PDA

View Full Version : I got a ticket this weekend!

speedracer41
08-01-2005, 06:21 AM
I was traveling down hwy 78 going to athens, when an officer of the GSP decided to cross the median and pull me over. After the normal how are you today's, he asks me to roll my window up about 6 inches. he slips a reader on my window and it registers 19%. He informs me that the law in the state of Ga is 35% on passenger cars. But officer, I had them tinted in February when the law was recalled. I even showed him my recepit(sp). He informs me that the law is retro active to cover all vehicles that were done during that time.

Should I even try and fight this, or just pay the fine?

kilpatty43
08-01-2005, 06:39 AM
just pay the fine bc you most likely wont win...its usually no more than 100 bucks

Salty12
08-01-2005, 06:46 AM
show them the reciept for the new legal tint and they usually throw it out.

Ruiner
08-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Yep, the law is retro-active no matter what you had done.

Hulud
08-01-2005, 07:30 AM
yea i still think that it is wrong to make it retro, or the state should pay to change it. because when i tinted my windows i didnt even know they were gonna reinstate the law.

silver
08-01-2005, 07:42 AM
That is so funny that I saw this thread... I got pulled over about two weeks ago and right before he left he wanted to check my tint... He didn't give me a ticket, but mine is 22%. The funny thing is I just ran into him at Starbucks this morning and he wants to take me to lunch.. so maybe I could ask him for you??? lol

Hulud
08-01-2005, 07:45 AM
lol nice

Xrated O.G.
08-01-2005, 07:54 AM
I was traveling down hwy 78 going to athens, when an officer of the GSP decided to cross the median and pull me over. After the normal how are you today's, he asks me to roll my window up about 6 inches. he slips a reader on my window and it registers 19%. He informs me that the law in the state of Ga is 35% on passenger cars. But officer, I had them tinted in February when the law was recalled. I even showed him my recepit(sp). He informs me that the law is retro active to cover all vehicles that were done during that time.

Should I even try and fight this, or just pay the fine?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DAMN RICERS....Oh yeah, Nice Wheels

Kristi
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
just pay the ticket. you have an illegal tint - no denying it so pay it

Julio
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Ive been trying to get mines removed ... Just havent stoped by carmax, they will raplace it with legal tint. carmax is closed on weekend wich is my easiest day to go.
But so far been lucky.

Leisa
08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
damn Julio, that car is big pimpin... :)

ruah_23
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
If u got pulled over by GSP, good luck winning the case out. Remember being ignorant of the new law change is not an excuse of breaking it. Change the tint, pay the fines and called it a day.:)

iNsTuN nOoDoH
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
There's normally a "tint trap" over there on pleasant hill. The cops are always waiting at the philips 66 right after the ramp. Just thought i'd let yall know.

rickgiblin
08-01-2005, 01:55 PM
That is so funny that I saw this thread... I got pulled over about two weeks ago and right before he left he wanted to check my tint... He didn't give me a ticket, but mine is 22%. The funny thing is I just ran into him at Starbucks this morning and he wants to take me to lunch.. so maybe I could ask him for you??? lol

dam thats not fair... women always get off easy, you will rarley ever see a female cop ask a guy to lunch or anythign like that... well good luck on lunch

silver
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
dam thats not fair... women always get off easy, you will rarley ever see a female cop ask a guy to lunch or anythign like that... well good luck on lunch

Thanks.. he has already called me and wants to go tomorrow... But I don't know cause cops are known to have a wife and 3 girlfriends usually... so, we'll see!! lol

Kristi
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
haha silver - that is great!

gotta love being a woman!

silver
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Im nervous to go.. but what the heck.. can always use a Cobb Co. hook up, lol

ruah_23
08-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks.. he has already called me and wants to go tomorrow... But I don't know cause cops are known to have a wife and 3 girlfriends usually... so, we'll see!! lol

Did he ask u while he was on uniform?

silver
08-01-2005, 02:59 PM
No.. when I ran into him ... why?? I was wondering if there was a rule when they pull you over....???

HiPSI
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM

homewrecker ;)

silver
08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I dont know if he does.. I meant we'll see when I go to lunch with him... I'll look for the shadow, lol

speedracer41
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DAMN RICERS....Oh yeah, Nice Wheels

This ones for you>:2up:
Yeah, the wheels would look good on the E-clips! - Not as good as they do on the rolla though. Answer your phone every once in a while dirt bag.

BufordŽ
08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I dont know if he does.. I meant we'll see when I go to lunch with him... I'll look for the shadow, lol

Hey..... Never turn down a free lunch. That's what I have to say about that.

BufordŽ
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Sucks about your window tint. When I was pulled over for it, I told ociffer that it was on the car when I bought it. So he gave me a warning and told me to get it removed. And if he sees me again with it like that, he'll give me a ticket.

BufordŽ
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Good thing I don't frequent the area. :rofl:

twkg
08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
so wait...were your front windows completely rolled down or were they up a little?

BufordŽ
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
so wait...were your front windows completely rolled down or were they up a little?

Hey man. I saw your silver Prelude at the MOG on Saturday.

twkg
08-01-2005, 09:26 PM
lol its in bad shape now