PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: People driving to Alpharetta from Gwinnett on Pleasant Hill

gtikid
12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
How bad of a drive is that?? I might have to start doing that pretty soon and I was just wondering how bad traffic was and how long it normally took for you to make that drive in the morning :no:

ironchef
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Dunno about in the morning but one time around 6pm I took pleasant hill to get from alpharetta to 85n, and it took like 30 minutes to get from the super walmart to the on ramp on 85.

Dracc
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
have fun with that son.. morning time around 8-10 once.. had to rent a uhaul to help my cousin move off johns creek.. never again son thats all i gotta say

gtikid
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Dunno about in the morning but one time around 6pm I took pleasant hill to get from alpharetta to 85n, and it took like 30 minutes to get from the super walmart to the on ramp on 85.

The super wal-mart in front of the park??

hydroshutter
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Are you talking about following P-Hill until it ends?

I take that to Duluth every morning.

Leadfoot_mf
12-19-2007, 07:58 PM
you are ****ed

Nittanys1
12-19-2007, 08:06 PM
just make sure to leave earlier then everyone else :D

Echonova
12-19-2007, 08:07 PM
How bad of a drive is that?? I might have to start doing that pretty soon and I was just wondering how bad traffic was and how long it normally took for you to make that drive in the morning :no:BWhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahah aha

Buy some Lazy-boy racing seats, you're gonna need them.

ironchef
12-19-2007, 08:19 PM
The super wal-mart in front of the park??Yep, it was so ****ing annoying.

Scrilla
12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I took me about fawking 45 minutes the other night...

85 to 400...

Never Again...

Around 6pm BTW...

2.3 Evo 8
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
That route blows.

ZeDFuNk
12-20-2007, 05:14 AM
i've made the opposite trip a couple times.. tons of lights.. traffic aint bad though.

Julio
12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
depends what time.....

I can make it in 25 minutes from Collins hill rd to Exit 14 of 400 (mcfarland)....

uproot
12-20-2007, 07:43 PM
the railroad tracks just past buford highway SUCK... hope your car isnt too low

ironchef
12-20-2007, 08:42 PM
depends what time.....

I can make it in 25 minutes from Collins hill rd to Exit 14 of 400 (mcfarland)....Mcfarland is exit 12, 14 is buford hwy or highway 20 whatever its called at that part of the road.

gtikid
12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
the railroad tracks just past buford highway SUCK... hope your car isnt too low

It is :no: Thanks for the precaution :goodjob:

SampaGuy
12-20-2007, 09:27 PM
yeah jimmy carter/holcomb bridge from 85 to 400 is complete hell during rush hour

Jaimecbr900
12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
It totally bites a big fat one during rush hours. I know for a fact.

My brother lives in Alpharetta around John's Creek area. I take Pleasant Hill to State Bridge over to his house. Last Friday, I had to drive over to get my nephew off the school bus for my brother. It took me FOREVER to get there and even longer to get back because it was around 4 p.m. It was awful. I hate that drive. I also drove it the other day and it was just as bad. There's a school right past Buford Hwy, and when it lets out.....forget it. Police let the buses out and you'll get the domino effect bottle neck back up. That school for some reason gets out kinda late too and that doesn't help rush hour traffic neither.

You also have the Duluth Police sub station right there by the hospital just before P'tree Ind. They run radar a lot near there because the speed limit drops.

BTW Julio, prices are good, but your girls needed to clean up the over flowing trash cans the other day when I stopped by your place.......same day I just mentioned above. ;)

Anyway, Pleasant Hill needs to be 6 lanes for as much traffic as goes thru there. It's crazy. It really is.

RandomGuy
12-21-2007, 01:36 AM
I used to work for cingular at North Point best buy,

it took me a good 35-45 minutes to get to North Point from my house in mild traffic- not rush hour (which was near US29 and Rockbridge) ... The traffic is MADDD erratic which is what I hate, some rush hours are relatively good, where others are TERRIBLE bumper to bumper. By rush hour I mean 6:30am to 9AM, lunch hours, and 4pm to 7pm. The thing that royally sucks is that when there's a stall or wreck, or its raining, that trip itself is easily a 1+hr trip. Couple that with the fact that almost every light is red when you get to it and it really angers you.

Once you get past shorty howell/super walmart, you move along significantly faster.... but then the lights get in your hair

I found that sometimes its even faster to go to the Jimmy Carter/holcomb bridge route,

R3RUN
12-21-2007, 02:37 AM
You also have the Duluth Police sub station right there by the hospital just before P'tree Ind. They run radar a lot near there because the speed limit drops.
Haha, Duluth cops radar all the time everywhere. Its ridiculous, I swear they know I'm going to do something wrong before I do.

Oh and the train tracks are hell. They were rough on me the other day and that was in a wrangler.