PDA

View Full Version : Misc I am legend (NO SPOILERS)

BB6dohcvtec
12-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Discuss

it was a pretty good movie...imo except the ending but overall another will smith hit.

ChnkyLao
12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I honestly expected better, can't say I hated it though, It was a pretty good movie
I like how RUIN MOVIES FOR PPL W/O ANY WARNING, yes i'm :gay:

and i think they are already making a sequel

ironchef
12-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I heard there was going to be some huge twist at the end, but nothing. Dunno how they plan on making a sequel SEEING AS HOW I LIKE TO SPOIL MOVIES FOR PPL W/O WARNING, i'm :gay:

DeeAOne
12-14-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks for the spoiler alert guys......haha

i was supposed to see it tonight but just hung at the house with the woman.

Whiteboy™
12-14-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks for ****ing ruining the movie, d-bags

ironchef
12-14-2007, 11:35 PM
No one held a gun to your head to click on the thread, lawl.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
yeah thats ****ed up, usually when you post about a movie you discuss it, in its theme, the tone, the overall production grade, its story, the strength of the acting

not the ****ing ending prick

go **** yourself

Turbo04
12-15-2007, 02:19 AM
The book is 100 times better....I made the mistake of reading it first. THe wife loved the movie though, and I'll give smith it, he did a good job portraying the charecter. That being said, for me, the such radical differences in the storylines between the book and the movie put it over the edge for me. I suspect it would've been even more suspenceful had they stuck with the original plot. Not mention the plot twist in the book that made me go...OMFG!! Crazy crazy **** going on in the book. I can see why they did what they did for american movie go-ers , but the books plot and carry through.....so much better.

But also the book was written in the 50's and is set in the 70's so it wouldn't fit todays audience without some changes timeline wise, but still I really feel the loose adaptation of the story was a bad move.

JDMJAYDC2
12-15-2007, 02:24 AM
the book is almost always better than the movie imo

Turbo04
12-15-2007, 02:31 AM
the book is almost always better than the movie imo

well most of the time yes, but look at books like harry potter. Yes they give more background and such, but the movies are incredibly done and come close to the books. I think they key is though that when you read a book, you can create the world in your head exactly as you interpet it. With a movie, your presented it and thats how it is. No imagination. When I read the book I found myself wondering exactly what I would do/feel/see and it was creepy. With the movie , I'm watching someone else act it out...so it's not quite as real.

chituntang
12-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Go watch the movie!!! I saw a S13 hatch!!

TallGuy
12-15-2007, 03:17 AM
I honestly expected better, can't say I hated it though, It was a pretty good movie
I like how Will Smith dies at the end,

God damn it son of a ***** mother ****ing bull **** ... i know i should not have read this thread... thanks for blowing the ending... j/k ....but not really

EJ25RUN
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
i thought it was really f'ed up when everyone in the theatre started laughing when he had to kill his dog. I really think there wasn't a worse audience to be with last night.

ONE GUY EVEN YELLED OUT "MICHAEL VICK" DURING THAT SCENE: i was pissed.

Glides
12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
i thought it was really f'ed up when everyone in the theatre started laughing when he had to kill his dog. I really think there wasn't a worse audience to be with last night.

LOL.

But seriously guys, if you got the movie spoiled by coming in this thread then you didn't do your research properly. I read the book, it's only like 200 pages or something. Can do it in an afternoon. Stop being lazy.

Maverick
12-15-2007, 08:36 AM
well since yall ruined the movie for me...can somone spoil the book and explain what hapens for me...and go ahead and ruin omega man for me cause i havent seen that either...no joke...seiriously...i wanna know

AyeJaye
12-15-2007, 08:38 AM
wow. i was thinkin clickin this thread would just have harmless "good movie, bad movie" reviews in it. not phuckin Schit like, he dies and he kills his dog. phuck yall

mocha latte cupcake
12-15-2007, 08:39 AM
yeha go ahead lol i like to hear the endings of movies its not going to spoil it for me or anything i'm going to see it anyways lol

EJ25RUN
12-15-2007, 08:50 AM

LOL.

But seriously guys, if you got the movie spoiled by coming in this thread then you didn't do your research properly. I read the book, it's only like 200 pages or something. Can do it in an afternoon. Stop being lazy.

Why did you quote me with that reply?

Dirty Octopus™
12-15-2007, 08:57 AM

no one in my theatre laughed but this one older guy 2 seats to my left started BAWLING! :cry:

i was like does he have a cold? but my co-worker told me he was actually crying.

Dirty Octopus™
12-15-2007, 08:58 AM
oh yeah... i LOVED the friggin film!!! :yes:

ShooterMcGavin
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
great movie, ending was definitely pretty shoddy...like if they tried they could've definitely added another 15-20 min of solid story and action.

Deke
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM

You ****ing ass.

When a goddamn thread says in the title "NO SPOILERS" what the **** do you think it means? **** your mother, all of you spoiler posters.

Turbo04
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
You ****ing ass.

When a goddamn thread says in the title "NO SPOILERS" what the **** do you think it means? **** your mother, all of you spoiler posters.

I'm pretty sure he posted that before the title said no spoilers.

ShooterMcGavin
12-15-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah, just caught his post as well and edited.

Grimm Reeper
12-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Saw the movie today, and I was pleased with how the movie turned out. :goodjob:

AyeJaye
12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
preciate da effort shagwagon. was too late for me though. phuckin IA muther phuckers.

§treet_§peed
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
i can't wait to go see it and i can't wait to see alvin and the chimpmunks

Nemesis
12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I couldnt believe when the aliens from ID4 showed up at the end!!

OH DAMNITTTTTT

§treet_§peed
12-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Independance day 4??? wtf?

ChnkyLao
12-15-2007, 06:56 PM
You ****ing ass.

my bad dude, should of thought about it before i post, and it was before he edited the thread to no spoilers

magneto198
12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
im going to see it tomoro

BuBBa DRiFT
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
whoever said this was a bad movie, sure it wasnt ground breaking, but it was definitely worth the money

i cant wait for cloverfield, ive been following that film for awhile, back before they even had a name, it was called "the unnamed JJ abrams movie"

Spektrewing386
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
i saw it thursday at midnight on IMAX. With the IMAX you got to see the first 6 minutes of Batman 2: The Dark Night...... that was freakin unbelievable!!!

lol and the movie was pretty cool. It was awsome on IMAX, felt like you were there!, feeling the tall grass sway, the intensity of the moment.

at the end there is a line "Thats why he is legend."
then some guy yelled out "Oh now I get it!"...... lol (thats not a spoiler so stfu)

Deke
12-16-2007, 12:44 AM
my bad dude, should of thought about it before i post, and it was before he edited the thread to no spoilers

Haha it's cool man, I read this post originally when I was already in a bad mood. Haha, it's just a movie. I'm still going to see it :)

v8killacivic
12-16-2007, 01:09 AM
not a bad movie...i like it overall :D

Turbo04
12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
whoever said this was a bad movie, sure it wasnt ground breaking, but it was definitely worth the money

i cant wait for cloverfield, ive been following that film for awhile, back before they even had a name, it was called "the unnamed JJ abrams movie"

I don't think it was worth it. Wife and I saw it durring the day and it wsa 15 bucks. The book cost me 7 and I enjoyed that more. Will Smith made the movie bearable, but it still wasn't that great. Perhaps had I not read the story I wouldn't have been disapointed. When I read the book I did not like the end all that much, then I saw the movie and the movie's ending I liked even less.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-16-2007, 12:19 PM
i never read the book, so i didnt have that anticipation... the only book-movie transfers i have enjoyed so far is lord of the rings and harry potter. every other has been terrible.

KPowerEP3
12-16-2007, 12:35 PM
eh it was okay, I wanted to see the movie THEN read the book. I dunno, I still say the movie wasnt as good as I was expecting though.

JDMjoe
12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I wanna go see it but i already read what happen in the end in another thread.... motherf*ckers :doh:

95alty
12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Great movie... I liked it.. saw it the day it came out... was worth the $5.50

magneto198
12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
just got back from it, that movie is freakin awsome! a definitely must see movie

magneto198
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
great movie, ending was definitely pretty shoddy...like if they tried they could've definitely added another 15-20 min of solid story and action.

they could have made it better, longer, or anything. but all in all, i think they acconplished what needed to be done to make one great movie.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
the fact that they made a 200 page book into a 2 hour movie is good enough in itself

Blitanicle99
12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Great movie. I like the fact that there was not room to be a sequel. Will Smith did an excellent job of portraying his character.
Those of you havent seen it... dont scroll down.

Definately the first movie I have ever seen Will Smith die in.
And did anyone see how much it was like 28 days later?

BB6dohcvtec
12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Great movie. I like the fact that there was not room to be a sequel. Will Smith did an excellent job of portraying his character.
Those of you havent seen it... dont scroll down.

Definately the first movie I have ever seen Will Smith die in.
And did anyone see how much it was like 28 days later?

i wouldn't know about 28 days later because that movies sucked so bad i fell asleep all three times i tried to watch it.

SampaGuy
12-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Just got back from the theater, great movie, like other people said they couldve made it longer because im pretty sure there wont be a sequel. Oh and that survivor girl was from sao paulo, which is where im from. pretty cool lol.

Bballjamal
12-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Cast Away + Resident Evil FTL

ATK_Designs
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I didn't really like it much. Typical movie. It has its moment, but not that good like all the hypes.

GDuty5_Chic
12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
The movie sucked ass! A little more action, throw in a super twist and more gore needed ASAP! They hyped up the movie as much as they can but it wasn't as good as the previews showed it. I would have rather spent the $20 on the DVD Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix.

Turbo04
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
The movie sucked ass! A little more action, throw in a super twist and more gore needed ASAP! They hyped up the movie as much as they can but it wasn't as good as the previews showed it. I would have rather spent the $20 on the DVD Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix.

Seriously, go get the book. Thats how the should've made the movie.

ruah_23
12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Great zombie movie!It's way more intense than 28 days/weeks later.Love it:goodjob:

Lizbiz101
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I didn't really like it much. Typical movie. It has its moment, but not that good like all the hypes. I agree!!! You took the words right out of my mouth:goodjob: repped.