PDA

View Full Version : How can i get into an appreticeship position?

madking411
12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
how can i get a position as an apprentice mechanic in-training?? I know that i want to be a mechanic, and that i should also get myself set up within the next year or so to begin my training.....Can i get some help/suggestions?

To start with schooling, im goin to Maxwell HS next fall also...

Not sure if its the right section, but i will sooooon find out

GermanMuscle
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
if you are doing the automotive program at maxwell they that will help you get a job at a dealership. lots of people that go there and apply at the dealership get a job in the quick lube.

BTW if you happen to get mr bradford as a teacher at maxwell dont piss him off, i had him and we still hold the record for worst class he ever had.

cactusEG
12-14-2007, 10:14 PM
North GA tech in clarksville GA. It has a very good automotive program... Take all the automotive you can while ur in high school. Then aply at any garage you can...

JDMirza
12-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Maxwell Highschool is fun man.

1NonlyAccord
12-15-2007, 10:17 AM
I did maxwell last year Auto collision with Mr.Luther..im now doing the apprentaship(sp?) for maxwell working at Absolute Autobody on 1-24. The only thing i can tell you is start early looking,tell the owner/manager your position;
"Im a student at maxwell high school doing the apprentaship program,and woundering if you could use the extra help..blah blah"
SOME of the shops will higher you because its a school program,ALOt will b ****s saying what kind of experince do you have,what can you do for me and do u have ur you kno 5000$ worth of tools and crap.lol:ninja:

but its alot of fun,and if you go to maxwell now ill be up there dec 20th 7:45 taking my last year of finals.:goodjob: look for the midnight blue and primerd black accord.lol

AnthonyF
12-15-2007, 01:26 PM
1st: you have to know something about cars....you know nothing.

2nd: stop posting stupid shìt

3rd: post this in lifestyle or wallstreet. Since those deal with business's and jobs.

JDMirza
12-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I did maxwell last year Auto collision with Mr.Luther..im now doing the apprentaship(sp?) for maxwell working at Absolute Autobody on 1-24. The only thing i can tell you is start early looking,tell the owner/manager your position;
"Im a student at maxwell high school doing the apprentaship program,and woundering if you could use the extra help..blah blah"
SOME of the shops will higher you because its a school program,ALOt will b ****s saying what kind of experince do you have,what can you do for me and do u have ur you kno 5000$ worth of tools and crap.lol:ninja:

but its alot of fun,and if you go to maxwell now ill be up there dec 20th 7:45 taking my last year of finals.:goodjob: look for the midnight blue and primerd black accord.lol
I had mr. bradford, for automotive services.

SouthSide Tay
12-15-2007, 10:46 PM
1st: you have to know something about cars....you know nothing.

2nd: stop posting stupid shìt

3rd: post this in lifestyle or wallstreet. Since those deal with business's and jobs.
damn thats kinda harsh but hell it's probably the truth, LOL

madking411
12-16-2007, 10:07 AM
damn thats kinda harsh but hell it's probably the truth, LOL

Well, thats why i want to go to the schoool......so i can learn about cars...
:(

and i posted it up in THIS section, because it said that you can ask questions here also. Soooo, i asked a question.

AND You, TRYMY4.0, YOU should stop reading my stuff if you don't like looking at it. Go and waste your time on someone else.:goodjob:

RandomGuy
12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
~moved to Wallstreet

a tip: get some knowhow first.. no one will let you touch their customer cars unless you know what you're doing at least a little bit. You'd be a liability then.

They aren't there to teach, they're there to give experience.