastic. You can get one with the same exact engine for 25k that weighs less.

This is a pathetic comparison and obviously it was paid for by the vehicle vendors that were praised just like all the rest of them.

Leadfoot_mf
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM

blowjobs from an ugly chick but hey its still a blow job right?

stupid comparison. i dont think anyone would be choosing between these two.

Leadfoot_mf
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
OMG that STI butt rapped a Mustang GT... Congradu****ulations :goodjob:

It's funny they can't put it against a real car. Instead they make a video of them running a tank on wheels that has the same power and RWD:rolleyes:... BTW when did Ford put the STI logo on the back of the focus:D

This is interesting;):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5zXyPqMj3U
did you read the comments from the video those guys are retards. lol

Leadfoot_mf
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
:umno:I think some one else is the one who should do your research again because maybe back then the vette didnt use the stock 346 ci motor but as of today it uses the same 427 ci that the z06 comeswith.If you dont know dont speak with all due respect that was all bull what you just said because teams cannot complain about other cars being too fast what do you think this is pinks or sumthing they have rules on what the cars hp should be at,wheight, and track times to make it all fair.So even though one car is a tad bit quicker it doesnt matter because the difference isnt crap its all up too the driver and the handling of the vehicle.:rolleyes:
no you need to do some research about racing. the teams do complain to the stewards who change the rules to make it competitive because when one team dominates the other teams leave and who wants to watch 1 team race against no one. so the fans leave. no fans no money. so maybe you should check some facts.

SicStang03
01-05-2008, 01:58 AM
OK I AM GUNNA END THIS RIGHT NOW!!!

My car sold new under 40K and is almost 5 years old now and will still sell for mid 20's.. How about we compare the 03/04 Cobra to the STI?? Of course an STI is going to **** on a fat ass GT...

In the end the 03 cobra is the KING and can't be beat for the price!!!

~except for Z06s and Vipers (which I will have soon)~

NosVette
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
no you need to do some research about racing. the teams do complain to the stewards who change the rules to make it competitive because when one team dominates the other teams leave and who wants to watch 1 team race against no one. so the fans leave. no fans no money. so maybe you should check some facts.

Did you read the post I made thats what I said they have rules on how your car performs overall the others to make it all fair...

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I just sexed myself looking at your sig... I am looking at getting those wheels in black w/ a polished lip for my car soon

AnthonyF
01-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I just sexed myself looking at your sig... I am looking at getting those wheels in black w/ a polished lip for my car soonyea...thats not his car...look in the avatar...why would he have a different car and thename in the white vette's bumper...nothing adds up...should i lock this worthless thread?...

Master Shake
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
...should i lock this worthless thread?...no...dont lock it...its to interesting to watch people argue about how a fakeass mustang was compared to a sti and then say how subaru owned shelby.

if an actual shelby was compared to a sti.....it'd be a lot different. the stang probably would have had a lot more on the sti and possibly dominated.
btw....repped for knowing the facts.

AnthonyF
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
^ aight u gotta point. I'm just tired if BIASED people. I think the REAL Shelby Cobra would have done a lot better againist the STi. Would It have dominated? maybe. I dunno because there is no test. its still a STUPID comparison. an 4cyl AWD grocery getter vs solid axle 2wd 500hp dump truck of a car.

next it's going to be the: Smart car vs the Arial Atom.

Master Shake
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
^ aight u gotta point. I'm just tired if BIASED people. I think the REAL Shelby Cobra would have done a lot better againist the STi. Would It have dominated? maybe. I dunno because there is no test. its still a STUPID comparison. an 4cyl AWD grocery getter vs solid axle 2wd 500hp dump truck of a car.

next it's going to be the: Smart car vs the Arial Atom.lol. i think its funny cause some thing has a sticker people automatically assume thats what the car is.
line up a REAL shelby against the sti....and lets see what happens.

AnthonyF
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
exactly. Ive seen BMW's with the M decal...doesnt mean it actually is an M-series. lol. just a stupid comparison. thats prob why they picked that car b/c it said "Shelby" on it and they knew they could beat it.

Master Shake
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
i bet subaru paid for the shooting of this video to get people to get one of their cars. lolz:2cents:

SicStang03
01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
All I know is the new STI's look like ass...

AnthonyF
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
ok, thats enough. lol. :locked:x

AnthonyF
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
For anyone who cares for cliffs:

-Sti beats "Shelby"
-Shelby=plain ol GT
-stupid comparison