PDA

View Full Version : ??question??

SV650S
12-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok my SV has the tendency to stall out after i have been riding for about 30mins it used to just crank right back up, but now I have to roll the throttle just a tad to get it to crank(which in my mind makes no sense cause of the FI), and after it cranks *if it stays running its fine but mostly it backfires and dies agian...???? Recently changed plugs and oil, it did good when I put the new plugs in for about 3 days then right back to the same thing...The bike itself has about 17000 mi on it an its an 04, I was wondering if I need a valve adjustment or????????????????????????? I have no clue ?
:???:

LordMDP
12-15-2007, 04:51 PM
does it idle really low

should idel at 1300 rpm

and there is suppose to be a valve check every 15000 miles but doubt this is th eproblem

Cool Cat Racing
12-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Have you ever adjusted the TPS on yours? There is a writeup on SVRider that tells you how and makes a huge difference. If the TPS is far enough out of adjustment it will do exactly what your's is doing. The tappet check is at 15K but I too doubt this is your problem. Have you had the throttle bodies synced in awhile? This won't usually cause it to run like that but will cause a stumble. PM me if you have any other questions, I've got an 04 SVS and have done quite a bit to it and also do all my own maintenance. I've got the FSM in a PDF if you want it.

SV650S
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah I want it.... and I have never had anything done just rode it changed oil put brakes on it an plugs and thats it

SV650S
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
i think it idels at about 1200-1300 not shure would have to check