PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Nitrous Guys...

WhiteAccord
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_part_detail.cfm?vmakeid=001&vcid=94487&vmodelid=100&vcatyear=9999&vnopinum=083%2B0183&vTitle=Anti-Detonator

Anyone have any experience....

GGPIS3
12-18-2007, 04:01 PM
lol they misspelled detonation on their site... looks like it could just be octane booster marketed as a different product... i could be wrong.

best thing to do is run a wideband and have your fuel jet one step richer to be on the safe side.

WhiteAccord
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Fuel jet one step richer - Check
A wideband ehh.... What would it do?

BlkCD5
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
what kind of kit is it going to be? Also get some colder plugs if you haven't. As far as a wideband, it wouldn't hurt to accurately know how the car is running before you spray.

AnthonyF
12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
i'm using nitrous alone right now. in the near future i will be running nitrous and 15psi. :goodjob: Nitrous is perfectly safe if done correctly.~like anything else~

AllTheDude
12-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Seriously, nitrous is safe...(with correct plugs,window switch,WOT switch, premium gas) Get those items and your set without too many worries.

BlkCD5
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I heard nitrous is addictive though

WhiteAccord
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
what kind of kit is it going to be? Also get some colder plugs if you haven't. As far as a wideband, it wouldn't hurt to accurately know how the car is running before you spray.

NX Wet....75 Shot for now...:ninja:

GGPIS3
12-19-2007, 01:07 AM
yes colder plugs.. not sure on your car, but i would go 2 steps colder on mine. i would also get rid of any cats you may have.. nitrous gonna burn em up over time and it stinks like ass. free flow gonna help the nitrous too. are you going to get an air/fuel controller of some type?

and the rpm window switches is a good idea too if you're a rookie with nitrous. it allows you to set your nitrous to only run during a selected rpm range.

redrumracer
12-19-2007, 02:05 AM
I heard its addictive though :ninja:, but what form of FI isnt :crazy:

but nitrous isnt forced induction

BlkCD5
12-19-2007, 03:14 AM
****ing ****, was thinking about something else Disregard that :o

Honngodda411
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I ran nitrous for a couple of years in my accord. I ran a dry 100 shot with no problems. i used a afc with no problems. fast as fu*@ but exspensive, i probably spent more money on filling the tank in two years, than i did on my turbo kit,......scratch that i know i did.
I outran some crazy **** with that thing.....Turbo FTW.

BABY J
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
A dry 100 shot? LOL. Wow. Amazing. LOL. Even more amazing that you had "no probs". And NOS is forced induction - ur forcing more oxygen into the engine just like a SC or turbo - ur just using a different delivery medium. So many people use gas wrong... and there is a lot of mis-information on the web in reference to it (just like in this thread - lol).

100 shot dry - genius.:rolleyes:

WhiteAccord
12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah... believe or not, 100 shot is actually safe for the F22 and F23 motors, with no probs...

Vuongy_Dong
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
slow automatic POS. your auto tranny will give out soon.

BABY J
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm just amazed that any1 would run a dry shot so big on a F22, yet say "safe" in the same sentence. LOL

WhiteAccord
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Yup Prob...

AnthonyF
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah... believe or not, 100 shot is actually safe for the F22 and F23 motors, with no probs...

IF done correctly. But your motor has how many miles on it? The motor might be too worn out for that and will let go very soon. No you can pull the motor and build the shìt out of it and be different and instead of boost, do a big shot of nitrous. :goodjob:

WhiteAccord
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
That was my orginal plan...But why waste this motor... Just waiting for this motor to go out....

§treet_§peed
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
if you want the motor gone quick.. let me borrow your car for 5 hours :goodjob:

AnthonyF
12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
^ 5 hours? u must not know what ur doing if it takes u 5 hours to destroy a motor.

B_Hoov
12-19-2007, 06:50 PM
i'm using nitrous alone right now. in the near future i will be running nitrous and 15psi. :goodjob: Nitrous is perfectly safe if done correctly.~like anything else~

x2, i have had it on both my trucks, my 240, debating on the accord but most likely not.

§treet_§peed
12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
^ 5 hours? u must not know what ur doing if it takes u 5 hours to destroy a motor. well you see i was gonna go pick up some messican chicks with his car first. plus i was gonna do it al natural

KevinT707
12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Nitrous is for Noobs.

BABY J
12-20-2007, 10:53 AM
LOL - for sure.

Honngodda411
12-20-2007, 11:29 AM
A dry 100 shot? LOL. Wow. Amazing. LOL. Even more amazing that you had "no probs". And NOS is forced induction - ur forcing more oxygen into the engine just like a SC or turbo - ur just using a different delivery medium. So many people use gas wrong... and there is a lot of mis-information on the web in reference to it (just like in this thread - lol).

100 shot dry - genius.:rolleyes:

Who are you to tell me what was working or not working on my car?!
I know the ****ing difference between nitrous and turbo dumbass, i have turbo now and i used to have nitrous maybe you didn't understand that part?!:ninja:

BTW if your so goddamn smart about nitrous why don't you give us all the perfect info you have?:thinking:

peace

BABY J
12-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey - if you want to spray that big of a dry shot go ahead - whatever works for your car man. Cheerio.

WhiteAccord
12-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Damn I juist asked about some liquid, And I get a E-Thug challenge...

Honngodda411
12-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey - if you want to spray that big of a dry shot go ahead - whatever works for your car man. Cheerio.

in case you missed it I hate nitous, it is expensive and only works for short times.:no:

TURBO FTW! :goodjob:

§treet_§peed
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Who are you to tell me what was working or not working on my car?!
I know the ****ing difference between nitrous and turbo dumbass, i have turbo now and i used to have nitrous maybe you didn't understand that part?!:ninja:

BTW if your so goddamn smart about nitrous why don't you give us all the perfect info you have?:thinking:

peaceactually noobcake Baby J knows alot more than you think and i believe he would know alot more than you. you need to learn to watch it around older more experinced peeps :goodjob:

BABY J
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
^^ No I don't. NOS? What's that? ALthough I will admit that I mis-categorized NOS as forced induction... and was corrected by some1 in this thread. While it does force more 02, it doesn't actually pressurize the intake (aguably). ;) But I haven't been spraying non-vtec single cams and blowing them up since 1994 when no1 else in S. Atlanta was (imports). What do I know? LOL

Honngodda411
12-20-2007, 09:14 PM
actually noobcake Baby J knows alot more than you think and i believe he would know alot more than you. you need to learn to watch it around older more experinced peeps :goodjob:

actually, i meant no more offense than bj thru at me. btw just because i ma new to the site doesn't mean that i don't know anything about cars. I am not going to claim to know everything or to knowmore that bj however if you are going to try to correct me then be respectful about it, he was the one throwing around his smart ass attitude. oh and hey "baby j" i didn't start start this thread! so what's with the "you don't know the difference between turbo and nitrous bs".........go home.:tongue1:

AnclyT
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
nitrous is gay!

boost all the way!

David88vert
12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
nitrous is gay!

boost all the way!

Why only 1? N2O & boost! :D

---------------------------------------------------------
There is nothing wrong with running a dry shot or a wet shot. What is important is the tuning. Nitrous is an oxidizer, so when it breaks down in the combustion chamber, you have to have enough fuel in the resulting mixture to not lean out too much. Additionally, you must manage the correct ignition timing to maximize your cylinder pressure without going over the limit. IN a wet shot, you are injecting both fuel and nitrous together (a common route is through a fogger nozzle), and that mixture is added to the current air/fuel mixture. You can accomplish the same thing by shooting a dry shot (notrous only), and adding additional fuel through your injectors by utilizing a EMS (if you have an aftermarket one that allows it). For amatuer drag only cars that are not running too large of a shot, some will just add the additional fuel through the carb, but the engine is usually running extremely rich in that case, and is generally not the most advantageous route to pursue.

on 3
12-21-2007, 08:51 PM
NOS IS FOR BABIES

BABY J
12-28-2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.indycarscene.com/showthread.php?p=8754&posted=1#post8754

gotta love dry shots.

chinitoxamor
12-28-2007, 10:01 AM
rebuild the whole engine before you put in nos.. let it run nice and rich so u aint gotta worry about a damn thing

BABY J
12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
^^ Wrong answer --- then you're a pig OFF the bottle b/c you're fat. This thought is why people blow sh.it up. Run on the ragged edge daily, just so that the 1 or 2 times a week you spray you have a safe mix?? Not on my cars you're not. THIS is why gas has a bad name for itself. No1 tunes their kits correctly. Wet shot solves this problem (properly setup)... or a EMS or piggy back/NOS controller that corrects timing when you're on the bottle -- and re-adjusts when you are not.

Jaimecbr900
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I wrote a patented long winded thread on nitrous a while back. Maybe someone can find it.

Anyway, just FYI, I've ran both wet and dry nitrous setups. I ran them all on a car that had 150K miles on the motor before I ever even thought of running N2O thru it. The car was an auto AND FWD. More importantly, the car was a DD as well. This is the short condensed version of my background with N2O.

First, Baby J, normally I tend to agree with you. This time I don't. A dry setup is fine as long as you have the additional fuel to go with it. I do agree that it is more finicky and is more prone to mistakes, but that's not unlike anything else too. I started out with a simple single fogger 50 shot. That was baby crap and didn't last long before I jumped up to a 75 shot. Well, that got boring too, so I jumped up to a 100 shot. Mind you, all of these were DRY. I used an AFC and FPR to up the fuel pressure for the additional fuel. Motor was all stock. I had a Walbro FP with stock injectors. Let's be honest, I was being as cheap as possible. Hell, I installed the kit myself in my driveway because I didn't want to pay to have it installed. Did a damn good job too BTW. I even drilled and tapped the TB to have the nozzle as close to the intake runners as possible.

The only issues I had up to the 100 shot was that I blew up my tranny by being an idiot newb nitrous user. Remember, that tranny had over 150K on it too. Nissan auto trannies aren't the beefiest things to begin with. But it took a 100 shot to kill it, and kill it good. I had the tranny built twice more after that because it kept breaking. Finally when I had Level 10 build it, it held for good. Cost me an arm, a leg, and half the other one, but it held. That's when I stepped up to a 125 shot DRY. That was the limit of everything I had. The AFC couldn't keep up, the injectors maxed out, and I was running 3 step colder plugs. It was too close for comfort for me.

I then upgraded to Direct Port, which of course is WET. I had a 125 shot in it as well and it hit harder than any of the others combined. That's what the car had when I sold it after the car had some crazy electrical issue. NITROUS never killed the engine and it had a ton of miles when I sold it. Matter of fact, since I sold it to a buddy that was going to part it out, I heard that the engine was put into another car and it is still running around somewhere probably.

Bottomline is that nitrous is perfectly fine as long as you use it properly and tune it properly. Too many people think it's about FnF and just want a big shot because that will make their welds break and their floor boards fall down and make cute little sparks. That's not what nitrous is about. It is addictive. It is expensive if you use it all the time. It is safe ONLY if you don't act like a newb and believe everything that's on TV.

One final quick story: My dad is an old school muscle car gear head. He used to always have fast cars. All motor fast cars ;) . So when I told him I was going to put nitrous in my DD car, his first words were....."you're gonna blow up the car". He too knew nothing about nitrous except the old tales of blown motors from back in his day. Now you have nitrous controllers, window switches, WOT switches, low pressure safety switches, and hopefully some common sense. I blew up my tranny for acting a fool with nitrous. It was my fault, not the nitrous.

Hope this helps some of you. :goodjob: Baby J, you still my boy. :goodjob:

This is what it looked like at the end:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/jaimecbr900/6e5c5ec1.jpg

KevinT707
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
^ Good reading! ^ :goodjob:

BABY J
12-28-2007, 05:13 PM
VERY good read Jaime. I disagree on anything bigger than a 75 dry ---- and THAT is even pushing it. ESPECIALLY on a small displacement motor. To each his own though. Everything that I have ever blown up was b/c I got greedy - sure, jetting up a dry shot is FREE, but 1 more $60 noid and 3 more $12 lines and you emiminate the room for bad math --- it's pretty simple to me --> bigger than a 50 shot (75 MAX), and I wanna know that my nitrous and gas are WELL aquainted w/ each other before meeting my motor. :D Like me, Jaime has been spraying for quite some time... we just have a different thought-process... and that is okay w/ me. :)

Cheerio

Jaimecbr900
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh no J, don't get me wrong. I agree that wet is definetly wayyy safer to run. I just also know that you can run a pretty big dry shot IF and ONLY IF you can assure the additional fuel is there to handle it right. If you just slap up a dry kit and think it's done, the only thing that's "done" is the motor. But if you do your homework, it can be done though.

I'm anal about always looking at my gauges. Right foot automatically comes up when any gauge goes too far to the right. ;)

BABY J
12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
+1 Right on homey.

David88vert
12-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Bottomline is that nitrous is perfectly fine as long as you use it properly and tune it properly. Too many people think it's about FnF and just want a big shot because that will make their welds break and their floor boards fall down and make cute little sparks. That's not what nitrous is about. It is addictive. It is expensive if you use it all the time. It is safe ONLY if you don't act like a newb and believe everything that's on TV.

Well-stated and true.

Tech5
12-28-2007, 11:35 PM
agree with the tranny issue they do suck balls

WhiteAccord
12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone have a 41 nitrous express jet???? I pay 5 dolla!!!