PDA

View Full Version : What would u do different with santa run?

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I know i had nothing to do with putting this event together but i think to help out the people that did, we need to post up some of the likes and dislikes about the event and what u would do different next time around to make the event even better.

Personally I would make it a timed start and have check points. something else to think about is having a full day or even two day event?? running in the night would be exciting! Great job to everyone involved in this event and cant wait for the next one!

Dracc
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I'd change nathan.. other then the noble should have run

3.5altman
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
i will be there next time, just got give somebody money for my bail just in case! lol

The Yousef
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
checkpoints...no orange proteges...get out of jail free card...and bitches.

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
LMAO

3.5altman
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM

X2

EvasiveEF9
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
bitches will come when the temp rises...

For my personaly interest, I'd have my blinkers working, and I wouldn't have to worry about the FULL consequence of me getting a ticket for even 7mph over... Unfortunately, I do...

I hope I can get leave to come back next year, though. I'll be in uniform, and give everyone my number. They'll get pulled...conversation will go like this...

cop: "WTF are you doing!"

driver: "Toys for tots run"

cop: "Don't f*ck with me!"

driver: "I'm not...the one that's in uniform is a little bit behind me...he'll be here in a second, I just called him"

::5minutes::

::I'll roll up and step out in uniform::

me: "Officer, no, really...toys for tots. We'll make him donate an extra toy"

cop: "Oh...thank you for your service, and this run for such a great cause"

me: "Ok, Tim, run along, now...go tag that Protege!"

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope I can get leave to come back next year, though. I'll be in uniform, and give everyone my number. They'll get pulled...conversation will go like this...

driver: "I'm not...the one that's in uniform is a little bit behind me...he'll be here in a second, I just called him"

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The Yousef
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
bitches will come when the temp rises...

For my personaly interest, I'd have my blinkers working, and I wouldn't have to worry about the FULL consequence of me getting a ticket for even 7mph over... Unfortunately, I do...

so basically...you are our walking, talking get out of jail free card....

sweet!

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Lol i agree with matthew i was one that help put the event together i work at the kia dealership. the checkpoints are the only things we couldn't do because the law enforcement said that would mean a ROAD RACE and make it 100% illegal. i would however put in the books for an all day event, which this one was going to be but the cars were too fast lol. the next one should be longer and include mountains!!! but matthew i loved your car i have two little ef project cars but didn't have one there but next time it will be me and u lol, and let me know how to get in the auto x racing.

EvasiveEF9
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
so basically...you are our walking, talking get out of jail free card....

sweet!
That's IF I can come next year...and...kinda. But at the same time...I can't bring bad rep to the branch, either. Catch 22.

I'll be out representing myself next year. But also...I won't be in either of the EF's next year, I don't think. :ninja:

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Lol i agree with matthew i was one that help put the event together i work at the kia dealership. the checkpoints are the only things we couldn't do because the law enforcement said that would mean a ROAD RACE and make it 100% illegal. i would however put in the books for an all day event, which this one was going to be but the cars were too fast lol. the next one should be longer and include mountains!!! but matthew i loved your car i have two little ef project cars but didn't have one there but next time it will be me and u lol, and let me know how to get in the auto x racing.

i understand the checkpoint thing. im sure something can be thought up so we dont have cheaters.

An all day event with mountains would be AMAZING. now me and tim can do our mountain run. lol. i would want to start at sometime around 10 and end at 10-11. having everyone pull in at night would be AWESOME!

what do u plan on doing with the EF's? there are many classes the car could be put into but if u want to be fast, have good competition and not spend alot of money, run STS. look at www.scca.com (http://www.scca.com) or check out the atlanta region autocross site at www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com) . BTW, the atlanta region is the top region for STS and STS2 civic and CRX's. it should b easy to find help if u need it.

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
i understand the checkpoint thing. im sure something can be thought up so we dont have cheaters.

An all day event with mountains would be AMAZING. now me and tim can do our mountain run. lol. i would want to start at sometime around 10 and end at 10-11. having everyone pull in at night would be AWESOME!

what do u plan on doing with the EF's? there are many classes the car could be put into but if u want to be fast, have good competition and not spend alot of money, run STS. look at www.scca.com (http://www.scca.com/) or check out the atlanta region autocross site at www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com/) . BTW, the atlanta region is the top region for STS and STS2 civic and CRX's. it should b easy to find help if u need it.

Ok koo man im going to check that out. for one of the ef's im just doing a b16 swap its in now just need shift linkages and the other one im doing a single vtec turbo.... and i think pulling in at night would be really nice too and this time it would be warm and we will try to have more room so we can set it up more like a show.

ahmonrah
12-16-2007, 09:52 PM
show up.....oh..i didnt sign up in the first place. oops. fvck working weekends...

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM

what do u plan on doing with the EF's? there are many classes the car could be put into but if u want to be fast, have good competition and not spend alot of money, run STS. look at www.scca.com (http://www.scca.com/) or check out the atlanta region autocross site at www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com/) . BTW, the atlanta region is the top region for STS and STS2 civic and CRX's. it should b easy to find help if u need it.

and that was me that went pass u on I-20 in the black audi...i road behind u most of the way to get more motivation lol.

Leadfoot_mf
12-16-2007, 10:00 PM
have the drivers seal their license in an envelope and sign it. if you have to break the seal no prizes for you at the end.

ahmonrah
12-16-2007, 10:02 PM
have the drivers seal their license in an envelope and sign it. if you have to break the seal no prizes for you at the end.:goodjob: NOW THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!

wantboost
12-16-2007, 10:03 PM
^^^FUCin Brilliant

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
and that was me that went pass u on I-20 in the black audi...i road behind u most of the way to get more motivation lol.

i figured it was someone from the event. nice audi. for the price, u cant build a better handling fwd car IMO.

and leadfoot, thats a great idea!

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
have the drivers seal their license in an envelope and sign it. if you have to break the seal no prizes for you at the end.

lol that would have been most of use this go round.

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
i figured it was someone from the event. nice audi. for the price, u cant build a better handling fwd car IMO.

and leadfoot, thats a great idea!

Confessions........that was my moms car:cry: lol im a str8 honda guy but her car was really nice for the event i was able to keep up even after the gas stop 10min within the race lol.

ahmonrah
12-16-2007, 10:15 PM
^^^FUCin Brilliantyes....
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/b/b5/L_c295eaa31c251b9c3e10f11068d2eccf.jpg

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Confessions........that was my moms car:cry: lol im a str8 honda guy but her car was really nice for the event i was able to keep up even after the gas stop 10min within the race lol.

who cares. u have a better chance at not getting busted in that

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
who cares. u have a better chance at not getting busted in that

U right i almost got past on the little road block they had till the cop saw the map on the seat lol.

matthewAPM
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
U right i almost got past on the little road block they had till the cop saw the map on the seat lol.:lmfao: damn. i took EVERYTHING (map, radar detector, radio, phone, burger king hats) and put it under my rear seats. but it doesnt help when u drive a race car.

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
:lmfao: damn. i took EVERYTHING (map, radar detector, radio, phone, burger king hats) and put it under my rear seats. but it doesnt help when u drive a race car.

:lmfao: lol.... h3ll naw

Jay12know
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Be back on this post 2morrow got to work in the moring and work on the next gumball challage keep posting feedback to make this the best event next to nopi (jk) BETTER!!!

ARFNSX
12-16-2007, 10:49 PM
2 way radios so we can talk to each other about road condition and cops. It would help tremendously...trust me, we do it on the other rallies!

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
2 way radios so we can talk to each other about road condition and cops. It would help tremendously...trust me, we do it on the other rallies!

everyone that left from gwinnett had one and almost all of us got pulled over. but it helped in many situations.

wantboost
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
^^^we were too far behind lol, but that is the reason we did not get caught in the roadblock.

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
^^^we were too far behind lol, but that is the reason we did not get caught in the roadblock.

good thing i called u

Dracc
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Gwinnett peeps all had the walkies.. and matt had my new cobra radar.. and it still didnt help lol hahahahah

IndianStig
12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I like the sealed envelope license idea. 2 way radio's are a must with a SET channel for all drivers. A longer 300+mile or so run would be fun, maybe start it Saturday night and end it Sunday night or something, that'd be fun. Also, maybe just have check points (don't time it....officially) and just hand people a map, make them figure it out? That'd make it fun if 10 cars take one route, 10 take another, 10 take another etc....

Psycho
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I think they should have made it a point A to point B race, so people couldn't cheat.

mocha latte cupcake
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
i would go on it snif snif :cry:

Glides
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Good idea.

But in the end distance is the great equalizer of all cars regardless of class. Shorter the distance, less equalization. Much longer distance, much greater chance for all cars to make a good showing. STops for gas, food, pissing, tickets and other stuff would slow even the fastest cars down.

My idea would be to have a start point, say Douglasville and either have an ending point in sayJacksonville or some other city where there are multiple routes to get there meaning your time for stops is factored in.

Or.

Put a timeclock in Douglasville, a timeclock in Jacksonville (once again any city with decent distance) and then the final timeclock in Douglasville for the finish. Jacksonville is about 5-6 hours depending so there and back is around 12 hours.

Basically you are talking about a miniature Cannonball (the old, illegal one back in the days when it was called The sea to shining sea memorial trophy dash). Add in the sealing of the envelopes with a wax candle style seal and roll.

The only bad thing is liability. Have to make damm sure you don't implicate yourself in any "Stupidity" that may occur from drivers.

mocha latte cupcake
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
glides FTW! thats the way to go right there!

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
great idea. and the distance seems good. we just need someone to write down the exact time someone left and the exact time they got back. who ever has the shortest time wins.

Dracc
12-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Good idea.

But in the end distance is the great equalizer of all cars regardless of class. Shorter the distance, less equalization. Much longer distance, much greater chance for all cars to make a good showing. STops for gas, food, pissing, tickets and other stuff would slow even the fastest cars down.

My idea would be to have a start point, say Douglasville and either have an ending point in sayJacksonville or some other city where there are multiple routes to get there meaning your time for stops is factored in.

Or.

Put a timeclock in Douglasville, a timeclock in Jacksonville (once again any city with decent distance) and then the final timeclock in Douglasville for the finish. Jacksonville is about 5-6 hours depending so there and back is around 12 hours.

Basically you are talking about a miniature Cannonball (the old, illegal one back in the days when it was called The sea to shining sea memorial trophy dash). Add in the sealing of the envelopes with a wax candle style seal and roll.

The only bad thing is liability. Have to make damm sure you don't implicate yourself in any "Stupidity" that may occur from drivers.

Glides what where you in.. cause i was actually lookin for you to come out.. but i was lookin for the green bandit

Whiteboy™
12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
have tow trucks at the event free of charge in case of automotive failure

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
have tow trucks at the event free of charge in case of automotive failure

u got to make it there first. lol

Whiteboy™
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
you got the point.

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 04:52 PM
you got the point.

atleast u made it there and got to ride

Whiteboy™
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
At least I tried, which is more than a lot of other people can say, i mean, i knew my car would break at some point, i was just hoping that it would have at least held off until we got to the dealership

Leadfoot_mf
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
you got the point.
so did you get your car home?

matthewAPM
12-17-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah. really wish we could have got a new battery 4 u.

Whiteboy™
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
so did you get your car home?

yes went back up there last night with a uhaul dolly and picked her up. :goodjob:

I would like to thank import atlanta's own WÉK SÔS (my brother-in-law) and drmcivicsi (good friend).

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0756.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0755.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0754.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0750.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0749.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/524/100_0744.JPG

Whiteboy™
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
yeah. really wish we could have got a new battery 4 u.

it would have just died, lol

§treet_§peed
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
if i could of done anything different it would of been actually to make it out and do this. maybe next year. or i'll ride with some one

Glides
12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Glides what where you in.. cause i was actually lookin for you to come out.. but i was lookin for the green bandit

I was in the blue Impreza 2.5 RS with the Speedlines on it. I think it was the only 2.5 there and probably the only one that didn't get pulled over by the law. Being lost is sometimes wonderful, especially when your co-pilot has a bedonkadonk. I was distracted the whole way. :D

Me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Sixgunsports/Me-1.jpg

Echonova
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I was in the blue Impreza 2.5 RS with the Speedlines on it. I think it was the only 2.5 there and probably the only one that didn't get pulled over by the law. Being lost is sometimes wonderful, especially when your co-pilot has a bedonkadonk. I was distracted the whole way. :D

Me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Sixgunsports/Me-1.jpg

I hate you even more now. I have your pic CD ready. Fixed the pics best I could. My wife has offered to re-do the shoot since my camera skrills suckzor.