PDA

View Full Version : New EF guy just saying hey

Shadow102
12-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Well i was made aware of this section by a member over on honda tech but figured i would stop in and say hey. Picked up my 89 hatch not too long ago and have already started my build on it. I will be entering it in the grassroots motorsports $2008 challenge which is set to take place next sept/oct. If anybody is interested my build thread is setup here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2155298

and i guess it goes without saying i am looking for cheap parts right now...mostly a cheap si/ex trans and a flywheel clutch combo so i can get my z6 in and running

bigdare23
12-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the squad homie!

More info on the grassroots challenge stuff.

hellomynameiscarlos
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Well GL

Shadow102
12-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the squad homie!

More info on the grassroots challenge stuff.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/category/2007-challenge/

there is the link to it. The short of it is your have $2008 to buy and build a car to compete in a drag race, auto-x, and concourse competition

AnTi-PooN
12-26-2007, 10:39 PM
i'll sell you a 4spd std tranny if you're interested

matthewAPM
12-26-2007, 10:49 PM
welcome. ive seen ur car at RA and autox's before.

EvasiveEF9
12-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Welcome, Shadow. I'm JokerTypeR from HT. I'm the one that brought you over here. Glad you make it. :goodjob:

Our other big competition racer (in addition to Matthew) is gonna be StraightSix. I know he'll post in here once he sees your thread. He's from over in South Carolina, but comes over to visit us whenever he can. He mostly does NASA and Clemson Club Racing (if I recall correctly)

I was getting into SCCA racing, etc, but...as I've mentioned before, I've signed into the military, so I don't know how much more career I'll have with racing.

I've got an old d-series flywheel and clutch that were hardly used...you can still see the machine marks on the flywheel, even. If you're needing an autozone-special clutch and fresh flywheel, let me know, and I'll see if I can help out the cause.

EvasiveEF9
12-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh...yeah. Basic rules and guidelines of the EF Squad of Atlanta...

We talk alot of bullsh*t amongst ourselves, and constantly there some sort of competitiveness in the air online and in person. We try to hold at least four "meets" a year which aren't by any means required...we just have get togethers and hang out. Every now and then we partake in racist, sexist, and CRx vs. hatch battles...but never take anything we say seriously. Other than that, stay involved with us as much as you can, and keep an eye on the threads from time to time for other people's updates, needing help, or offering help, fun stuff and get togethers, and you'll fit right in. We're more of a family than a "club" or whatever you wanna call it...so we've pretty much become one of the biggest unorganized organizations of Import Atlanta, and we constantly have the EG, EJ, EK, all the other people of IA taking a look at how we do stuff...wishing they could be us, and sometimes coming out to partake in activities with us.

yeah...we're just baller like that.

Welcome aboard!

Shadow102
12-27-2007, 04:56 AM
i'll sell you a 4spd std tranny if you're interested

thanks but no thanks i have the 5speed out of my dx if i get desprate

Shadow102
12-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Oh...yeah. Basic rules and guidelines of the EF Squad of Atlanta...

We talk alot of bullsh*t amongst ourselves, and constantly there some sort of competitiveness in the air online and in person. We try to hold at least four "meets" a year which aren't by any means required...we just have get togethers and hang out. Every now and then we partake in racist, sexist, and CRx vs. hatch battles...but never take anything we say seriously. Other than that, stay involved with us as much as you can, and keep an eye on the threads from time to time for other people's updates, needing help, or offering help, fun stuff and get togethers, and you'll fit right in. We're more of a family than a "club" or whatever you wanna call it...so we've pretty much become one of the biggest unorganized organizations of Import Atlanta, and we constantly have the EG, EJ, EK, all the other people of IA taking a look at how we do stuff...wishing they could be us, and sometimes coming out to partake in activities with us.

Welcome aboard!

thanks for the heads up i should make it out to alot of meets this year. plan is to have the car running with the z6 by February have it chipped any running crome shortly after that then throw the t25 i have for it on and have the turb up and running by mid year sometime.

Grimm Reeper
12-27-2007, 06:57 AM
and we constantly have the EG, EJ, EK, all the other people of IA taking a look at how we do stuff...wishing they could be us, and sometimes coming out to partake in activities with us.

Welcome aboard!

Fawk that..... why would anyone want to be y'all :lmfao:

but seriously don't mind Ben, he's been put on a cheese shortage and he tends to get off beat now and then lol

Also I would like to take this time to :welcome: you to IA and to this ummmm [Ben I don't feel right call your squad a family] you know the founder couldn't....... I'm sorry could of but didn't want to show up to the Holiday Meet lol [:ninja: looks for Darryl] and then you got white on black hate crimes going on. Dysfunctional is more like it lol

and :welcome: from the EJ-EG Squad. I'm the only hospitable person they have lol :cry:

j/k

But I like mostly everyone in here, you guys are the Greatest:goodjob:

StraightSix
12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Welcome! Looks like your build is progressing well.

As Ben mentioned, I am into motorsports a bit. I'm Co-Chief of Timing and Scoring for NASA-SE and the current president of the Clemson Sports Car Club.

CSCC should be at the Challenge this year. We could be bringing three cars down; one is a first gen RX-7, the second a '88 CRX and the third is a second gen RX-7.

EvasiveEF9
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
JDM_EK4...I can track down where you sleep...

blaknoize
12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
I forgot about NASA. Do we have any events held around this area? Cuz i saw it on tv and them damn californian's have all the fun. I wanna race so bad....

And yes, welcome there are no :tool: 's here

EvasiveEF9
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Except for Jermaine...

NASA comes here. And Cali doesn't have everything we don't...just the stuff we don't want...

blaknoize
12-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Like fag's...

Check the whorelounge Ben

And I might know this guy. Do u room with Sport20/Danny or his friend Jeff??
Cuz that pic looks familiar.

Shadow102
12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Like fag's...

Check the whorelounge Ben

And I might know this guy. Do u room with Sport20/Danny or his friend Jeff??
Cuz that pic looks familiar.

thats me and come on out to some SCCA events this year

Grimm Reeper
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
JDM_EK4...I can track down where you sleep...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

:goodjob:

StraightSix
12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
NASA does events all over the southeast. We'll be at Road Atlanta in March and August. Check out http://nasaproracing.com and http://www.nasa-southeast.com for more information about NASA and what we do. I really like our HPDE program, but I don't have experience with any other HPDE type programs to compare it to.

Shadow102
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
well just a little update on this. I am doing away with the GRM project due to a scheduling conflict with petit le man and they are moving the compition westward next year. So i will be continuing onward with just my own build. The z6 should be in the car and running no later than march with the custom turbo setup and crome to follow shortly thereafter

EvasiveEF9
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Glad to hear you're not backing out of building it altogether.

Shadow102
01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear you're not backing out of building it altogether.

ohh not at all i still need something to take to auto-x so i dont beat on my DD. This just opens up better options for me in the long run

sakasaku
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
hello

Whiteboy™
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
sorry that I am so late to welcome you

Welcome

Shadow102
01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
thanks guys...whiteboy i pmed you about a possible pixel art for this car lmk thanks