PDA

View Full Version : Heater not getting hot...

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 04:58 AM
If I sit at idle at a red light or something or having the car running in a parking lot, my car's heater blows out cool air. When I am accelerating, it heats back up to hot air. I know this is probably some simple answer, I just don't know it. Can anyone offer up cause/fix? It's a Buick with 3100 engine in it. Thanks. Later, QD.

Gutling
12-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Possible too much antifreeze, not enough water? On newer model altimas they are real bad about not blowing warm if the mixture is not right. They just blow cool/luke warm air until you drive then melt your face lol. So i guess simple way to check is just drain radiator, fill back up with water. Should be enough antifreeze in the block.

Sometimes air in system too, but this is usally after replacing a radiator or some kinda of work on coolant system.

4doortypels
12-18-2007, 05:32 AM
suggesting put in a higher temp thermostat... like a 185 or 190 im assuming its probably a 165-175

BABY J
12-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Usually the culprit is low coolant. Add that 1st.

The next step is to replace the thermostat.

Could be a clogged up heater core too. Ummm, what I do is let the motor warm up to operating temp. Then pop the hood and find the heater hoses. The inlet and outlet hoses should be equally hot (just grab em with your hand, it won't burn you). If inlet is hotter than outlet, then you should replace your heater core.

Init2winit
12-18-2007, 06:17 AM
LOLOL....I hope you freeze your ass off. Check the blinker fluid.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-18-2007, 01:47 PM
well, im not going to be a **** here and actually offer advice to you...

suicide.

Vteckidd
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
add coolant then change thermostat

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
well, im not going to be a **** here and actually offer advice to you...

suicide.

You must have thought I was your Mom. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
LOLOL....I hope you freeze your ass off. Check the blinker fluid.

Damn I'm surprised you were able to keep your man's dick out your hands long enough to cough up this gem. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Preciate the inputs of the educated, positive IQ-ed people that responded, Mike, Jason, 4door, Gutling. Later, QD.

AnTi-PooN
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn I'm surprised you were able to keep your man's dick out your hands long enough to cough up this gem. Later, QD.

pwnd

blackshine007
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
If I sit at idle at a red light or something or having the car running in a parking lot, my car's heater blows out cool air. When I am accelerating, it heats back up to hot air. I know this is probably some simple answer, I just don't know it. Can anyone offer up cause/fix? It's a Buick with 3100 engine in it. Thanks. Later, QD.
Check for leaks first and top off fluid. On those 3100's, if it's had a leak or had a cooling system fix and it's not bled properly, there will be an air pocket trapped. Some of the 3100 have a bleeder screw on both the water pump outlet housing and on the thermostat housing. The best thing to do is to crank it up and let it warm up. When the needle starts to get towards the center, cut the car off and open the bleeder screw. It should stream out in a rather smooth fashion. If it sputters out, there was an air pocket. The bleeder screw is gonna be a 7mm and don't take alot of torque to tighten down. Just snug it and keep going. Let me know if that helps.

Schugg
12-18-2007, 08:34 PM
sounds like the thermostat, my dads van did that, it would take a while to get hot, then when you stopped it would be cool, then go it would be hot, i believe his thermo was stuck open. cant remember that was a while back, and his coolant was low.

Mr. Clean
12-18-2007, 11:05 PM
i just got a del sol and it blows warmish air sometimes and then other times it blows outside air temp. air.

this thing has issues of which the heater is only one.

JDMjoe
12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
i just got a del sol and it blows warmish air sometimes and then other times it blows outside air temp. air.

this thing has issues of which the heater is only one.

:boohoo:

AnthonyF
12-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Do those buicks have the digital HVAC? If so sometimes they go bad. But what Mr. Kidd said, check coolant, replace thermostat and possibly your heater control valve. If your low on coolant, obviously you have a leak somewhere. try to find it. :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
12-19-2007, 07:14 AM
It turned out to be low on coolant. Thanks for all the advice. Later, QD.

Sammich
12-19-2007, 07:23 AM
lol @ QD...

DaRussian
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
ADD ANTIFREEZE!!! had the same problem like 2 days ago

blackshine007
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
It turned out to be low on coolant. Thanks for all the advice. Later, QD.
That was a couple of posts ago, Russian