PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods idle problem

helcat17
12-20-2007, 01:01 PM
i have a 94 integra ls turbo befor i instaled the turbo it idled fine but now every once in a while it seems like mainly after i have been in boost it acts like it cant figure out where it needs to idle at like it goes from 1000 rpm's to like around 2500 rpm's allsoo on when if i hit boost in 5th gear it throws a check engine light and acts like it dosent want to let fuel go to the motor when you have the throtle below about 10% it does fine above that at higher rpm if i turn the car off it resets the comp and everything is fine if anyone has any ideas im all ears and sorry about the spelling

Jblizzard
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
sounds like a ecu/computer problem to me, but i don't know too much about **** when turbo'd

hope you get it figured it out.

helcat17
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
ecu was chipped and tuned at mainstreem this dosent mean that its perfect i think its going to be something simple that im just not seening

blackboi50
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
i have a 94 integra ls turbo befor i instaled the turbo it idled fine but now every once in a while it seems like mainly after i have been in boost it acts like it cant figure out where it needs to idle at like it goes from 1000 rpm's to like around 2500 rpm's allsoo on when if i hit boost in 5th gear it throws a check engine light and acts like it dosent want to let fuel go to the motor when you have the throtle below about 10% it does fine above that at higher rpm if i turn the car off it resets the comp and everything is fine if anyone has any ideas im all ears and sorry about the spelling

sounds like your computer.......if not are u runnin rich????? your O2 sensors might be facked!!!!.......1

Killer
12-20-2007, 04:53 PM
not sure on the engine light... idle may be due to the "FAST IDLE THERMO VALVE"... i had an ls non turbo that idled like that..

do a search on here for the fast idle thermo valve.. someone posted a write up about it and it fixed a lot of people that had idle problems.. problem... < lol.. anyways good luck

slow_hatch
12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
How much psi??

helcat17
12-20-2007, 09:55 PM
i only run 5.5 PSI not really trying to be a big dog just wanted a lil extra

and i have never heard of a "FAST IDLE THERMO VALVE" but i will look it up i was thinking maybe the IACV but im not sure

patrick4588
12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
im having the exact same problem. 1000-2500. if you solve it, please please pm me. im going nuts tryin to figure it out

helcat17
12-21-2007, 10:46 AM
patrick is yours complete yet i finally got mine back going yesterday need to go get it retuned

Honngodda411
12-21-2007, 04:14 PM
idling probably due to the IACV, take it off clean out the screen and re-install. otherwise you have a vacuum leak shouldn't be hard to find. engine light is the computer tune. probably running to lean on low throttle, just add a little fuel. it probably does not do it unless it is pretty cold outside right? mine was doing the same ****.

good luck

magneto198
12-25-2007, 08:10 PM
might be a sensor. IAC

helcat17
12-26-2007, 06:08 PM
idling probably due to the IACV, take it off clean out the screen and re-install. otherwise you have a vacuum leak shouldn't be hard to find. engine light is the computer tune. probably running to lean on low throttle, just add a little fuel. it probably does not do it unless it is pretty cold outside right? mine was doing the same ****.

good luck

yea i know its not runing lean at low throttle and as far as vacume leak im allmost positive its not that either im gona try and clean out the screen thisweekend hopefuly that will solve it if not i guess ill take it back to the dino for some diag. not realy wanting to do that though its too d@mn expensive