PDA

View Full Version : Jewlers That Buy Gold?

Brett
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone know of any legit places that buy gold at market value? I have a few very heavy solid gold bracelets that I think I can get high $$$ for if its done by weight. Any help would be appreciated.

Leisa
12-14-2007, 06:22 PM
that would be Jewelers honey.. spell that **** right :D

§treet_§peed
12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
lol

Brett
12-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Leisa.......

BiH1320
12-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Leisa.......

bwhahahahah sooooo fukiiinnn trrruuuee
lol

§treet_§peed
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
hey Burt Check your repz

Brett
12-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Damn son, hot!! LOL

§treet_§peed
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
lol figured you would like eeet hahahaha

Leisa
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Leisa.......

Brett

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:e9APuAcOfwgNbM:http://www.cynicalblack.com/cynical/sections/suckit.400.png

Brett
12-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Anyone?

Crazy Asian
12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I would but they would be in all in LA. Sorry though all they all 24K Gold 14K Gold..What?

Leisa
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
he doesnt know...its all custom made

Crazy Asian
12-15-2007, 07:45 PM
OOO damn it wont be the purest so how much did he pay for one braclet..cuz as you know gold market flucuates like hell. Right now it's okay but Im not sure.

Crazy Asian
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Ill calculate the stuff for you if you can give me the exact numbers if it's 24K,14K,10K etc etc.

RutRoe
12-15-2007, 11:51 PM
My wife is the daughter of a jeweler in Peachtree City and people bring gold in all the time... I'd just google a couple jewelers near you and give them a ring. From my understanding, they can of course weigh them, but also know what kind of gold it is... or at least my father in law can.

I don't know if the big chain stores like Zales or any of them buy gold... I kind of doubt it. People that make custom pieces will melt it and re-use it in the future....

You could always have someone make it into something cooler that you'd wear.

Let me know if you can't find any near you and I'll see if they know of any. Hope that helps.

Nismo
12-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Melt it and make leisa a huge ring you bum.

Crazy Asian
12-16-2007, 04:42 AM
My wife is the daughter of a jeweler in Peachtree City and people bring gold in all the time... I'd just google a couple jewelers near you and give them a ring. From my understanding, they can of course weigh them, but also know what kind of gold it is... or at least my father in law can.

I don't know if the big chain stores like Zales or any of them buy gold... I kind of doubt it. People that make custom pieces will melt it and re-use it in the future....

Let me know if you can't find any near you and I'll see if they know of any. Hope that helps.

Zale's nor Jared buy's used jewelry. Remember this there just meant to sell stuff not meant to buy stuff. There jsut a big chain that's all and I hate them too death. Crappy piece of crap.

Leisa
12-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Melt it and make leisa a huge ring you bum.

hahaha... but thats ok.. Brett has given me so much jewelry since we have been together I dont think I need anything else.. plus I prefer silver :)

Brett
12-16-2007, 02:28 PM

One is a one off bracelet that when it was made about 30 years ago was over 2 grand to have made and the other is a one off chain and pendant and the pendant is a solid gold nugget pretty big on a nice gold chain, all is solid heavy gold so I am thinking at the per ounce price at current gold rates I can get a decent bit, but because they are all one off thats why there is no stamp of what grade gold, But I know its atleast 18k at the least

Elbow
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm a jewler

Leisa
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I thought you were a florist?

Brett
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm a jewler

But where you work, do they buy gold at market price?

RutRoe
12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I helped my wife out today and wrapped stuff after people bought them and I overheard someone who was thinking about bringing in some gold. My father in-law told them he'd weigh it in front of them, check the daily value of gold which goes up and down, as you know right now it's way ass high, and then he'd give them the value of it.

He also told them if they were using that money to buy something else in the store he'd give them in-store credit of one and a half times the value to put toward the new piece. They make all sorts of total custom rings and stuff, so they often times will melt down an old ring of someone's and turn it into the new one... pretty neat process.

Anywho, hope that info helps a little... pm me if I can help any more

And I totally agree with crappyasian I think it was... Zales and Jared's and all those others suck ass. Most of it is total crap. But, to each his own. My father in-law has made rings for Elton John and all sorts of people...neat stuff.

Crazy Asian
12-17-2007, 03:12 AM
IM NOT CRAPPY!!!!! Ya it's shaddy work and once it's broken your gonna have this long as wait to get your stuff back.

Crazy Asian
12-17-2007, 03:28 AM
And brett this is my rough rough estimate 2-4 grand. Maybe Im not sure but when you do the calculation it come around there. Heck I dont even know what the condition it is in but ya talked to my dad and a rough estimate off 18k gold should be around there.
Also take in factor the buyer. If he's interested he'll give you a good price and if he's not he might try to throw you off or just shrug at you.

Brett
12-17-2007, 06:22 AM
I helped my wife out today and wrapped stuff after people bought them and I overheard someone who was thinking about bringing in some gold. My father in-law told them he'd weigh it in front of them, check the daily value of gold which goes up and down, as you know right now it's way ass high, and then he'd give them the value of it.

He also told them if they were using that money to buy something else in the store he'd give them in-store credit of one and a half times the value to put toward the new piece. They make all sorts of total custom rings and stuff, so they often times will melt down an old ring of someone's and turn it into the new one... pretty neat process.

Anywho, hope that info helps a little... pm me if I can help any more

And I totally agree with crappyasian I think it was... Zales and Jared's and all those others suck ass. Most of it is total crap. But, to each his own. My father in-law has made rings for Elton John and all sorts of people...neat stuff.

Can you PM me is info or location? Or if I could bring my 2 peices in. I dont want to buy any more stuff, Just rather have the money though, would that be good?

Brett
12-17-2007, 06:22 AM
And brett this is my rough rough estimate 2-4 grand. Maybe Im not sure but when you do the calculation it come around there. Heck I dont even know what the condition it is in but ya talked to my dad and a rough estimate off 18k gold should be around there.
Also take in factor the buyer. If he's interested he'll give you a good price and if he's not he might try to throw you off or just shrug at you.

Thanks bro!!!

Spectic Tank
12-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm a jewler...

I'll give ya tree-fitty fo it?

Brett
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Let me know Rutt :)

RutRoe
12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Pm headed your way my friend....

Brett
12-18-2007, 06:07 AM
Thank you so much for the info :)

btw cant wait to see you back on for NASCAR, the one you did with looking for the golf cart that hit Dales car was killing me!!!