PDA

View Full Version : someone explain, what should at home moms be expected to do?

Schugg
12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
other then raise your kid/'s. or should that be it, no cleaning, dishes, laundry or any other daily tasks? cause all mine does is put dents on the couch, and watch tv 80% of the time, yeah she will clean rarely but not unless i push for her to do it while im WORKING. im tired of it seeming to be i work a real job and come home to the house being messy, clothes everywhere, and dishes stacking up. then im expected to clean it all up. i wake up at 6, she wakes up around 8 or 9 whenever the kid gets up, kid takes a nap at around 2-4 and sometimes she will take a break from the tv to take a nap then too. if not she will conveniently try to take one after 4 when i get home and the kid gets up...

just asking for those who are married with or without kids and your wife stays home. trying to get an idea if thats just how it is, or if someone trying to milk a cow to much.

whoever thinks she should be doing more.....REPS!

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2007, 03:54 PM
The less you expect, the more gets done. In most cases. I'm the type that doesn't expect to come home to dinner. I'm the type that doesn't expect to come home to a clean house. But I do come home to those things. Expectations on some levels can be detrimental and bring forth resentment thus you receiving the exact opposite of what you were expecting. Later, QD.

ZeDFuNk
12-21-2007, 03:54 PM
that ***** better have a hot meal ready for you when you get home. have the whole house **** and span. laundry done and folded in the proper places. kids taken care of and either sleeping or outside playing. I'd choke her if she didnt meet my every demand.

Jennzee
12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
She should do everything that needs to be done. She gets to sit at home all day while you work, she needs to get off her ass.

bigdare23
12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I believe in 50/50 and if you're taking care of the bills, providing food and shelter for you and your kids then your taking care of your half. I don't see why it's so hard for her to handle the house work when she free for majority of the day. (Unless your a slob and every time she did clean you mess it up)

Echonova
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
My wife does all the laundry, cleaning and cooks all the meals unless it involves cooking on the grill (then it's my job). I expect a hot meal when I walk in the door and our house to be clean for a guest to drop in at a moments notice. And she raises my 3 kids. Now don't get me wrong, there are days the house is a mess, life happens. However, not on a regular basis. I call when I leave work, so she knows when to cook dinner and it's ready when I walk in the door. Everybody has a job, their are no free rides. If my wife wanted to pay the bills we would switch roles and I'll put on the apron. However I should not have to come home to a house that I worked all day to pay for, to clean up a mess in it I did not make. Disconnect the cable.

ZeDFuNk
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
My wife does all the laundry, cleaning and cooks all the meals unless it involves cooking on the grill (then it's my job). I expect a hot meal when I walk in the door and our house to be clean for a guest to drop in at a moments notice. And she raises my 3 kids. Now don't get me wrong, there are days the house is a mess, life happens. However, not on a regular basis. I call when I leave work, so she knows when to cook dinner and it's ready when I walk in the door. Everybody has a job, their are no free rides. If my wife wanted to pay the bills we would switch roles and I'll put on the apron. However I should not have to come home to a house that I worked all day to pay for, to clean up a mess in it I did not make. Disconnect the cable.

+12345678987654321

Kdanzig
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Agreed, I'm a woman and I know for damn sure that if my man was the only one making money around the house then my ass better be cleaning, cooking and taking care of the kids. That's just me. Have you talked to her about it??

4dmin
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
tell that b!tch to get a J O B. if my wife was a stay at home mom she'd better have the house cleaned, my food cooked, massages when i've had a long day and ready for a shot in the mouth couple times a week :lickpuss:

bigdare23
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
tell that b!tch to get a J O B. if my wife was a stay at home mom she'd better have the house cleaned, my food cooked, massages when i've had a long day and ready for a shot in the mouth couple times a week :lickpuss:

{high fives}

Stormhammer
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Everybody has a job, their are no free rides. If my wife wanted to pay the bills we would switch roles and I'll put on the apron. However I should not have to come home to a house that I worked all day to pay for, to clean up a mess in it I did not make.

That's pretty well put. I also have to agree with QD too - both are valid points. I'm not married or anything, but I ideally would enjoy if my wife one day was a stay-at-home wife to at least clean somewhat ( instead of sitting around all day as in your situation apparently ) - marriage is 50/50

Does it mean that this will happen for me? No, but would I enjoy coming home to something that didn't look like a FEMA disaster zone? Yup.

Slow Motion
12-21-2007, 05:48 PM
That's pretty well put. I also have to agree with QD too - both are valid points. I'm not married or anything, but I ideally would enjoy if my wife one day was a stay-at-home wife to at least clean somewhat ( instead of sitting around all day as in your situation apparently ) - marriage is 50/50

Does it mean that this will happen for me? No, but would I enjoy coming home to something that didn't look like a FEMA disaster zone? Yup.

True.

Elbow
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Call her fat.

silversol
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
After reading your rant i can picture your wife!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/silversolb18/peggy.jpg

Turbo04
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Instead of asking for comments online, why not sit her down and talk with her about what your feeling? Tell her you think she should do more around the house since you work so much. If she's not willing to work out a solution so you both feel satisfied, then you have more problems then a net board is gonna help with. I work less then my wife, make more money, but I still clean the kitchen and cook her dinner when she gets home.

Schugg
12-21-2007, 10:31 PM
im not going to reply to everyone. quite a few replies, so ill try to just reply everything i remember seeing

- ive never expected much, no meals, no cleaning, nothing, and thats what i got, nothing!

- yes ive talked to her, it will work, for like half a day

- she isnt fat, dont know if i mentioned it before but she is pregnant. only about 13 weeks, she still got plenty of time for physical activity.

- she doesnt have a job but she does have an income from social services but that dont matter

- haha yes ive said stuff about disconnecting the cable and internet. i hardly ever watch tv anyway.

cant remember the rest, im going to bed.....

-

Schugg
12-21-2007, 10:35 PM
oh and i think i got everyone rep'd now, almost forgot

redrumracer
12-21-2007, 10:42 PM
if she is a stay at home mom/wife then yes i would expect the house to be cleaned and the laundry to be done. a meal would be nice every now and then but i like to cook so thats not a big deal.

Princess12
12-22-2007, 10:20 AM
My husband and I both work; however, when I get home I do what I can to make sure the house is clean and he is taken care of. When we have children, I will assume a great deal of responsibility as a mother. I was raised that way, and that is the role I plan on playing. Don't get me wrong, Rick helps me out tremendously; however, I take a great deal of pride in our home and I have no problem taking care of it.

If for some odd reason that I do take on the role of a "stay at home mom," I would definitely make it my job to insure the house was taken care of and the daily chores were accomplished to the best of my ability. Just my opinion though...

Tracy
12-22-2007, 10:33 AM
The less you expect, the more gets done. In most cases. I'm the type that doesn't expect to come home to dinner. I'm the type that doesn't expect to come home to a clean house. But I do come home to those things. Expectations on some levels can be detrimental and bring forth resentment thus you receiving the exact opposite of what you were expecting. Later, QD.

Dan is the same way. He doesn't care what I do all day (I don't have kids but I also don't "work"). He does, however, come home to a clean house and a cooked dinner....then I go party :) since I don't have kids.

I think that's just the way I am. I come from trailer park and am the oldest of 10 so I had to take care of a lot my whole life. Once I grew up and got on my own I had to work so hard. I used to work from 10 or 11am til 4am, 5 or 6 days a week (waiting tables and that ain't no walk in the park). I did that for like 12 years. I used to pray for an easier life and promised that if it did ever get easier I would keep my house clean...LOL. So that's what I do.

I think that a housewife is expected to do whatever the married couple agree on :) It's a partnership and negotiations are sometimes in order. No one is a mind reader.

Leisa
12-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I would imagine that she would "want" to keep the house clean and the dinner cooked since you are the one who brings home the money...

You will always come to my house and it will be clean... and I will always be happy to cook you something to eat!

Tracy
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I would imagine that she would "want" to keep the house clean and the dinner cooked since you are the one who brings home the money...

You will always come to my house and it will be clean... and I will always be happy to cook you something to eat!Be over in 20. Over easy and sausage, please.
:bannana:

Wurm
12-22-2007, 10:59 AM
tell her to get the **** up or move out

Glides
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
After reading your rant i can picture your wife!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/silversolb18/peggy.jpg

I do Peg Bundy so that's not a great comparison.

As for what stay at home moms should be doing. I agree with Esc and QD. It's not that hard to keep the house tidy, you can do that while watching Oprah. It's not hard to whip something up while you are watching TV as well. Now the time when the kid is down for a nap, that should be her time. You can't expect someone to get much personal time while the kid is rampaging so that should be her time to unwind and relax. After that, it's kid time again and she can get the other stuff done at that time as well.

My friends wife runs an in home daycare, kids everywhere. She still manages to do the laundry, keep the house picked up and have dinner at least started by the time he get's home. Wonder Woman for sure, but that's with a full load of daycare kids too.

If your woman isn't pulling her weight (no pun intended) you need to sit her down and let her know. If that doesn't work, hide the snack cakes and lock out 2,5,11, lifetime, WE and the Hallmark channel and call it a day.

BiH1320
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
LEAVE THE *****

Schugg
12-22-2007, 11:42 AM
i dont know what the fuk to do, this sh1t gets old. she is a ass when i expect her to do something, its not cause she is pregnant, its always like that when i ask her to keep the house clean or something. shes always talking about wanting to get a fukn house but that sure the fuk will not happen after seeing how this apartment gets. its pathetic, hopefully we will get in a fight and ill just leave this forum open on the computer so she can see plenty of people agree. then after she gets done b1tching about me talking to her to random people "tell everyone out business", maybe she will get the damn point. i quit smoking so it would be easier for her to quit, and she isnt fuking quitting or even trying.

BiH1320
12-22-2007, 11:53 AM
DUDE SOUNDS LIKE U GOT A REAL ***** ON UR HAND'S.
WHO JUST WANTS TO JUST ****ING SLEEP AND EAT ALL DAY
IF THE ***** WANTS A DAMN HOUSE. TELL HER SHE CAN GO GET A JOB.
I'D DUMP THE ***** MAN.

Wurm
12-22-2007, 11:59 AM
make her sleep on the floor

Schugg
12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
cant just dump someone your married too, and when she is pregnant. ide rather just deal with it before i left her for it. as for her wanting to deal with getting b1tched at all the time, she would probably just leave before she got over herself and realized she is married and a at home mom and needs to act like it

Tracy
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Cigarettes and pregnancy do not mix.

Schugg
12-22-2007, 02:13 PM
yeah, she smart enough to know that but dumb enough to apparently not care.

slow_hatch
12-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Cigarettes and pregnancy do not mix.

+1 I'd make that sh!t STOP now!! Its your child too. Sounds like you need to use your pimp hand ;)

Sack Attack
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Tom....Amber got you on LOCK *****. Hahaha

Tom quit being so goddamn nice. I'd knock her ass out if I was you.

SampaGuy
12-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I will never put up with **** like that...

Schugg
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Tom....Amber got you on LOCK *****. Hahaha

Tom quit being so goddamn nice. I'd knock her ass out if I was you.

haha shoooooot boy! she dont got me on lock, she tries to have me on lock when she expects me to do stuff im not going to. what the hell you been doing lately?

Glides
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM

She is pregnant with your kid right? Just asking cause if my wife was pregnant and continued to smoke, some slaps about the head and shoulder area would be in order.

That's your kid too and i'd be damned to hell if i'd let my wife smoke while pregnant. I'd document all that **** and when the vessel of your child popped it out, i'd divorce her and take both of them from her. She don't deserve em.

rednblack
12-22-2007, 05:10 PM

My wife is exactly like yours, good times.

Vayda
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
If your wife is pregnant and continues to smoke despite the risk to the baby you've got a bigger problem than the cleaning. Divorce her and take the kid. She's a self-centered ***** who doesn't care about anyone but herself, even her own child? She must be good in bed or i can't imagine why you'd marry her in the first place.

Leisa
12-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Well someone evidently has to be the adult in this relationship and advise her that if she is pregnant with your child, there are some do's and dont's that need to be followed... smoking should not be tolerated...

Schugg
12-22-2007, 08:35 PM
i said she has til the last day of this month to quit, she finally agreed. i would say now, but i know how quitting sucks and since i got to cheat with chantix and not deal with all the normal quitting side effects, just the chantix side effects ill give her a few days.

Sack Attack
12-22-2007, 08:44 PM
haha shoooooot boy! she dont got me on lock, she tries to have me on lock when she expects me to do stuff im not going to. what the hell you been doing lately?

Just working, I got a nice 93 SI prelude needs an engine. You wanna buy?

Schugg
12-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Just working, I got a nice 93 SI prelude needs an engine. You wanna buy?

no, haha trying to stay away from prudes. this kid was selling one here and i talked him down to 500 and was about to buy it. he said it had over heating problems with idle problem and hasnt been driven in a year. next thing i know its sold. ran into the guy who bought it, and it was over heating because of the coolant cap, and bad coolants cap can cause the idle problem it was having. haha i was pissed, clean body and interior and the previous owner was a dumbass, and thought it had motor problems. would have been nice if i got it.