PDA

View Full Version : Bolt-on or boost??

madking411
12-22-2007, 12:28 AM
As im starting to pour more money into my car, im wondering whether or not i should keep going with my bolt-ons, I/H/E...or, if i should begin collecting parts so that i can boost my car?? As of now, i am somewhat satisfied with my car's power level, but at times, i would like to have MORE...i think you all know what im talking about....i want to explore and push the boundaries to see what all my car can do...

So, as i continue, should i begin the process of boosting the car or continue with bolt-ons?

*and NO this is NOT a stupid question....!!! (TRYMY4.0.....):2up: *

JDMirza
12-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Dude, I heard you have a gutted interior.

KPowerEP3
12-22-2007, 03:04 AM
As im starting to pour more money into my car, im wondering whether or not i should keep going with my bolt-ons, I/H/E...or, if i should begin collecting parts so that i can boost my car?? As of now, i am somewhat satisfied with my car's power level, but at times, i would like to have MORE...i think you all know what im talking about....i want to explore and push the boundaries to see what all my car can do...

So, as i continue, should i begin the process of boosting the car or continue with bolt-ons?

It really is a stupid question. If you want more power, boost is the way to go bar none. I mean, yes, you CAN make NA power, but it's more cost efficient and less labor/parts intensive to go boost.

RandomGuy
12-22-2007, 03:55 AM
i dont think this dude realizes that he has a sunfire after all of this time.

iloveboost
12-22-2007, 07:31 AM
i dont think this dude realizes that he has a sunfire after all of this time.
LOL!

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 08:24 AM
hahahahah MADKING is an IDIOT. lol. who pours money into a sunfire? what a lame ass. MADKING you can hate me all you want, but ive been here trying to help your whiney ass out. so untangle your panties and listen to my frigin words for once. Your how old? not 15, so why pour money into a sh*tty ass sunfire? when was the last time you heard some1 say "WOW. check out that sunfire?!" Never. When u actually mature and realize how much of an idiot your are for putting money into this car you'll come back apologizing. All of us at some time or another have wasted money on a car that isnt worth it. Trying to save you from that! so listen to me fagg☺t.

Tracy
12-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Bolt-on then boost. Obviously, make sure your bolt-ons will be relevant still when you boost.

Tracy
12-22-2007, 08:27 AM
PS we still have those Sunfire headers.

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 08:28 AM
^go back to sleep

Honngodda411
12-22-2007, 08:54 AM

omg....go buy a civic. if you boost a sunfire the front end will self destruct at 2 psi....see photo:lmfao:

seriously sunfire = pos:ninja:

http://www.car-accidents.com/2007-crash-pics/6-12-07-pontiac-sun.gif

madking411
12-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, thing is, i dont really care about if OTHER people wanna ''check out'' my car...Actually, i would almost prefer if people WERENT into checkin out my car, cuz sometimes I would think you'd get the vibes that they wanna try jackin your stuff...plus, i just care about how it drives....How much power i can make, and how much fun i can have while im on the road...Plus, if i have that car and pour a bunch of money into it, and actually make it FAST(?) well, nobody will ever in a million years expect it.

And, trymy4.0, im 15+2...17.:D

So basically, continue with bolt-ons, AND boost? My main confusion was about the exaust situation..Whether i should get a turbo manifold or if i should just get a regular header? Because, if im going to be collecting turbo parts, then it would be pointless to get a regular header.

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, thing is, i dont really care about if OTHER people wanna ''check out'' my car...Actually, i would almost prefer if people WERENT into checkin out my car, cuz sometimes I would think you'd get the vibes that they wanna try jackin your stuff...plus, i just care about how it drives....How much power i can make, and how much fun i can have while im on the road...Plus, if i have that car and pour a bunch of money into it, and actually make it FAST(?) well, nobody will ever in a million years expect it.
who steals a sunfire?

And, trymy4.0, im 15+2...17.:D

I said NOT 15...o wait..ur 17? lol. BAN. see yah.

So basically, continue with bolt-ons, AND boost? My main confusion was about the exaust situation..Whether i should get a turbo manifold or if i should just get a regular header? Because, if im going to be collecting turbo parts, then it would be pointless to get a regular header.

how can u continue with turbo AND bolt ons? you cant have a turbo with a regular exhaust manifold.

JDMirza
12-22-2007, 10:08 AM
who steals a sunfire?

I said NOT 15...o wait..ur 17? lol. BAN. see yah.

how can u continue with turbo AND bolt ons? you cant have a turbo with a regular exhaust manifold.
I don't think he still understands that though.

Get a honda for god's sakes! Be like everyone else. :taun: EVIL!

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 10:13 AM
^^ doesnt matter. he's gone now.

Tracy
12-22-2007, 10:24 AM
If you are going to get on a bandwagon, 240 is the way to go now a days...not Honda. Pfft.

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 10:25 AM
If you are going to get on a bandwagon, 240 is the way to go now a days...not Honda. Pfft.

LOL...he hoped on it.

xlilvi3tx
12-22-2007, 12:12 PM
why get bolt-ons if u going to go boost? u going to have to replace most of it later anyways.... lol i still say ditch the sunfire and get something better man but everyone got their opinion on things

Kaiser
12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Rule #1: Don't piss on the mods.

Rule #2: Don't tell mod you pissed on that you lied and are younger than the forums minimum age limit.

Rule #3: Don't be upset if you make idiot mistakes.

He'll be back though with a different name I bet. Not that it'll be hard to find him when he's back. I bet he's driving the sunfire because it's Mom's old car she gave to him and he doesn't own it so he can't get rid of it.

AnthonyF
12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
^^ reps for you...or should I check ur age too? lolol

iloveboost
12-22-2007, 09:20 PM
hahahahah MADKING is an IDIOT. lol. who pours money into a sunfire? what a lame ass. MADKING you can hate me all you want, but ive been here trying to help your whiney ass out. so untangle your panties and listen to my frigin words for once. Your how old? not 15, so why pour money into a sh*tty ass sunfire? when was the last time you heard some1 say "WOW. check out that sunfire?!" Never. When u actually mature and realize how much of an idiot your are for putting money into this car you'll come back apologizing. All of us at some time or another have wasted money on a car that isnt worth it. Trying to save you from that! so listen to me fagg☺t.

Like V6 Mustangs? LOL!! Sorry... had to do it. :D

AnthonyF
12-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Like V6 Mustangs? LOL!! Sorry... had to do it. :D

actually..yea. People have looked and nearly broken there neck starring at my car. I take that as a huge compliment b/c it IS just a plain 'ol v6. I've had people hold up signs through their windows saying "nice car". sorry for what? you think your putting me down by saying it's a v6? lol. try again next time and try to be more original.

Honngodda411
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
actually..yea. People have looked and nearly broken there neck starring at my car. I take that as a huge compliment b/c it IS just a plain 'ol v6. I've had people hold up signs through their windows saying "nice car". sorry for what? you think your putting me down by saying it's a v6? lol. try again next time and try to be more original.

let's run, then you'll know why he's making fun of the v6.....actuall we just make fun of stangs anyway, cause if you had a v8 youd still lose.:bump:
btw your car "looks" phat:yes:

Kaiser
12-23-2007, 06:42 PM
^^ reps for you...or should I check ur age too? lolol

You can check my ID while I buy you a drink, how's that sound?

To the guys making fun of 4.0's mustang: Seriously. Do you know what he has under his hood? No? Then I'd bet you'd be surprised. Besides, 4.0's 'stang isn't exactly stock.

And I find it hard to believe that even a boosted honda would be a new body style GT 'stang.

Honngodda411
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
You can check my ID while I buy you a drink, how's that sound?

To the guys making fun of 4.0's mustang: Seriously. Do you know what he has under his hood? No? Then I'd bet you'd be surprised. Besides, 4.0's 'stang isn't exactly stock.

And I find it hard to believe that even a boosted honda would be a new body style GT 'stang.

let's go:lmfao:

AnthonyF
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
^^hmmm ok. make a callout and i wont accept it...at least not for a few months. But if u wanna be on my list....you'll be on it.

Kaiser
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
let's go:lmfao:

Why're you quoting me and saying "let's go" lol? I don't drive a 'stang. I drive an '01 A4. I'm just telling you that your mouth is running when it shouldn't be.

4.0: Make sure you let everyone know when it goes down :yes: I don't wanna miss this super-honda.

Honngodda411
12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
^^hmmm ok. make a callout and i wont accept it...at least not for a few months. But if u wanna be on my list....you'll be on it.

yeah, i'm sure you have a long list of people waiting to race you....:lmfao:

loser
why don't you quit pussin out and run your sh:t?:eek:

[quote]4.0: Make sure you let everyone know when it goes down :yes: I don't wanna miss this super-honda.

Yeah....you don't:ninja:

Honda>ford:2up:

Honngodda411
12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Why're you quoting me and saying "let's go" lol? I don't drive a 'stang. I drive an '01 A4. I'm just telling you that your mouth is running when it shouldn't be.

4.0: Make sure you let everyone know when it goes down :yes: I don't wanna miss this super-honda.

oh yeah....bring your digi video camera:ninja:

quickdodge®
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
[left]hahahahah MADKING is an IDIOT.

Why is he an idiot or a ******? Because he has a Sunfire? That's ignorant shiit right there man. Since you got your "mod" position, you act like you're some kind of Master of the Domain on IA. Who the hail are you to call someone an idiot or fag because of what they drive? Because he doesn't have a "fast" Mustang or a drifting 240 or, God knows, a fuccing Civic? Did you ever stop to think that maybe the fact that he might not have ever heard someone say, "WOW. check out that sunfire?!" would be the reason he wants to keep it and make the best he can with it? That's awesome reasoning for me. Later, QD.

redrumracer
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM

that guy i keep on telling you to talk to everytime you make a thread like this is selling his "kit" for right around 1100 bucks i believe. maybe one day youll actually contact him

redrumracer
12-23-2007, 11:54 PM

when that sunfire was drifting in the parking deck

GSRteg®
12-23-2007, 11:58 PM
. Since you got your "mod" position, you act like you're some kind of Master of the Domain on IA. Later, QD.

But isnt that how most of the mods act when the power is given to them...

quickdodge®
12-24-2007, 12:02 AM
But isnt that how most of the mods act when the power is given to them...

Some yes. When I was a mod, I was the same way. But I was that way before I was a mod and I'm still this way afterwards.

Sorry. It didn't work. Later, QD.

Nippon-Rider
12-24-2007, 04:07 AM
WOW this thread is stupid......

I really see no reason to ban the poor kid, except for the fact that he's not 18 yet.

AnthonyF
12-24-2007, 09:08 AM
QD-i say he is an idiot b/c SO many thread i have helped him and gave him GOOD advice on what he should do. So have MANY others. But he does not listen. he makes multiple posts/threads on stupid questions that everyone has answered. If he doesnt want to use anyones info/advice then why keep posting? thats why i find him an idiot.

AnthonyF
12-24-2007, 09:11 AM
WOW this thread is stupid......

I really see no reason to ban the poor kid, except for the fact that he's not 18 yet.

nice alter ego...

quickdodge®
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
QD-i say he is an idiot b/c SO many thread i have helped him and gave him GOOD advice on what he should do. So have MANY others. But he does not listen. he makes multiple posts/threads on stupid questions that everyone has answered. If he doesnt want to use anyones info/advice then why keep posting? thats why i find him an idiot.

I realize all that. I have noticed that about him as well. But you specifically slammed him for having and wanting to modify a Saturn. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
12-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I realize all that. I have noticed that about him as well. But you specifically slammed him for having and wanting to modify a Saturn. Later, QD.

sunfire....even worse. B/c I have told him and others have too, not to put money into this car and mod his or gonna be his EF. thats a little wiser of a choice.

quickdodge®
12-24-2007, 09:42 AM
sunfire....even worse. B/c I have told him and others have too, not to put money into this car and mod his or gonna be his EF. thats a little wiser of a choice.

But like I said, who are you to tell him what to do or not to do with it? If I listened to shiity advice like that, I would never had fixed up and raced my Neon. I think it's great he wants to modify something that not everyone sees 1,000 times a day. If he wants to do both, let him. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM
But like I said, who are you to tell him what to do or not to do with it? If I listened to shiity advice like that, I would never had fixed up and raced my Neon. I think it's great he wants to modify something that not everyone sees 1,000 times a day. If he wants to do both, let him. Later, QD.

have u ever seen me tell some1 to NOT mod a neon? No. people make fun of neons and I always back up the Dodge family. So you cant bring that argument up b/c it NEVER happend.

quickdodge®
12-24-2007, 10:01 AM
have u ever seen me tell some1 to NOT mod a neon? No. people make fun of neons and I always back up the Dodge family. So you cant bring that argument up b/c it NEVER happend.

I never said anything about you or anyone in particular saying that. It was a general comment. Later, QD.