PDA

View Full Version : anyone go to georgia perimeter?

KPowerEP3
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I was just wondering, I'm sure someone on here does. I'm thinking about going there to finish up my core requirements and then transfer to a bigger school? Good/bad comments about the school?

Kaiser
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Went there for a year and a half before transferring, did exactly the same thing you did. When I went it was a hell of a pain to get anything done around there. If you can, try and buy your books online, and find somewhere that buys them back online, unless they have seriously changed, the bookstore only does buyback for a very short period of time at the end of each semester, and the lines were often 2-3 hours or more. :(

What I experienced was good teaching, decent class setup and scheduling, decent people to go to school with (Though it is a BIG range of people that go there) and it's a decent way to get into a different school. YMMV, as with anything else I say. :ninja:

MistaCee
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Thats where i am going to go and transfer to a bigger school

KPowerEP3
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Went there for a year and a half before transferring, did exactly the same thing you did. When I went it was a hell of a pain to get anything done around there. If you can, try and buy your books online, and find somewhere that buys them back online, unless they have seriously changed, the bookstore only does buyback for a very short period of time at the end of each semester, and the lines were often 2-3 hours or more. :(

What I experienced was good teaching, decent class setup and scheduling, decent people to go to school with (Though it is a BIG range of people that go there) and it's a decent way to get into a different school. YMMV, as with anything else I say. :ninja:

Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Reps for you. I want to hear what others have to say as well.

Kaiser
12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Every now and then I manage something comprehensible apparently. :) Glad I could help.

Kdanzig
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I hate that ****ing school. I went there for 2 years so that i could transfer to KSU (where I'm at now). My last semester there, this was spring 07, my HOPE didn't go through, I was not notified of it and they dropped all my classes in January, like 2 or 3 weeks after school started. I went through the entire semseter oblivous to the fact that I was technically not in any of the classes. I found out AFTER I took my finals. ****ing bastards

Kaiser
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I hate that ****ing school. I went there for 2 years so that i could transfer to KSU (where I'm at now). My last semester there, this was spring 07, my HOPE didn't go through, I was not notified of it and they dropped all my classes in January, like 2 or 3 weeks after school started. I went through the entire semseter oblivous to the fact that I was technically not in any of the classes. I found out AFTER I took my finals. ****ing bastards

This is kinda what I meant by a pain to get anything done. I had a similar situation with an online class where she "dropped" me for not attending. That's right, I wasn't "attending" her online class....I found out about a month before the end of the semester but had to petition the head of her department at the campus she taught at (Dekalb county) when I live in Cobb, and had to go ~in person~. I didn't mention it because it was kinda isolated, at least I thought. Administration at that school is...well. Inept I guess.

Hulud
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
the school is a f*cking joke

its HS all over again

Kdanzig
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah I offered to pay my tuition in cash right then and there, even extra fees and all that sh!t and they still wouldn't reinstate me. I would've gotten straight A's too...... ****ers

Hulud
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
how the hell do you fail out of gpc?