PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: COLLEGE STUDENTS THANK THE DEMOCRATS

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:11 PM
For raising our taxes. Under new federal law just passed in congress people who are 18+ enrolled in college but also work a part time job will now be taxed the same rate as their parents. And since my Dad makes 150k+ a year that means I will get taxed 33%.Law Takes effect Jan 1.

:2up: CONGRESS

nreggie454
12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
That doesn't sound too awesome. Good thing I am looking for a part-time job LOL.

EDIT: Does this only apply to college students still claimed as dependents, or does it apply to all college students 18+?

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
^it really ****ing sucks

MistaCee
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
WOW

§treet_§peed
12-26-2007, 05:15 PM
thank God my family is poor....

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
That doesn't sound too awesome. Good thing I am looking for a part-time job LOL.

EDIT: Does this only apply to college students still claimed as dependents, or does it apply to all college students 18+?
students still claimed as dependents

§treet_§peed
12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
and this is why i will prolly never go to tech school... :(

§treet_§peed
12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
this ****ing country is falling apart... we need someone that will atually tell america what a bunch of **** ups they are..

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
yea exactly

apex
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
they're just trying to fund the enormous deficit created by the war.

Psycho
12-26-2007, 05:21 PM

RandomGuy
12-26-2007, 05:22 PM
retarded thread

thats like saying

Thank the republicans for putting our country in massive debt causing us to raise taxes.

bigdare23
12-26-2007, 05:26 PM
post link

R3RUN
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
What the hell kind of idea is that? Taxing poor college kids because their parents make money? You can tell what kind of families these guys were raised in. "Alright Johnny your mother and I are going to give you $800 a month to cover food while you're at school. Have fun."

Psycho
12-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM
post link
I saw it on the news and googled it but the only thing i found was from 6 months ago

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:30 PM
retarded thread

thats like saying

Thank the republicans for putting our country in massive debt causing us to raise taxes.
:rolleyes:

§treet_§peed
12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
its because the people that are running OUR country are becoming more and more greddy as they get older...

Psycho
12-26-2007, 05:35 PM

devinwebb907
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
are you ****ing serious? i need my dad to NOT claim me anymore, how the ****? wow...i dont live with him all he does is pay my insurance/cell phone.

im pretty pissed, im broke as it is.

R3RUN
12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
its because the people that are running OUR country are becoming more and more greddy as they get older...
OMG THEY ARE GETTING GREDDY! HOLY ****!

lol, jk jk, I know what you meant.

Psycho
12-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Alan®
12-26-2007, 05:44 PM
It's gotten ridiculous this year as far as taxes have gone. People don't understand a lot of things that are going on right now and you can thank the media for that. The media complains of large unemployment yet we are at the lowest unemployment rate ever? The media says that college graduate should consider weighting tables yet corporations are fighting with eachother over up coming graduates creating higher wages. I did some research the economy has increased 20x since the 80's yet our ecconomy sucks? :thinking: Sorry someone has to call bull****. Did ya'll know that corporations in the U.S. pay higher Corporate taxes than anywhere else in the world and yet in the first quarter of this year Exxon posted the highest grossing quarter for any company in any sector EVER and Hillary Clinton came back and said that they made TOO MUCH money and wanted to RAISE corporate taxes? Yet we live in a free market ecconomy :thinking:

ahmonrah
12-26-2007, 05:47 PM
its because the people that are running OUR country are becoming more and more greddy as they get older...holy shat!!!
http://www.turbo-kits.com/images/06_civic_greddy_turbo_kit.jpg

AnthonyF
12-26-2007, 06:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH LIRL @ Pyscho

political arguments fùcking stupid. I'm an elephant but there are pros and cons about each side. It will NEVER EVER be what we want even tho it's supposed to be about the people. fùck the government!

gtikid
12-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Ron Paul FTW :yes:

tony
12-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Can we get a link to this bill that passed? Just want to read the details and I cannot find anything

tatodotcom
12-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Can we get a link to this bill that passed? Just want to read the details and I cannot find anything

probably because it did not pass!

BB6dohcvtec
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
it probably didn't pass...and if it did it is to fund all them damn money bush wanted and got to fund the troops in Iraq. so say what you want, but how else do you think we are going to get the money Bush wanted to continue funding the war.

Lizbiz101
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Damn.....I make JUST enough to pay my rent and bills....if any more gets taken out of my checks I'm screwed lol. Hope that bill didn't pass. I don't understand......they got the money making machines....why can't they just make more money!!!! hahahahaha

1SICKLEX
12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
retarded thread

thats like saying

Basically....

Stormhammer
12-27-2007, 12:58 AM
just as an FYI about tehw hole media spiel, CNN at least is government ran - I have a friend who works there and he was in a holy **** mode when there was some incident and CNN had a report delivered from the White House itself dictating this is what had to be said.

GSRteg®
12-27-2007, 01:04 AM
33% you say damn :screwy:

Slow Motion
12-27-2007, 02:29 AM
44% said holy shat...

Psycho
12-27-2007, 02:38 AM

Psycho
12-27-2007, 03:30 AM

v-empire
12-27-2007, 11:25 AM
go re-read the tax laws......

hopefully by then you are done with college, and can reiterate your statements.

Alan®
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
it probably didn't pass...and if it did it is to fund all them damn money bush wanted and got to fund the troops in Iraq. so say what you want, but how else do you think we are going to get the money Bush wanted to continue funding the war.
no actually it was passed i'm still looking for the bloody link

§treet_§peed
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
o yeah they are also GETTIN V-TEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan®
12-27-2007, 11:55 AM
retarded thread

thats like saying

retarded statment

that would be like saying we are in massive debt protecting ourselves from people who would like nothing more than to come over and blow up the twin towers

oh wait but that would be true :thinking:

v-empire
12-27-2007, 11:59 AM
it was more political than a religious attack. dont be slinging judgment loosely, makes our country seem dumber.

KPowerEP3
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
it was more political than a religious attack. dont be slinging judgment loosely, makes our country seem dumber.

Impossible. The rest of the developed nations in this world already KNOW how stupid we are.

Alan®
12-27-2007, 12:13 PM

well look my statement is the fact of the matter. what were we supposed to do sit back and go hey its ok you came on our soil commited an atrocity resulting in the deaths of thousands of people but hey its ok we will forgive you this time just don't do it again? Come on man be real. And I'm tired of everyone saying that we were lied to by Bush about WMD's in Iraq if anybody had any idea about intellgence they would know that everyone at the time of the invasion was operating on the same intelligence reports and when I say everyone I mean everyone.

Glides
12-27-2007, 12:16 PM
For raising our taxes. Under new federal law just passed in congress people who are 18+ enrolled in college but also work a part time job will now be taxed the same rate as their parents. And since my Dad makes 150k+ a year that means I will get taxed 33%.Law Takes effect Jan 1.

:2up: CONGRESS

Jeez man, how do you think we are going to pay for all these wars without taxing the college students? I mean all government waste spending aside, we need money to further our oil wars man. Gas prices suck, we need to bomb some people and without your part time tax dollars, how do you suggest we accomplish that?

Glides
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
well look my statement is the fact of the matter. what were we supposed to do sit back and go hey its ok you came on our soil commited an atrocity resulting in the deaths of thousands of people but hey its ok we will forgive you this time just don't do it again? Come on man be real. And I'm tired of everyone saying that we were lied to by Bush about WMD's in Iraq if anybody had any idea about intellgence they would know that everyone at the time of the invasion was operating on the same intelligence reports and when I say everyone I mean everyone.

You are correct....but...they were WRONG intelligence reports. And who is the bigger fool, the fool who leads or the fool who follows?

Alan®
12-27-2007, 12:24 PM
^Good point but how were we to know? See what I'm saying?

Glides
12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
^Good point but how were we to know? See what I'm saying?

I see what you are saying.

Here, let me help you.

I just saw a Porsche 911 turbo for sale for $35.00. If you give me the money, i'll go get it for you. It's somewhere in Jonesboro. No need for you to double check any of this story, it's all true. Don't listen to your friends and allies, even the ones that come to my house and don't see a Porsche, just believe me.

You want to paypal it to me?

v-empire
12-27-2007, 01:21 PM

sorry, not knocking on you. i dont even know you but i just couldnt help but notice your whining about taxes and democrats whether u said it or someone else.... i just had too.

as for 9-11, i lost my job and 7 friends in the fall or the twin towers.
you have to know and understand why the attack. you have to put yourself in their shoes for one single day!

9-11 happens every day for some countries! so while you sit back and forget and forgive or throw a tantrum, and whine about foreingers.......

go out and find out for yourself whats going on instead of listening to CNN reporters and the AJC news, or your cousin telling you a story he read, or your dad complaining about taxes from his 150k salary.
or using religion as an excuse to get even, hunting down punjubs and nothern indians, who arent even in the same world as who ever you think you are hunting down during the attack.......
go and be a foreigner in another country because no body accepts you here or you cant even find food, or water.....

be a human being, be a smart one and an understanding one.

and while others retort with 'i dont give a phuk'.....

well, thats exactly what they are as a citizen and an individual.

carry on.....

The Ninja
12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I believe a majority of Rep. voted for this...and less Dems.....

The Ninja
12-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Here, let me help you.

I just saw a Porsche 911 turbo for sale for $35.00. If you give me the money, i'll go get it for you. It's somewhere in Jonesboro. No need for you to double check any of this story, it's all true. Don't listen to your friends and allies, even the ones that come to my house and don't see a Porsche, just believe me.

Whats your paypal? What color was the porsche? Do you accept check or money order?

BLK JDM
12-27-2007, 01:39 PM
sorry, not knocking on you. i dont even know you but i just couldnt help but notice your whining about taxes and democrats whether u said it or someone else.... i just had too.

you have to know and understand why the attack. you have to put yourself in their shoes for one single day!

9-11 happens every day for some countries! so while you sit back and forget and forgive or throw a tantrum, and whine about foreingers.......

go out and find out for yourself whats going on instead of listening to CNN reporters and the AJC news, or your cousin telling you a story he read, or your dad complaining about taxes from his 150k salary.
or using religion as an excuse to get even, hunting down punjubs and nothern indians, who arent even in the same world as who ever you think you are hunting down during the attack.......
go and be a foreigner in another country because no body accepts you here or you cant even find food, or water.....

carry on.....

Well said!! People really don't want to know the truth.

Alan®
12-27-2007, 03:50 PM

carry on.....
I'm going to address you one paragraph at a time as it helps me keep things straight.

1. You don't have to appologize it's the internet and america we are both entitled to our opinions
2. I'm very sorry to hear for your loss and you have my condolences. Hopefully you didn't take a big financial hit.
3. I do not just listen to my dad or cnn or AJC personally I live by taking everything with a grain of salt I try and stay away from large news organizations when forming an opinion..
4.The last part of your statement kind of confuses me as it's not strung together but I will say this. While I know that not everyone over there is not evil that still does not mean that we should not go out and seek and destroy those who desire to do just that to us. Believe me I do not see any justification for 9-11 religious or political. But if people in this country really want someone to blame for 9-11 happening look no further than your own backyard. That's right our own government let it happen(no not in the conspiracy sort of way)by not grabbing these guys on repeated occasions. the guys who actually hijacked the planes were in plain sight and listed in the yellow pages for god sakes

v-empire
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
from massachusetts? ^

happy bday.

The Ninja
12-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Bump for some more info on that porsche, really I'm in the market for a whip.

Alan®
12-27-2007, 04:10 PM
dad is i'm a military brat so i'm from all over

Alan®
12-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Here, let me help you.

Point proven but you and I know that when it comes to military intelligence things are a lil less obvious then the situation you gave.

Dennnissssss
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Damn.....I make JUST enough to pay my rent and bills....if any more gets taken out of my checks I'm screwed lol. Hope that bill didn't pass. I don't understand......they got the money making machines....why can't they just make more money!!!! hahahahaha

Alot of people say that, but they dont know nothing about inflation.

5spdfrk
12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Still no link?