PDA

View Full Version : Gas pedal no longer works??

tightflks
12-28-2007, 02:41 AM
i was cruisin about 60 mph and then pushed in the gas to about 100 and then let go of the gas to go around a turn and then pushed it in again, i want to say for a short second it accelerated but then it jus stopped.

car starts fine, i just cant give it any gas. the gas pedal seems loose, randomguy said its prolly the throttle cable

havent checked anything since its dark. also if anyone could tell me where the throttle cable is, if its something id have to reconnect, or replace or what to look for exactly

anyone got any other ideas just in case thats not it?

and its a 2000 integra gsr

1989_crx_si
12-28-2007, 03:59 AM
If your gas pedal has alot of PLAY than yes you'll probably need a new throttle cable. Just look down at the pedal and see if you'll a cable connecting to the upper pedal shaft. It might of just came off and all you have to do is put it back to the pedal shaft. If it's still there than go look at your throttle body and you should see if it's loose there or not. It might of came off there.

It looks something like this

http://z.about.com/d/autorepair/1/0/E/6/84818209.gif

TonyRSX
12-28-2007, 04:05 AM
If your gas pedal has alot of PLAY than yes you'll probably need a new throttle cable. Just look down at the pedal and see if you'll a cable connecting to the upper pedal shaft. It might of just came off and all you have to do is put it back to the pedal shaft. If it's still there than go look at your throttle body and you should see if it's loose there or not. It might of came off there.

It looks something like this

http://z.about.com/d/autorepair/1/0/E/6/84818209.gif

:stupid:

Mr. Clean
12-28-2007, 05:43 AM
if thats not it then it sounds like it could be the throttle position sensor which is on the the throttle body, but since it just all in a sudden quit working and wont work at all it kinda sounds like hard wires (i.e.-throttle cable) and if its broken..... sucks for joooo

SixSquared
12-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Probably jsut the cable popped out of its little cradle.. no big, 30 second fix. GSR motors are notorious for doing that if you have a stock intake mani because it's an awkward wraparound dealie.. my GSR swapped del Sol did it once a week, easy. I doubt you actually snapped the throttle cable.

Moral of the story - Quit driving like a jackass.

JDMirza
12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
if thats not it then it sounds like it could be the throttle position sensor which is on the the throttle body, but since it just all in a sudden quit working and wont work at all it kinda sounds like hard wires (i.e.-throttle cable) and if its broken..... sucks for joooo
He said his pedal was loose though, so how can it be a sensor ?

KREEP
12-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Throttle cable

Echonova
12-28-2007, 12:40 PM
You guys are all dumb. It's the throttle cable.

SleeperWRX
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/308/fc2717f8.jpg

EvasiveEF9
12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Make sure it's connected around the pulley at the throttle body, and make sure it's connected at the throttle cable stay. If that's all connected, check your pedal and make sure it's still connected there.

My guess is it came out of the throttle cable stay...which is located on the intake manifold where the two nuts are mounted to a piece of medal that is mounted to the IM...

KevinT707
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Pull the extra slack in the cable (like in the picture a few posts above) then tighten the the 2 nuts together but make sure not to pull the cable to much or you'll get a high idle from having the throttle body open slightly.

Do this with the motor running so you can tell .

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I KNOW I KNOW....its your throttle cable...its out of.....

I think he got it after the first couple of posts.

tightflks
12-30-2007, 03:03 PM
o yeah guys thanks, it was the throttle cable, it came loose out of the holder next to the intake, reps for all

RandomGuy
12-30-2007, 11:08 PM
lol so u didnt trust my word over the phone

n00b