PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hardcore/Metalcore Fans

Hulud
12-17-2007, 01:35 AM
i know there are some of you on here, list the bands that got you into the music :goodjob:

for me:
Snapcase
Strife
Gorilla Biscuits
Black Flag
Poison The Well

if you are into metalcore you'd better have PTW on there since they basically started that whole scene :yes:

Brut
12-17-2007, 05:06 AM
As Blood Runs Black
Decapitated
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
NECROPHAGIST
The Faceless
Beneath the Massacre

Theres some japanese ones I like too

YoTa_BoX
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Bloodsimple
Lamb of god
Ill nino
Slipknot
Throwdown

blackDAHLIA
12-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Converge
The Black Dahlia Murder
Every Time I
Pantera
Hatebreed

Just to name a few.

Hulud
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
you know bdm is playing in atl next year? check the concert calendar

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
linkin park got me into rock period

everyone around me listened to hip hop so i was a 95.5 listener for awhile :/

and honestly it was local bands that made me start liking hardcore music, i was just a skater kid listening to punk rock and any song that was on skate videos, and they had a show at the skatepark and i was like, what the hell why not, ill see what these skinny hardcore kids are listening to

and then i was like ****tttttttttttttt thats gangsta

been hooked ever since haha

quickdodgeŽ
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
but dont get me wrong, as QD likes to assume (key word being ASS) i still wore regular clothes, not a single Fubu, or Ecko article of clothing touched me, I did wear Reebok and Nike though, but thats cause I played sports :P I wore vans too.

quickdodgeŽ
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!! Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
what are you laughing at? me listening to it or the radio station? :thinking:

quickdodgeŽ
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
It;s an underlying message. I didn't think you'd be able to see it. Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
oh because you think im a conformist? lmao i was 11, of course im going with the flow of things, i didnt have a "anti-conformist anarchial mindset" back when i was still a kid, lol. old people.

4dmin
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
i know there are some of you on here, list the bands that got you into the music :goodjob:

for me:
Snapcase
Strife
Gorilla Biscuits
Black Flag
Poison The Well

if you are into metalcore you'd better have PTW on there since they basically started that whole scene :yes:

PTW bahhhhhhhhhh you mean An Acre Lost??? get your **** straight and before them came bands like: Morning Again, Day of Suffering, Integrity, etc :guitar:

the bands that really struck a chord with me were: Earth Crisis, Converge, Ink & Dagger, 25 ta life, Subzero, Floor Punch, Integrity, Morning Again, Ten Yard Fight, Sick of It All, Pennywise, etc... there are so many bands too list

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
pennywise, ramones, new york dolls

MikeyPrzy
12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Converge, Shai Hulud. Two of the bands I started listening to before getting into heavy stuff.

Outbreak is sick as hell, Champion, anything basically

When I'm high,
Irreversible(atlanta local), Pelican

quickdodgeŽ
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
oh because you think im a conformist? lmao i was 11, of course im going with the flow of things, i didnt have a "anti-conformist anarchial mindset" back when i was still a kid, lol. old people.

What the hail are you talking about? Who said anything about conforming. I'm laughing at you, among the other more obvious reasons, because you try to act like you know or listen to hip hop because you listen to 95.5. That's greatly laughable. As I thought, you don't have the brains to read between the lines. Uneducated, working at a parts store people. Later, QD.

blackDAHLIA
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
you know bdm is playing in atl next year? check the concert calendar

oh yeah im there dude. i saw em in june when they were here. amazing..:goodjob:

ubers2k
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
The Devil Wears Prada
As I Lay Dying
Burn the Preist
OLD Killswitch Engage
Chimaira
It Dies Today

Too many to list though.

Maniac1
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Disturbed
Lamb of God
Insense
Hatebreed
Godsmack
Kiss
Panic
Scars of life

The list goes on and on.

§treet_§peed
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Slipknot
Mudvayne

wantboost
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
agnostic front, sick of it all, kill your idols, i listen to alot more punk but dont mind hardcore every now and then

n2daizo123
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
As i lay dying
Haste the day
Soilwork
Norma Jean
The chariot
Mnemic
Silverstein
underminded
Rise Against
Edit: I didnt read before listing this

wantboost
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
^^rise against is considered hardcore? dang...

BuBBa DRiFT
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
What the hail are you talking about? Who said anything about conforming. I'm laughing at you, among the other more obvious reasons, because you try to act like you know or listen to hip hop because you listen to 95.5. That's greatly laughable. As I thought, you don't have the brains to read between the lines. Uneducated, working at a parts store people. Later, QD.

im sorry ma'am, no mention of my "hip hop know how" in here i guess you saw something. :screwy:

besides, whats hip hop besides alliteration and rhyme scheme to overly simplistic synthetic beats provided by ex-coke dealing "music enthusiasts"

Hulud
12-17-2007, 10:52 PM
paul, LOL @ converge, seriously

whats the deal with converge? they are the most generic, overhyped band in hardcore/metalcore, thats right i said it

Hulud
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Converge, Shai Hulud. Two of the bands I started listening to before getting into heavy stuff.

Outbreak is sick as hell, Champion, anything basically

When I'm high,
Irreversible(atlanta local), Pelican
you sir are awesome (-converge) lol

you ever seen shai hulud live? best **** ever

irreversible is sick i went and met paul (admin) and justin (b@d@pple) at that show

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 04:41 AM
im sorry ma'am, no mention of my "hip hop know how" in here i guess you saw something. :screwy:

I never said you tried your "knowledge" in here.

besides, whats hip hop besides alliteration and rhyme scheme to overly simplistic synthetic beats provided by ex-coke dealing "music enthusiasts"

Until now. Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-18-2007, 06:01 AM
jesus christ you are like a ****ing infection, lurk someone else. you're ass is unimportant to me.

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 08:28 AM
jesus christ

Don't ever use my governemtn name again.

you are like a ****ing infection, lurk someone else. you're ass is unimportant to me.

Two things happen before I "lurk" someone else. Eithe ryou quit posting or you meet me in College Park. Later, QD.

SPOOLIN
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
metallica

blackDAHLIA
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
metallica

80s metallica FTW

YoTa_BoX
12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
the band that got me into Rock of any kind was Korn..their 1st CD

OneSlow5pt0
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
i like old A7X,like the thier 1st cd....but i dont really listen to hardcore

BuBBa DRiFT
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
you meet me in College Park. Later, QD.

lol like youd you leave your parents basement for anything

4dmin
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
paul, LOL @ converge, seriously

whats the deal with converge? they are the most generic, overhyped band in hardcore/metalcore, thats right i said it

what converge is probably one of the most influencial bands in hardcore... caring and killing + petitioning the empty sky are some of the best albums ever!!! by the way Shai Hulud is generic :yes:

the best bands aren't hardcore/metalcore anyway to me, b/c that stuff can be so easily done.... Emperor, Nuerosis, The Cure, etc... those are some of the best bands :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
80s metallica FTW

That's what's up. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
lol like youd you leave your parents basement for anything

So what time will you be there? My bad. I remember you're a bit too scared to leave Henry. Especially to go to a predominately black city. Later, QD.

YoTa_BoX
12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Emperor, Nuerosis, The Cure, etc... those are some of the best bands :goodjob:

The Cure...Holy Fag-Tastic LOL...

dear lord they are far from Any kind of Best as far as music goes..

But then again this is all about ppls opinions and im just expressing mine :)

and im sure you will say mine means nothing or it is **** exe.... Oh well life goes on.

quickdodgeŽ
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
The Cure...Holy Fag-Tastic LOL...

dear lord they are far from Any kind of Best as far as music goes..

Was this sarcasm or was this your opinion for real? Later, QD.

YoTa_BoX
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Was this sarcasm or was this your opinion for real? Later, QD.

That was my real Opinion on the band... dont really think they are fags But...they just look the part... as far as their music goes I personally dislike it very much!!! But then again that is my opinion...

YoTa_BoX
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
lol im a young one as well so if you have any Deep hated feeling against me now because i have Mocked or made fun of a band you like...Just blame it on me being young and that i know nothing about music :) Its ok i can take the Heat!!! I have spoke my opinion on the matter and am able to take other ppls opinions on my own opinions with a grain of salt.

OneSlow5pt0
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
the Cure are one the best bands

Hulud
12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
what converge is probably one of the most influencial bands in hardcore... caring and killing + petitioning the empty sky are some of the best albums ever!!! by the way Shai Hulud is generic :yes:
explain how shai hulud is generic, please.

i mean i could understand that if they sounded like everyother band out there like converge, but there is only 1 other band that sound like shai hulud, strongarm but they are done with anyways.

pontiacsftw
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
haste the day, poison the well, the devil wears prada, vanna, he is legend, and norma jean.

anything with a good breakdown gets me wet.

hXc007
12-20-2007, 11:01 PM
nitro records era AFI
Minor Threat
American Nightmare
black flag
old victory style comps
bad brains
old beastie boys (look it up of you dont believe me)
7 seconds
kid dynamite

as for metalcore, i would say:
coalesce
botch
damnation a.d.
racetraitor
dillenger escape plan
usurp synapse

Hulud
12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
pollywog stew is sick

OneSlow5pt0
12-21-2007, 04:41 AM
from Autumn to Ashes

AnTi-PooN
12-21-2007, 05:21 AM
bleed the dream
media lab
alexisonfire

4dmin
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
nitro records era AFI
Minor Threat
American Nightmare
black flag
old victory style comps
bad brains
old beastie boys (look it up of you dont believe me)
7 seconds
kid dynamite

as for metalcore, i would say:
coalesce
botch
damnation a.d.
racetraitor
dillenger escape plan
usurp synapse

this man listens to good sh!t :cheers:

bRiAnMcIvIcS
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Punk was the original hardcore. New hardcore blows ball sack. I think they try to see how many breakdowns they can fit into one song. lol. Any retard can play hardcore music on guitar. Metalcore sucks as well.

4dmin
12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
explain how shai hulud is generic, please.

i mean i could understand that if they sounded like everyother band out there like converge, but there is only 1 other band that sound like shai hulud, strongarm but they are done with anyways.

obviously you dont' know about older florida hXc all bands from florida had that sound... as well as man other bands from mid 90's... they are good but they aren't doing anything that bands like Poison the Well and a slue of Victory/Trustkill/Goodlife bands haven't done before.

i am dying to know how you think Converge is generic? they have to be one of the only bands to break out of the hXc genre when every band did sound like a PTW, Shai, Strife, EC, etc. Converge is a punk/hXc band that got influenced by grind/sludge/ambient over the years... for the longest time i would say Relapse Records was the only label putting out good bands like that which now can be seen as a dime a dozen, but that far from makes Converge generic. H8TER :2up:

4dmin
12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Punk was the original hardcore. New hardcore blows ball sack. I think they try to see how many breakdowns they can fit into one song. lol. Any retard can play hardcore music on guitar. Metalcore sucks as well.

you are right origins of hXc is punk but most bands today are metalcore... hXc from the mid 90's is basically gone... as far as hXc... this is how easy it is to be in a hXc band: http://www.myspace.com/judjud :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
this man listens to good sh!t :cheers:

i would say very proud of ya through art of drowning would be more punk.....wouldnt?

very proud of ya,is so damn good....thats thier 2nd best,right behind sing the sorrow

4dmin
12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
i would say very proud of ya through art of drowning would be more punk.....wouldnt?

very proud of ya,is so damn good....thats thier 2nd best,right behind sing the sorrow

answer that and stay fashionable and very proud of ya is good punk and the end of days for old AFI... Black Sails was a great album but not the same band... everything else sucked. thats my opinion.

i remember seeing them back in 95 i guess at BLT's w/ Guttermouth... those where the days Nitro was great label then.

hXc007
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
also old against all authority and old death by stereo are really good.

anybody here listen to strung out?

wantboost
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
also old against all authority and old death by stereo are really good.

:yes: :yes:
anyone listen to leftover crack/choking v, or no cash.

GTScoob
12-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Strung Out and Leftover Crack were two of the bands that got me into harder rock/metal yet still make it onto all of my playlists. Poison the Well, From Autumn to Ashes, Finch (guilty pleasure #1), Hopesfall, Glassjaw, older AFI got me into hardcore. Children of Bodom was another band that helped get me into a lot more euro-metal. Honestly I think the most influential thing that happened to me was seeing Gwar with Cattle Decapitation when I was 15, I'd never seen or heard anything like it and was shocked/appalled but loved every second of it.

I wouldnt consider LOC or Strung Out hardcore by any means. Strung Out is great at combining metal riffs with punk energy, LOC likewise is good at combining punk, ska, and core. Interesting to see the Cure come out, they're great, I'm really surprised how many of my metalhead friends still love them.

hXc007
12-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah

I love leftover crack, idnk, choking victim, citizen fish, etc. All their side projects lol

wantboost
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
check out their new project, star ****ing hipsters they have 2 songs on their mayspace.... pretty good.

Duke E. Love
12-26-2007, 12:46 AM
the locusts are bad ass, murder by death is good in that hx meets jonny cash kinda way, atlanta natives norma jean and the the chariot