PDA

View Full Version : nvmysrt: Questionable Seller

R3RUN
12-23-2007, 01:16 PM
*******UPDATE********

nvmysrt and myself have resolved our issue. I would like to say that we were able to work something out that I believe is fair and square. This being said I want to leave a couple of reminders for anyone that may be buying anything any time soon.

1) Make sure to be very thorough with your inspection of something before buying.

2) Keep a cool head.

3) Ask lots of questions before buying.

4) Try to arrange some sort of agreement on any possible refunds if you have any reason to think it may be necessary.

Not all situations will turn out the way this did. Though it was a hassle for both parties involved, a larger hassle was avoided because those involved handled the process in a semi-professional manner.

In closing I would now consider nvmysrt a decent seller. I may not ever do buisness with him again but I don't think he is out to screw you.

Dracc
12-23-2007, 01:40 PM
damn man... sorry to hear that....

R3RUN
12-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I have continued to try and contact him today with no luck. Check out this thread to see what I am talking about, specifically starting at post #17:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=36366611#post36366611

Specsteve
12-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Man thats retarted, dude should man up and get in touch with you. Sorry to hear that

black95se
12-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats odd! i was the one that helped pull the motor. when we got the motor to my house, we cleaned it up. then we put a braker bar on the crank and it turned over a few times. after that we put it in my shed where it sat for a few months untill we put it in...

he is not trying to rip you off to our knowledge it was a good motor...

i vouch for NVMYSRT!

R3RUN
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
How easily did it turnover with the breaker bar? It shouldn't take that much force to turn the crank anyways. You also have to understand what it looks like to me when he has seemingly started ignoring me. Everything was pointing to him being reasonable up until that point.

black95se
12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
it turned over just fine. the car was sold as is, and the motor was pulled from a wrecked car that sat for a long time. and once we had the motor it sat for about 8 months. but it DID TURN OVER BEFORE WE PUT IT IN

SL33P3R
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
pm sent :)

quickdodgeŽ
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM
i vouch for NVMYSRT!

What is your vouch worth? Nothing here.

Rerun, I hope it works out for you. Hopefully that dumbass will pull his sack out of guts and let them dangle so he will know what it's like to be a man and own up. Later, QD.

black95se
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
what is anyones vouch on IA worth! NOTHING...

there is nothing to man upto it was sold AS IS. he was given the run down on the motor...

R3RUN
12-24-2007, 02:10 PM
pm sent :)
Replied.

Rerun, I hope it works out for you. Hopefully that dumbass will pull his sack out of guts and let them dangle so he will know what it's like to be a man and own up. Later, QD.
Thanks man.

there is nothing to man upto it was sold AS IS. he was given the run down on the motor...
"As is" also means "as described". He told me several different times there was nothing wrong with the motor and that it would work fine. It doesn't work fine, and there is obviously something wrong with it. It cannot be turned by hand and the starter won't turn it either. Also, if there is nothing wrong with it why isn't he in here or pm'ing me back. That seems a bit off to me.

silversol
12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
why are you positive the motors toast?? being that it was just "droped in" investigate why it wont turn over look for stuff like a bolt stuck in the flywheel. or a stuck starter. it might be something overlooked by both partys

R3RUN
12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
The motor is coming out soon and I'm putting in a new one. Once it's out I'm probably going to take it apart and see exactly what the problem is. Myself and a couple other people have come to the conclusion that it is probably a bent rod or a dropped valve.

silversol
12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
The motor is coming out soon and I'm putting in a new one. Once it's out I'm probably going to take it apart and see exactly what the problem is. Myself and a couple other people have come to the conclusion that it is probably a bent rod or a dropped valve.

thats cool i would try to pin point the problem before i went to all that trouble :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2007, 05:34 PM

There is a lot you need to learn little boy. If you were worth a shiit on here and anyone actually really knew you, you might have half a leg to stand on. But the fact that your little buddy has chosen to ignore this and not stand up for himself says a lot about character for him. Later, QD.

Grimm Reeper
12-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
JDM_EK4, nvmysrt, black95se, dazn

Apparently he's catching up on his reading :yes:

nvmysrt
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
There is a lot you need to learn little boy. If you were worth a shiit on here and anyone actually really knew you, you might have half a leg to stand on. But the fact that your little buddy has chosen to ignore this and not stand up for himself says a lot about character for him. Later, QD.

Character? QD...you don't know me. I would have expected more out of some of your age. As far as the engine is concerned...i personally witnessed the car running prior to the wreck...Black95se and myself turned the motor over numerous times after we pulled it and before we installed it. Dose that mean it dosn't have a problem now, no. I did not intentionally try to screw anyone over. Thats not me. I'm also not the type of person to argue with someone over the internet like a bunch of 15 year old girls. BJ had an issue.....he called me, and left a message...I called him back, and he told me of the issue....i told him to keep me updated...never got another call.... The next day he demands money back via pm's. He never called me back after that nor had tried. Its a used car....SOLD AS IS. Plain and simple. He got my view on a refund....but being the nice and sincere fellow that I am...I HAD considered working something out with him...until threaten with legal action...I don't take kindly to that...not many ppl do. I am very sorry that things didn't work out as planed...I've been there...hell anybody in this industry surely has. Basicly BJ hasn't given everybody the 'full' story....but thats up to him....i'm not going to sit here arguing over what he's or what i said. I've said my peace and he knows where i stand now.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I would have expected more out of some of your age.

We're not married or related so you don't need to expect anything from me. At any age.

As far as the engine is concerned...i personally witnessed the car running prior to the wreck..

It's not now.

Its a used car....SOLD AS IS. Plain and simple.

You're right on that point. BUT, it is also sold as described. It isn't as it was described. If it isn't working, you have a moral obligation to fix it. If not, you're a trick.

I am very sorry that things didn't work out as planed.

No you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be with this attitude.

. Basicly BJ hasn't given everybody the 'full' story....but thats up to him....i'm not going to sit here arguing over what he's or what i said. I've said my peace and he knows where i stand now.

Well if my character was being trashed here and I thought I was right, I'd certainly try to keep it intact. But since you're standing now, you might want to pull your dress down. Your slip is showing. Later, QD.

nvmysrt
12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
We're not married or related so you don't need to expect anything from me. At any age.

It's not now.

You're right on that point. BUT, it is also sold as described. It isn't as it was described. If it isn't working, you have a moral obligation to fix it. If not, you're a trick.

No you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be with this attitude.

Well if my character was being trashed here and I thought I was right, I'd certainly try to keep it intact. But since you're standing now, you might want to pull your dress down. Your slip is showing. Later, QD.

your post is the exact reason i don't get into pissing contests on the internet...there's no tone of voice...theres no expression to be seen. you obvisouly are the type of person who thrives on interent drama. you have shown that time and time again....btw the 'as described defense'....the car was described as a rolling chassis and did not run. nowhere did it say that the car had a sound engine or running engine in the description. After being installed I didn't think to occsionally turn the engine over to be sure it would 'lock up'. QD...there is not a beef between us....this is between Bj and I...I do however admire you concern for a fellow enthusiest and local forum member.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2007, 09:13 PM
your post is the exact reason i don't get into pissing contests on the internet...

Why? Because you don't like being slapped by the long arm of logic?

you obvisouly are the type of person who thrives on interent drama. you have shown that time and time again..

No. What I have "shown time and time again" is the fact that I hate stupidity and stupid people.

..btw the 'as described defense'....the car was described as a rolling chassis and did not run. nowhere did it say that the car had a sound engine or running engine in the description.

But is it true that you listed that it only needed a couple of parts to make it run? That's where YOU fucced up. You should never had included that line. You should have left it at AS IS and that you don't know the shape of the engine or if it runs.

QD...there is not a beef between us....this is between Bj and I...I do however admire you concern for a fellow enthusiest and local forum member.

I don't think there is beef between us either. I just don't like seeing someone get shafted. Later, QD.

R3RUN
12-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Character? QD...you don't know me. I would have expected more out of some of your age. As far as the engine is concerned...i personally witnessed the car running prior to the wreck...Black95se and myself turned the motor over numerous times after we pulled it and before we installed it. Dose that mean it dosn't have a problem now, no. I did not intentionally try to screw anyone over. Thats not me. I'm also not the type of person to argue with someone over the internet like a bunch of 15 year old girls. BJ had an issue.....he called me, and left a message...I called him back, and he told me of the issue....i told him to keep me updated...never got another call.... The next day he demands money back via pm's. He never called me back after that nor had tried. Its a used car....SOLD AS IS. Plain and simple. He got my view on a refund....but being the nice and sincere fellow that I am...I HAD considered working something out with him...until threaten with legal action...I don't take kindly to that...not many ppl do. I am very sorry that things didn't work out as planed...I've been there...hell anybody in this industry surely has. Basicly BJ hasn't given everybody the 'full' story....but thats up to him....i'm not going to sit here arguing over what he's or what i said. I've said my peace and he knows where i stand now.

My next statement is being made directly to you via pm.

Nismo
12-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Unfortunatly though there is no legal actions that can be made. If you have a bill of sale and he does that says the car was sold as is w/ no warantys expressed or implied there is no LEGAL action that can be done. Moral yes, legal no. When I sold my corolla the kid blew up the engine before he got home with it. Did I give him anything, yeah I told him not to worry about the 100 dollars he owed me. I only did that because I knew there was no way I was ever going to see the money, that and he was spinning tires out of my neighborhood and was generally beating the **** out of the car. For future reference assume if the person says the motor worked and it doesnt currently assume its not going to work.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Moral yes, legal no.

That's why I specifically said "moral obligation." Lolol. Later, QD.

nvmysrt
12-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Nismo I agree... QD I'm a man of my word bj has my offer... I'm not here to rip anyone off. What happens from here is up to him.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Nismo I agree... QD I'm a man of my word bj has my offer... I'm not here to rip anyone off. What happens from here is up to him.

Cool enough. Later, QD.

SicK SilViA
12-25-2007, 01:47 AM
craziness!!!i say nvmysrt it right but this is none of my business!!!

MachNU
12-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Unfortunatly though there is no legal actions that can be made. If you have a bill of sale and he does that says the car was sold as is w/ no warantys expressed or implied there is no LEGAL action that can be done. Moral yes, legal no. When I sold my corolla the kid blew up the engine before he got home with it. Did I give him anything, yeah I told him not to worry about the 100 dollars he owed me. I only did that because I knew there was no way I was ever going to see the money, that and he was spinning tires out of my neighborhood and was generally beating the **** out of the car. For future reference assume if the person says the motor worked and it doesnt currently assume its not going to work.

actually there can be small claims legal action. Like QD said, BECAUSE nvmysrt said that ALL it need to run was ****,******,******** then that is not really being sold as is. But seeing as how the motor is bad, and that it needs more than specified he can get him in small claims court. But only with a bill of sale!

other than that i was just following up the thread to see if the problem was resolved!

R3RUN
12-25-2007, 10:23 AM
We are currently in the stages of working this out. I will update my first post if and when we reach an agreement.

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2007, 03:31 PM
If it works out, big ups to both you. Later, QD.

nvmysrt
12-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I hope everything works out myself....

nvmysrt
12-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm here to make friends and connections, not cheat anyone.

MachNU
12-26-2007, 12:04 AM
well if this get works out let me now so i can close the thread for both partys!

Dr.G35
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM
if nvmysrt was going to cheat anyone he woould not have gone on here and try to defend himself he would have just gone mia. hope it works out

R3RUN
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I think we are close to getting this taken care of. Hopefully some updates soon.

nvmysrt
01-05-2008, 04:53 PM
this issue has basicly been taken care of...i'm not a crook!! ROFL!!! :goodjob:

R3RUN
01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
As soon as its final I'll be making some changes to this thread.

nvmysrt
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
the issue is officaly settled.

R3RUN
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Check my first post for final updates.

Tech5
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
x2
thats cool i would try to pin point the problem before i went to all that trouble :goodjob:

Kyle
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow is all I can say BJ. The reasoning skills and ass backward logic in this thread is ridiculous.

Are you serious? When you incorrectly describe something, you are liable. If he said I dont know if the motor will run, he has no liability, but when he assures you that it will run and it doesn't there is clearly a problem.

nvmysrt
01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Wow is all I can say BJ. The reasoning skills and ass backward logic in this thread is ridiculous.

Are you serious? When you incorrectly describe something, you are liable. If he said I dont know if the motor will run, he has no liability, but when he assures you that it will run and it doesn't there is clearly a problem.
good thing there was no assurance of it running. either way its taken care of...

Kyle
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
good thing there was no assurance of it running. either way its taken care of...
That's not what I heard. But I'm glad to hear you took care of it, some sellers wouldn't. So :goodjob:

black95se
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
this thread needs to be :locked: , its been taken care of no need to keep it going!

nvmysrt
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
That's not what I heard. But I'm glad to hear you took care of it, some sellers wouldn't. So :goodjob:
thats a typical response....gotta love perception. thanks for the thumbs up tho. your right not many ppl would have. i didn't really feel he deserved it, but hell i've been down that road. Like i've said time and time again i'm not here to piss ppl off. laterxzors

MongolPup
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
this thread needs to be :locked: , its been taken care of no need to keep it going!

It's still going because you and your friend are still posting in it. However, it should be locked and so it now is.

On a side note, I look at this with mixed feelings. A lot of ****t-y stuff happens on IA in terms of buying and selling cars, from stupid stuff like where to meet to major things such as blown motors, bad titles and undisclosed body damage. Unfortunately this car seems to have been involved in almost all of these problems, and it's latest transaction wasn't as smooth as all would have probably liked it to be.

However, the part of this deal that was refreshing to see (and is a break from the IA mold) is the part where the seller made an effort to set things right, despite the fact that he was not obligated to do so, and more importantly, despite the fact that he was threatened with questionable legal action. When we first met with mvmysrt, he seemed like a chill guy. No shaking or sweating, or stumbling on words that would betray the fact that he was passing off a car that wouldn't run to us for the price of a car that would. That either means he didn't know, or he is a master criminal. It is my humble opinion that it was the former; though maybe he should have thought about it more, considering how long the engine had been sitting, and it's overall appearance (and what happened when you opened the throttle plate). There were other inconsistencies with the car, some that were less noticeable than others (it involved crawling under the car) but he never lost the willingness to adjust the price or the like; he understood that would need to happen, and that is why I would not grade him as a bad seller, or a bad person.

I would tell anyone who reads this thread to take everything with a grain of salt, and to take some things at face value. You can certainly identify with each party: R3run, who in effect buys his dream car, only to find out that things aren't always as they seem. He was understandably angry about it, and was further incensed by what he saw as a purposeful lack of communication while he was trying to solve the issues. Nvmysrt occupies the opposite end of that deal: A guy who sells his car, and after making accommodations for the buyer (even going above and beyond on certain points) is in effect called a liar and a cheat for his trouble. To make matters worse, he is threatened with legal action for something that is gray area at best; having spoken to 3 law students (one from Columbia, two from the University of Virginia), I can say with confidence that it would not have been a cut and dry case like Judge Judy would like you to believe it is.

That may be why there was such a strong reaction to this thread from other members: there is empathy for both parties, since people know the pain of "being had" and people know what it's like to have a difficult buyer make trouble for you. The real world is a *****, and not knowing that isn't a defense. Either way though, we can all take something away from its resolution: just because something is legal doesn't mean it is morally right, and just because something looks like it was an attempt to rip you off doesn't mean that it was.