PDA

View Full Version : Misc UFC 79

ueyedgr8tness
12-26-2007, 10:08 PM
WHo is going to watch it.and who would want to go to hooter's in lville to watch with me should be a some good fights.

Matt Hughes Vs. Georges St-Pierre

Chuck Liddell Vs. Wanderlei Silva
Lyoto Machida Vs. Rameau Sokoudjou
Rich Clementi Vs. Melvin Guillard
Soa Palelei Vs. Eddie Sanchez
Luis Cane Vs. James Irvin
Nate Mohr Vs. Manny Gamburyan
Roan Carneiro Vs. Tony DeSouza
Mark Bocek Vs. Doug Evans

ANyway this is a decent card with 2 main fights and some other fight i would like to see.

Date the 29th sat night:goodjob:

redpanda
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
holy ****, Liddell vs. Wanderlei is going to be awesome. imo Silva>Liddell.

ueyedgr8tness
12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
holy ****, Liddell vs. Wanderlei is going to be awesome. imo Silva>Liddell.

allday man i hope it ends like that:yes: and gsp>mh

ironchef
12-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Decent amount of hype behind the sokoudjou fight as well, hopefully all 3 fights are good. I wish hughes would get destroyed.

rednblack
12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Decent amount of hype behind the sokoudjou fight as well, hopefully all 3 fights are good. I wish hughes would get destroyed.

I couldn't agree with you more, I can't wait to see GSP beat Hughes' face in. repped

DieselNuts
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm planning on watching it somewhere. Prolly gonna be either lville or gwinnett place hooters.

OG-Skinny
12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I truly think Liddell has been playing puss in the last 2 fights. He's been wanting to fight Wanderli since Mid 06' but 2 times it has come to fight time, crap has happend. Now it's on. If you noticed he was in the media alot before the last two losses, now with this fight, he's camera shy.

It'll be close.. But i still go with all of ya'll. The "Axe Murderer" is an insane man.

ueyedgr8tness
12-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I hate matt hughes and i hope gsb whoops that a$$ cause mat is so cocky.Oh and does any 1 want to go to hooter's and which 1 u guy's want to go to?

redpanda
12-27-2007, 11:34 PM
I hate matt hughes and i hope gsb whoops that a$$ cause mat is so cocky.

agreed. as much as he is a good fighter, he has a big ego. GSP:goodjob:

ueyedgr8tness
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
SO which hooter's is every 1 going to?

TonyRSX
12-29-2007, 03:29 PM
gonna be some sick fights tonight man...great lineup goin into tonight...im rooting for GSP, Silva, Sok(finally machida gets tested), and Guillard...

ueyedgr8tness
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
gonna be some sick fights tonight man...great lineup goin into tonight...im rooting for GSP, Silva, Sok(finally machida gets tested), and Guillard...

u going? call me ima leave my bike at bucky's and ride with my boy.

TicketRedBB6
12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Ill be going to a friend's to watch it tonight. I cant wait to see the matt hughes fight. The liddell fight should be good too, but with those two it could easily be a quick knockout in the first few minutes.

ueyedgr8tness
12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I am going to the lville hooter's

Deke
12-29-2007, 04:27 PM
I think me and some friends are getting it. Should be some good fights.

killerdx
12-29-2007, 11:50 PM
"axe murderer" :thinking: looked lke sumone took an axe to him tonight. :lmfao: j/k he does have a rock hard head though, because he took sum shots

killerdx
12-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh and does anyone think that hughes is done?

thinkfast®
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Lidell lit that ass up

jew_boy
12-30-2007, 12:02 AM
i didnt get to see it who won the fights

TicketRedBB6
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Oh and does anyone think that hughes is done?

He'll fight again IMO. It was a horrible fight for him, but i think he'll have another chance. Just like Lidell lost two huge fights in a row and came back.

Deke
12-30-2007, 12:39 AM
With the exception of the heavy weight fight, it was all in all a great ppv.

ueyedgr8tness
12-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Fu** lidell but i am glad gsp won he did it doing what he likes to do best.

Oh and yes (MH) is done i think so he done got beat out the game he is not the best in that class no more there some new guy's that is going to take this shi* to a next level wait and see.

redpanda
12-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Silva and Liddell was disappointing..I was waiting for Silva to knock him out

blackDAHLIA
12-30-2007, 10:20 AM
if silva had 5 rounds he would have run. he is a better fighter when he is hurt.

GSP is the man.

ironchef
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
if silva had 5 rounds he would have run. he is a better fighter when he is hurt.

GSP is the man.Thats a dumbass excuse. Silva had every opportunity to win, those 2 or 3 times he knocked Chuck on the ground and didnt go after him? He just stood back and let Chuck get up, that was a dumb move. There was no clinch work, he didnt really try any takedowns. It was a very lackluster performance from Silva especially if you watched the Silva All Access and saw how hard he trained.

Jimmy B
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM

GSP is the man.

HA, silva looked like he was EXAUSTED after the 2nd round.. the third round all he did was survive.. that fight was ALL liddell!

and honestley, hughes was just to slow for st pierre! he got beat by youth and quickness.. GSP came ready to go, hughes was waiting to long and thought it would go all 5.

BIG props to matt hughes who really let his heart out after the fight and to George st pierre for taking the belt off and saying he wants to earn it the rigth way

TicketRedBB6
12-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah Silva was just waiting for that fight to end, no way he wouild've lasted 5 rounds. Yeah Lidell was pretty out of it too, but Silva was exhausted.

On_Her_Face
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Chuck ftmfw... i wish matt would of won, but that fag was the better fighter. if matt retires hopefully he will stay around the sport.

thinkfast®
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
yea good fights on there it was a good card

still dont know why Lidell didnt knock Silva out, he had a LOT of chances

personally I think he had money on his self to win by decision lol

Jimmy B
12-30-2007, 02:16 PM
still dont know why Lidell didnt knock Silva out, he had a LOT of chances

lol

i accually started feeling bad for silva in teh 3rd round.. lol.. he looked like he was FINISHED and could not wait for it to end

ueyedgr8tness
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Silva and Liddell was disappointing..I was waiting for Silva to knock him out

:yes:

killerdx
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Silva deffinately isnt what he used to be, he tried to stand and bang with chuck, and he just got out boxed. And **** what bout some of tha other fights? Anyone watch melvin guillard get choked out after he talked all that **** :lmfao:

ueyedgr8tness
12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Silva deffinately isnt what he used to be, he tried to stand and bang with chuck, and he just got out boxed. And **** what bout some of tha other fights? Anyone watch melvin guillard get choked out after he talked all that **** :lmfao:

I don't even like guillard but all i can say is if the fight would of stayed on its feet clementi would of got (KO)

TicketRedBB6
12-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't even like guillard but all i can say is if the fight would of stayed on its feet clementi would of got (KO)

Nah, Gullard swung many times and only landed a few. He was just throwing wild hooks. It was Clementi's fight one way or another.

ueyedgr8tness
12-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Nah, Gullard swung many times and only landed a few. He was just throwing wild hooks. It was Clementi's fight one way or another.

it only takes 1 of his hooks to (KO) u he has knoockout power but he just commits to those swings to much.I still thank hand to hand toe to toe gullard is a way heavier banger and those shots or very quick and powerful he just don't land them like he should:goodjob: