PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods N/A versus FULLY-BOLTED

BABY J
12-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Okay. I'm gonna get on a soap-box here:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152931&page=1&pp=20

THAT thread is the reason why. Look --- N/A is a term that is thrown around WAYYYYYYYY too f*ckin much here. There is a difference between being TRULY N/A and just having a fully bolted car. If I hear 1 more person w/ I/H/E say that they are N/A I'm gonna kick something.

In the FWD/import/4cyl game... N/A is more than that. In MY feeble mind, it's bumped compression - maybe an overbore, maybe both... a SERIOUS header and a serious CAM. And you HAVE to be a glutton for punishment from the boosted community and not mind being bashed b/c you spent double what they did and still get drug down the road. To the guys w/ I/H/E --- is your car naturally aspirated, sure. But if YOU are naturally aspirated w/ I/H/E --- what the hell was I when I had my InlinePro high compression block? What the hell was VTECKIDD when he had his high-11 sec capable build? THAT is f.ckin N/A builds (IMO). Can you push your block to the edge w/out going inside the block? Sure.... and you can build some sh.it that pulls nicely. But IMO that is a "fully-bolted" car... not a serious N/A build.

TRULY n/a cars (imports... specifically 4CYL) is a LIFESTYLE --- it's not just a f.uckin' header. You have to NOT mind rolling around in a tin can, or lookin at the lack of a back seat when you look at the back of the car. You LITERALLY have to not mind rolling around in a tin f.ckin' can. If you don't have the heart to do it RIGHT, good power at the MINIMUM weight achieveable, save your dime for a blower or turbo --- you'll be happier in the end. If the sight of metal where your door panels and other interior panels used to be make syou sick, then sorry - try again.

ALSO, in relation to the thread posted. You seem to have ZERO direction. Dollar for dollar, a N/A fat-kid eclipse (they ARE heavy) is not a candidate for the WHP that you want. Your exhaust purchase was something that would be needed either way --- and a header. After that though, screw the small s.hit and put a bottle on it --- u will be happier in the end. Otherwise, give Ripp Mods a call (stop whining about the kit, YOU chose your car --- you should be glad that some1 supports it, you can add your own finesse to the kit to make it better than it is when it comes outta the box), or choose a lighter chassis to build.

/rant

** discuss **

allmotorX
12-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Very well put imo, as said n/a is somthing you build well internal wise and if bolt-ons were the case every car that came off of a car lot would be n/a

KevinT707
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
So is my setup N/A? .. because I don't have big cams or an expensive header :)

all-mota
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM

baby n/a till spray lol

BABY J
12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
^^ He said it right. LOL.

Stop stirring the pot - LOL. U are a gas junky like me... ha ha.

KevinT707
12-28-2007, 05:34 PM
baby n/a till spray lol
:goodjob: :ninja:

So when I spray, is it like an angry baby unleashed from its crib?

BABY J
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah - but then he falls on the floor and realizes that he can't crawl.

all-mota
12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah - but then he falls on the floor and realizes that he can't crawl.

lol

baby chucky

2ndGen.Teg
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Good schoolin' in proper tuner dialect.

skillzilla
12-28-2007, 11:24 PM
This is retarded. N/A is the antithesis of Forced Induction, thats it. It does not imply mods, or bolt-ons, or a fully built motor. It means that air is not being forced into the motor with an external pump (turbo or supercharger). I hope to god you dont think N/A originated on IA, or in the import world at all for that matter...

Perhaps "All Motor" is the term you are looking for.

BABY J
12-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I already stated that - lol. And "all-motor" does not work either... b/c all-motor is basically interchangeable. Don't get too involved wit it... it's my own personal dillema... LOL. In my mind - the term "n/a" is INDEED the lack of forced induction... but it's also accepted amongst tuners to imply that there is some form of "build" beyond what is basically bolt-on. No where did I say it started on I/A, and nowhere did I say it started w/ imports. But you can bet your your ass no1 in the v8 community is running around saying that they have an N/A LS1.... while the term "bolt-on car" is referred too quite often... but hardly ever in the import community. It's just an interesting lingo the way the import community has evolved it.... that's all I am saying. I think there should be a definite dividing line... and there is not.

AlanŽ
12-29-2007, 01:38 AM

THAT thread is the reason why. Look --- N/A is a term that is thrown around WAYYYYYYYY too f*ckin much here. There is a difference between being TRULY N/A and just having a fully bolted car. If I hear 1 more person w/ I/H/E say that they are N/A I'm gonna kick something.

In the FWD/import/4cyl game... N/A is more than that. In MY feeble mind, it's bumped compression - maybe an overbore, maybe both... a SERIOUS header and a serious CAM. And you HAVE to be a glutton for punishment from the boosted community and not mind being bashed b/c you spent double what they did and still get drug down the road. To the guys w/ I/H/E --- is your car naturally aspirated, sure. But if YOU are naturally aspirated w/ I/H/E --- what the hell was I when I had my InlinePro high compression block? What the hell was VTECKIDD when he had his high-11 sec capable build? THAT is f.ckin N/A builds (IMO). Can you push your block to the edge w/out going inside the block? Sure.... and you can build some sh.it that pulls nicely. But IMO that is a "fully-bolted" car... not a serious N/A build.

TRULY n/a cars (imports... specifically 4CYL) is a LIFESTYLE --- it's not just a f.uckin' header. You have to NOT mind rolling around in a tin can, or lookin at the lack of a back seat when you look at the back of the car. You LITERALLY have to not mind rolling around in a tin f.ckin' can. If you don't have the heart to do it RIGHT, good power at the MINIMUM weight achieveable, save your dime for a blower or turbo --- you'll be happier in the end. If the sight of metal where your door panels and other interior panels used to be make syou sick, then sorry - try again.

ALSO, in relation to the thread posted. You seem to have ZERO direction. Dollar for dollar, a N/A fat-kid eclipse (they ARE heavy) is not a candidate for the WHP that you want. Your exhaust purchase was something that would be needed either way --- and a header. After that though, screw the small s.hit and put a bottle on it --- u will be happier in the end. Otherwise, give Ripp Mods a call (stop whining about the kit, YOU chose your car --- you should be glad that some1 supports it, you can add your own finesse to the kit to make it better than it is when it comes outta the box), or choose a lighter chassis to build.

/rant

** discuss **
Ok i will go ahead an answer the main premiss of this thread before I address your last statement. Yes I do agree that the term NA is used excessively but as someone else in here said i think your confusing your terms when you were reffereing to VTECKIDS build and your head build those are all motor builds and still essentially NA. Your build my build VTECKIDDS build are all NA does the term Fully bolted need to be used more? Yea probably. But will it? Highly doubtful.

As far as your statements regarding my thread, my car, and my build:

I have plenty of direction. Infact let me show it to you since you obviously missed it in the thread that started your rant

Re read OP
Intake
Exhaust
Header
AFC
Plugs
Wires
IM
TB

personally I'm not looking for 300whp out of this thing because if all goes well for me next year i will be buying a bigger better toy with more than that stock

even if I only get 215whp out of my plans I will be happy trust me my next car will get 10x the amount of money put into it than this is getting

but since this now my DD i'm going to shoot for 225whp if i get 215whp I will be happy but I'm not going to spend more than $2500 i may hit $3k but that will be my max. FI options for this car just suck

now hopefully after re reading the quoted parts of the thread you will see that i am not without direction. I may not know exactly in what order or who i will be buying from but I have a plan and I know what I'm looking for and I'll even state it again.

I'm looking to get 215-225whp out of this car without going FI. So that In a year or so when I buy my real hp build car :ninja: I will still have something halfway fun to drive while it is either broken or being worked on as this car is pretty reliable. To accheive this goal I will install:
Intake-Injen knock off
Exhaust-Greddy
Header-Probably Megan
AFC-Apexi V1. From Tank(birthday present :goodjob: )
Plugs-Nology
Wires-Nology
IM-From a Diamante
TB-From A Diamante
And either coilovers or a good shock and spring combo(forgot to put this in the other thread.)

Hopefully that was enough clarity for your feeble mind.

As far as the Ripp Mods things goes. You threw out their name during the course of that thread 3 TIMES reffering to the S.C. Kit TWICE. While I did not even bring them up. Did I whine? No. Did I discuss it after you brought it up TWICE? Yes.

And as far as me "picking this car". Wrong again :rolleyes: .I actually got this car after my mom kicked me out and took my tC. And since my dad works in VA 4 days a week and I'm at school he gave me his car since the government gives him a car everywhere he is.

Next time you decide to mount an attack on me get your mind right pimp or at least your facts straight :goodjob: .

-Alan

Tank
12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturally-aspirated_engine

basically this sums it up, BabyJ you my boy and Allen you know you family man.

But this thread is stupid come on Na is what it is NA.................Yes there is a distinct difference between fully Na and bolt ons but its still Na. No need for personal bashes read the link i posted understand the definition have a lovely new years.

BABY J
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Boooooooooooooooo - party pooper. I could spend 6 minutes picking his post apart but why -- the Mitsu community already did that in a few of his threads here and on 3g forums... he doesn't need to hear it again from me. LOL. I've yet to respond to his post. Obv he got butt hurt and personalized the topic - Saul Goode. People will build what they want... they will spend their wheels on things despite advice from 100s of guys who have already been down the road where they are headed. To each his own. If some1 wants a 2 ton 200hp Mitsu -- then I will shut what they call "the f*ck up" and let 'em. ;)

Good luck w/ your build homey --- and keep us posted on those numbers.

allmotoronly
12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
N/A means Naturally Aspirated. In my opinion, when someone says they are going N/A, or are N/A, I understand it to mean that they dont have any forced induction power. I dont go as far as to think that by saying they are going N/A they are going with higher comp pistons or bigger cams. Some people think too much into the term.

AlanŽ
12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Boooooooooooooooo - party pooper. I could spend 6 minutes picking his post apart but why -- the Mitsu community already did that in a few of his threads here and on 3g forums... he doesn't need to hear it again from me. LOL. I've yet to respond to his post. Obv he got butt hurt and personalized the topic - Saul Goode. People will build what they want... they will spend their wheels on things despite advice from 100s of guys who have already been down the road where they are headed. To each his own. If some1 wants a 2 ton 200hp Mitsu -- then I will shut what they call "the f*ck up" and let 'em. ;)

Good luck w/ your build homey --- and keep us posted on those numbers.
I would love to see you pick apart my post. Please do. Also again as you were in your original post you are mistaken about my threads getting picked aparton the 3gforums. 3 of the 4 threads that i created were locked after 1 or 2 responses with the exception of the last thread that I made simply because the guy was an *******. Nobody has picked apart my plan. other than that one chick but if you actually looked at those stats that she posted, they were all missing one or two of the parts that i was adding so again. my goals are not impossible but hey you know everything right :rolleyes: . No I didn't get butt hurt but what I don't like is having my credibility smashed without knowing that someone is making the attack. As far as my 2 ton 200whp mitsu consider this since you obviously has not done any research. Chad's 350Z weights 3,320 lbs. his car with the pop charger dynod 231 whp here's the link Chad's Dyno Number Courtesy RPM Motorsports (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153427) which puts him at 14 lbs. per horse. Even with my car weighing two tons if i hit my mark i will only be 3lbs. behind chad. Not that big of a diffrenece. So yea like I said for the third time now. I'm not tyring to make this car fast just enjoyable so that when i get my new car hopefully next year I will have something half way fun to drive. :goodjob:

Thanks Man I will probably start a thread this week in the car pics section documenting what I do.

Good Thread.b

Vteckidd
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I hate to agree with some people in this thread

but your reading too much into it.

NA is just simply any setup without Forced Induction. So if you have a SOHC D series with an ebay intake, youre NATURALLY ASPIRATED=NA

RandomGuy
12-30-2007, 08:09 PM
lol dewd where are you getting this?

Haha so if I have a stock mustang GT, 100% bone stock, it isn't N/A? If its not naturally aspirated then its unnaturally aspirated (Forced induction) Even cowl induction is N/A.

N/A = lack of something forcing air into mixture.

AlanŽ
12-30-2007, 08:54 PM
^exactly

im kinda woundering whether or not this was more of a bash thread aimed at me or what but i really dont care

skillzilla
12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
^exactly

im kinda woundering whether or not this was more of a bash thread aimed at me or what but i really dont care

I dont think it was anything like that at all. Heres a clue...

/rant

** discuss **

odie22
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
hope i dont get bashed for this... i just got a b20 bore and built bottem end have the valves and springs and stage3 cams ill have to get more info on the motor form my friend. please dont bash me i new to the hole import thing. thanks for the imput, anything that can help me plese let me know thats!
-odie22

HiRide
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Forced Induction - When the induction is forced by a compressor (Turbo or SC only). Does not include nitrous because nitrous does not force any air.

Power Adder - Increases energy of combustion (adds power but did not force any air/induction) Nitrous is a Power Adder.

N/A - Naturally Aspirated - All this means is that the motor gets its air naturally by sucking it in. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU MOTOR IS FULLY BUILD FROM HEAD TO TOE WITH INTERNALS AND BOLT ONS. If the motor sucks the air in on its own, its N/A.

Note : A naturally aspirated car WITH nitrous IS STILL N/A. However it is referred to as N/A WITH A POWER ADDER. This means that the aspiration is still natural by sucking air into the motor, BUT IT HAS AN ADDITIONAL SOURCE OF POWER.

All Motor - These cars must be N/A. They CAN be fully built. They CANT have nitrous. See All Motor Class specs.

wunquikser
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
N/A is N/A..end of discussion!!

speedminded
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM

/rant

** discuss **nah, normally aspirated is normally aspirated but I would not consider it to be "all motor".

santacruz77
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM

/rant

** discuss **

i agree in a very strong way. and also disagree a bit. i dont think you should walk around and say your N/A or all motor unless it is what you said above. very light loud as f.uck and more than just bolt ons. but at the time i dont think anything bad if you ask turbo and they say no all motor or what ever saying it as in no turbo.

your rant has been a good one :goodjob:

Code-Aye
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
:goodjob: :ninja:

So when I spray, is it like an angry baby unleashed from its crib?

haha i would like to see that