PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ls turbo question!!!

dkjohnson04
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
i have a 1996 teg ls and i am trying to piece together a kit over the next few months to boost my car....it has 155,XXX miles so i dont want anything crazy just about 5-10 psi and somewhere around 200hp to start..on stock motor!
is this realistic??? my question is would an ebay intercooler/piping kit and possibly an ebay 6psi wastegate be acceptable for my application??? i want to buy a decent turbo and injectors and all but (garrett t3/t4 maybe?? rc inj.) is there anything i can get off ebay to save SOME cost????

i putting on the flame suit as we speak but post up if you have experience with any of this!!!!!!!!

thanks

SleeperWRX
12-26-2007, 12:11 AM
DSM Turbo FTW

JDMirza
12-26-2007, 12:25 AM
http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1349

Vuongy_Dong
12-26-2007, 01:57 AM
You can buy a cast log manifold on ebay for cheap these days. get an intercooler kit from ebay too. for turbo wise, get a name brand one new or good condition one. you can get used tial 35mm wastegate for cheap too. if you want, PM me and i can set you up with a price range. dont worry about milage. do a leak down test and it'll let you know if your motor is healthy enough for boost.

JDMJAYDC2
12-26-2007, 05:36 AM
lol do not get that ss autochrome crap lol

mr.koupe
12-26-2007, 08:07 AM
i had an ss autochrome manifold on my 300whp gsr and i boosted the wastegate right off of it one night under normal driving. their manifolds ftl. if you want a cheap reliable mani go cast. for 200whp there is nothing wrong with using dsm bluetop injectors, they work fine after you wire in a obd0 resistor box and you have room for improvement on them if you want to up the boost, these can ususally be had for less than $100.00. if u use these or any peek and hold injector there is a step by step how to on honda-tech. good luck ! im doing the same thing piecing a kit together for my 99 gs right now. im shooting more in the range of 260 to 300whp accept i will be adding some crower turbo cams / cam gears to the setup. gl !

JDMJAYDC2
12-26-2007, 01:10 PM
im very interested in your setup hatch22 as i will be going down that road soon after i regain some cash from

me----> :idb: <------my integra

dkjohnson04
12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
thanks for the input i have this manifold already......http://www.bloxracing.com/test/products/exhaust.html it says 38mm wastegate flange.. looks like it'll do the job just fine!! Voung i will def. be hittin you up for a leakdown, you did my valve adjustment..pretty sure you remember, the green 4dr teg??

EK Hotch
12-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I turbo'd my car and a couple of other friend's cars with ebay stuff...hell one turbo setup was a whole ebay kit. all of them were ebay(xs power) t3/t04e turbos except for mine and we haven't had any problems out of any of them. Two of the turbos were old and I rebuilt them and made good power(tuned by Scotty @ Mainstream:goodjob: ) All of them have cast manifolds and all but mine has a Tial 38mm knockoff. The only problems i had were blow off valve diaphragms tearing and downpipes not lining up. They are not the best...but I dont think they are that bad.

helcat17
12-26-2007, 06:03 PM
i have a ssautochrome mani. on a 200 whp ls with a garrett m11 turbo and ebay fmic kit and had absolutly no problems i did have the ss turbo t3/t04e damn thing went out in less than 3000 miles go figure but as far as piping not a bad fmic kit from ss for the price you guys can flame it if you like

T34me
12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
SSAC FTMFL!! Turbo blew up after 1 month.

mr.koupe
12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
im very interested in your setup hatch22 as i will be going down that road soon after i regain some cash from

me----> :idb: <------my integra

something happen to it man ?>> ? i'll post up a thread when i get everything together for the turbo kit, i will post an install thread with pics within the next few months im really not going to rush this im in no hurry to turbo my car due to the fact i just put a new engine in it a couple weeks ago. :goodjob:

Vuongy_Dong
12-26-2007, 09:29 PM
SSAC FTL. CAST manilfold on ebay are great and cheap these days. a cast manilold these days cost about alittle over $100 plus shipping. I've seen it. Ebay intercooler is good for what you are doing. piping is all the same, ebay or not. you can fit a tial 35mm wastegate on a 38mm flange. same bolt up pattern. ask anyone reputable on this site, EBAY intercooler kit, and a EBAY CAST manifold FTW if you're on a budget and for the boost level you want. Just make sure you get a name brand turbo used or new. t3/t4 57 or 60 trim.

b16ftw
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
hmmm i wouldn't run any more than six psi with stock inturnals. but yeah... ebay ftw!

Vuongy_Dong
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
LS can handle 7-8 psi easily TUNED. i easily ran 9 psi on stock internals LS tuned for awhile with no problems, untill i sold it.

-S Double C-
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
hmmm i wouldn't run any more than six psi with stock inturnals. but yeah... ebay ftw!

you can do 14lbs on a stock internal ls if you get some headstuds and a good tune with the supporting fuel mods.

JDMJAYDC2
12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
something happen to it man ?>> ? i'll post up a thread when i get everything together for the turbo kit, i will post an install thread with pics within the next few months im really not going to rush this im in no hurry to turbo my car due to the fact i just put a new engine in it a couple weeks ago. :goodjob:

naw nothing has happend to it just all the money i have spent lately with the engine swap and the front end im a bit strapped for cash but i do want to start my turbo build on the jdm ls i have soon though as it feels so much stronger than my usdm one

95droppedhatch
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't get the ssac I had the manifold and like the other guy the wastegate broke clean off I would get the cast iron log manifold of eBay I did and it was 109 shipped to my shop