PDA

View Full Version : Your Fav Christmas Cartoon--- Decoded

Kelly
12-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Article on MSN's frontpage...

Your new guy says he can’t get through the holidays without watching A Christmas Story at least three times (he even has the leg lamp). Or it’s your new lady friend who sings all the tunes from Santa Claus Is Coming to Town in the shower. We asked pop culture mavens Alexis Bondoc, columnist for IntrepidMedia.com, and Ian Williams, an author/director/filmmaker, how a person’s all-time fave Christmas show reveals his or her dating M.O. Read on for some intriguing insights!

A Charlie Brown Christmas
Alexis: The fella who never misses this show is probably a classic guy who already knows how to dress and laugh. Slip him a CD by Vince Guaraldi (who did the jazzy numbers on the show) as a gift.
Ian: If your girl loves this show, deep down, she may want to don a black turtleneck and get existential—this show has a message. But she always has time to dance (who can resist that music!) and maybe she can make clouds of dirt like Pigpen.

A Christmas Story
Alexis: Aww... He’s got a wistful, nostalgic sense of humor and can probably remember every Christmas morning growing up. But, more importantly, there’s more than a slight chance that he didn’t get that one certain gift that every other kid on his block got — the Radio Flyer wagon or the super-cool robot set — and can still remember that deprivation NOW. Will you be the one to indulge him now?
Ian: Your romantic partner is something of a happy medium: corny, yet cool. Not cool in a desperately hip way, but subversive enough to keep things interesting. She hasn’t forgotten what the wonders of childhood were like—and doesn’t want to.

Bad Santa
Alexis: If this is your guy’s favorite seasonal show, then hold your horses. This guy is the Anti-Santa who would probably be happy to make a bunch of gift deliveries with a bottle of Jack Daniels. His ideal vision of Christmas probably involves telling little kids they don’t need Barbies or that Mickey isn’t a real Mouse and that he lives next to a 7-Eleven instead of the North Pole. Run, run, run. Unless you’re happy spending your time with the embodiment of Life’s Little Destruction Book...
Ian: Most likely, your lady was waiting for a movie like this long before it came out. Finally, someone told a Christmas story without much of a moral... and with lots of cringing along the way. Not one for nostalgia, your girl probably wants to order Chinese food rather than prepare a feast. If you are equally dark in your outlook, well, merry, merry!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Alexis: You don’t have to worry about this guy at all. He’s offbeat, sure, but he’s got a good heart. He probably loves celebrating Christmas with a delightfully creative and witty sense of humor instead of tradition. He’ll probably surprise you with completely novel ways of marking the holiday season.
Ian: The girl who loves this one is a sucker for ritual, and why not? We all know what happens to the Grinch, but the magic is in the retelling. The Whoville song is treacly and boring, but the Grinch’s theme, with jazz glissandos and rich baritone, make it a yearly must-see. But you must ask this woman: Does she identify with the Grinch... or the Grinch’s poor dog? That will give you some important clues!

It’s A Wonderful Life
Alexis: If your guy likes Frank Capra’s all-time classic, you can put good money on the fact that he’s as classically appealing as Jimmy Stewart—and probably as thoughtful, too. Thoughts count a lot with this kind of guy; make sure yours are up to snuff.
Ian: Like Crowded House sang, “Wherever there is comfort, there is pain,” and don’t your baby know it! She gets It’s a Wonderful Life as it was meant to be: not a sing-songy holiday card, but a deeply sad reflection on dreams deferred. She’s a deep-thinker… and probably a keeper.

Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Alexis: Any guy who picks this stop-animation classic is probably as unique as little Rudolph is. He probably celebrates Christmas — and lives his life — with a playful and creative streak. I mean, this is a guy who lives for the island of misfit toys and the Bumble! He’s probably quite a character.
Ian: Yikes. Easily the most anesthetized and goofy of the Xmas specials, Rudolph has the subtlety of a “Hang in There!” cat poster. Repetitious and cloying, it goes down like a bowl of red frosting. Your girl might be cute, but she’ll put antlers on your dog and giggle like she was the first to think of it. Consider yourself warned!

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Alexis: The guy who loves this one is manly enough to really get down with Christmas and the classics, especially if he’s a Fred Astaire fan. This guy truly loves the holiday. You will celebrate every possible tree-lighting, sidewalk chorus group, eggnog-pouring moment, and you will do it with a smile on your face.
Ian: If your baby’s favorite is this one, she’s probably a Goth chick. No other Santa origin myth is quite so dark. Sure, Fred Astaire narrates, but St. Nick as an unwanted orphan? Hunted like a criminal? We knew Santa’s psyche was complicated, but we didn’t know he needed therapy.

Now, we’re not saying you should take any of these interpretations as the gospel truth. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule. But you should learn a little about yourself. What’s more, adding these insights to other information could help you figure out if you and your sweetie have a future full of holly-jolly Christmases together—or if your holiday honey will leave you feeling like your heart got run over by a reindeer. Ho ho ho!

quickdodge®
12-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Huh? This doesn't make any sense. Later, QD.

Kelly
12-21-2007, 09:45 AM
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=9076&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6&GT1=10678

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 09:47 AM
:thinking:

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-21-2007, 09:50 AM
WTF?

Kelly
12-21-2007, 09:53 AM
:fruit:

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 09:55 AM
:fruit:say that about this thread.

Kelly
12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
NO

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/adrielportillo/smoke.jpg

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/Xlr8nMr2/Whoa2021.jpg

ZeDFuNk
12-21-2007, 10:12 AM
kelly. stop making threads. they always suck. realize.. there's a pattern

step 1:

you make thread.

step 2:

everyone calls you an idiot.

step3:

your thread fails.

just stop, save us all time, and yourself the embarrassment.

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:12 AM
AWWWW THAT WAS MEAN FUNK

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:21 AM
AWWWW THAT WAS MEAN FUNK

:( I don't has no fwiends and the Falcons suck...

*contemplates suicide*

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:24 AM
KELLY DON'T DO IT, WHO WOULD PHATBOISLIM LEG HUMP ONCE YOUR GONE?

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Oh wait, Look... I do has a fwiend!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/Chante0103/random.jpg

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:25 AM
PROBABLY WHAT_LAG

LIRL

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:25 AM
KELLY DON'T DO IT, WHO WOULD PHATBOISLIM LEG HUMP ONCE YOUR GONE?

:lmfao:

You're about 6 months behind... It's now Shawna and her sugar tits :D

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
:lmfao:

You're about 6 months behind... It's now Shawna and her sugar tits :D

I BET YOU FEEL ALL LOST AND LONELY INSIDE NOW THAT HE'S OUT OF YOUR LIFE.....

NOT.

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
JUST ANOTHER STUPID NAGGER OUT YOUR LIFE.....

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Like I have so many... :lmfao:

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
JUST ANOTHER STUPID NAGGER OUT YOUR LIFE.....you are still there, so she is ok.

ZeDFuNk
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh wait, Look... I do has a fwiend!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/Chante0103/random.jpg

malarky!!! i did not do that! photoshop ftl!

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
you are still there, so she is ok.

He's white though

EJ25RUN
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
casey does santa 4

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
malarky!!! i did not do that! photoshop ftl!

Lol, I don't even know how to photoshop. True story.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you too! :D

ZeDFuNk
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Lol, I don't even know how to photoshop. True story.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you too! :D

ahem.. *waits for green block* :look:

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 10:38 AM
He's white thoughin a blacks body.

BKgen®
12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
ok what the fuk those aren't even all cartoons.

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 10:45 AM
He's white though

i'm actually german, irsh, and part cuban

But i bang white chicks on the daily, they love my mr. pee pee

Kelly
12-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Hmmm

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
i'm actually german, irsh, and part cuban

But i bang white chicks on the daily, they love my mr. pee peeyou are trash, and not any of those three.

XLR8NMR2
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
E/A/D