PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER IDLE ISSUE please help

Mr. Clean
12-24-2007, 09:30 PM
alright. i really hope this is the last question.

after i drive for a while and get my car up to temp it wont idle. it idles fine when its cold and if it just sits and warms up then it still idles fine and goes to 6-700, but if i drive it for 10-15 minutes and then get to a stoplight or something it idles down to 100-150 and will cut off if i dont give it gas, and it wont idle at all. i have to keep my foot on the gas a little.

i still have my CEL on and i need to get it checked so if anyone can do it for me please do (i tried the home method of paper clipping a loop on the ECU check connector but it didnt do anything)

so what ideas you got? could the fuel filter have anything to do with it?

mushroon_toy messed with my idle screw and its good while it sits and he messed with the timing at the distributer and runs alright its just after its been on the road for a while when it does this crap idle stuff.

PLEASE HELP! and i'll leave you all alone haha

Kaiser
12-24-2007, 10:03 PM
It really sounds to me like either a fuel-delivery issue or an idle control issue. When the car is cold, there is a different idle speed the idle control holds the engine at, usually just 500rpm above normal idle. To me the numbers you're describing sound way low, like the idle control is set 500rpm too low. I don't know for certain, but that's an idea you can look into? You could also do a fuel pressure test, just find a pressure gauge you can attach to the fuel delivery lines and turn the key in the ignition to the on position without starting the car, should cause the fuel pump to run and you should be able to check the fuel pressure readings that way. I don't have an inkling of what proper fuel pressure is for you though, so you may have to look it up, or ask around.

I hope you get all these problems sorted soon, otherwise you're going to be flintstoning that del Sol.

NewGen33
12-24-2007, 10:05 PM
your not alone G/L

Mr. Clean
12-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I hope you get all these problems sorted soon, otherwise you're going to be flintstoning that del Sol.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

yeah this thing is really starting to piss me off. everytime i fix something, it seems like theres something else that needs fixing thats gonna cost me out the ass. i cant wait to get this thing running like a top so i can hit VTAC everywhere!!!!!! its so much fun to drive i just have to keep messing with the damn thing

Kaiser
12-24-2007, 10:22 PM
That's the way it is though, that's why you need love and passion to be into this. Cars can be bitches and break or not work for really odd reasons some time. I wish I knew a little more about your engine, the problem seems simple. I think the idle control should be higher, maybe 1100 when cold? Talk to some guys who run your engine stock maybe and see what it does for them, but I really think 1100 cold should be right, and 600 should be closer for a warm idle for a Honda engine...I know on the 1.8t it's 1200rpm "cool" startup that is first-start any temperature above 40 degrees F, and 800rpm warm regular idle.

Mr. Clean
12-24-2007, 10:25 PM
i really think its going to be a sensor somewhere and i have to replace the throttle body to replace the throttle position sensor (so f'ing ghey), and i really just need to get my CEL checked. i just have to find time to do that ish

TheChosenOne
12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Mine was doing the same thing...

I just adjusted the idle by turning the screw on the throttle body... that should help the car from dying out.

Kaiser
12-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Mine was doing the same thing...

I just adjusted the idle by turning the screw on the throttle body... that should help the car from dying out.

Seez that's what I was thinking.

Sol: It might be the TPS, do you know how to use a voltmeter to check the data the TPS is giving you? If not, look it up and borrow or buy a multimeter. That will answer your question about the TPS at least, and should be pretty easy to check yourself. I really think that your idle numbers are too low, I've been trying to look around online for honda idle numbers and they vary a bit but they all are higher than yours for cold idle.

preferredduck
12-25-2007, 02:46 PM
check your pm's, the answer is in your original post on what is wrong. i had the same problem in my si. the car used to die without the clutch pressed in, rolling, stopped. i think it stalled 36 times on sugarloaf one day in traffic.a few things need to be adjusted right. the guy who did your timing probably has it advanced way too far, and b/c of that he had to mess with the idle screw. when the other guy adjusted your timing did he jump the ecu(paperclip)?

madjdmyo
12-25-2007, 02:52 PM
you car is too much of rice.

preferredduck
12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
you car is too much of rice.

no wonder everybody has given you neg reps!!!! what do you drive?

Kaiser
12-25-2007, 05:14 PM
He drives a bannedwagon now, funny stuff.

Mr. Clean
12-25-2007, 06:58 PM
He drives a bannedwagon now, funny stuff.

haha yeah he didnt last long.