PDA

View Full Version : WINDOW TINT PROBLEM

8bangin302
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
THE TINT ON MY BACK WINDOW DOESNT WANNA COME OFF IN A WHOLE PIECE,OR BIG PIECES AT THAT IT JUST CHIPS OF IN VERY VERY SMALL PIECES NOW I DONT WANNA SPEND ALL DAY TAKING PIECE BY PIECE OFF WITH A RAZOR BLADE,SO WHAT WOULD BE A WAY TO TAKE OFF MY TINT REAL EASY.

OH AND ITS THE PART OF GLASS WITH THE DEFROSTERS..

THANKS

blackboi50
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
how long has the tint been on there??????........if long u gonna have to fight it......otherwise goof-off is your friend:D.....1

Sammich
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
besides taking it to a professional shop to take it off...ima show u how i did mine...

follow link: http://g2ic.com/tegtips/interior/22.html

8bangin302
12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
how long has the tint been on there??????........if long u gonna have to fight it......otherwise goof-off is your friend:D.....1

ive got no clue it was on there when i bought the car..im pretty sure a long time considering the purpleness color.

8bangin302
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
besides taking it to a professional shop to take it off...ima show u how i did mine...

follow link: http://g2ic.com/tegtips/interior/22.html

thanks ill try that.

Sammich
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
ill personally tell u...it works...but...i wont ever take off tint off my car again..too much stress and u have to be too meticulous

JDMirza
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
ill personally tell u...it works...but...i wont ever take off tint off my car again..too much stress and u have to be too meticulous

Nice explanation, reps coming towards you. :goodjob:

03RCode
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Wal Mart also carries a tint removal spray now which i guess dissolves the glue somehow... ive always used soapy water, and a razor and just took my time... removing tint FTL

JDMirza
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Wal Mart also carries a tint removal spray now which i guess dissolves the glue somehow... ive always used soapy water, and a razor and just took my time... removing tint FTL
Does this also work on primered spray that's around your window, l8r.

speedminded
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Wal Mart also carries a tint removal spray now which i guess dissolves the glue somehow... ive always used soapy water, and a razor and just took my time... removing tint FTLNot on a rear window with a defroster wire you don't ;)

The tint off/goof off and a steamer is the best. I picked up a handheld steamer from Big Lots for like $10-15...

SDBCIVIC
12-28-2007, 01:30 AM
guy at local tint shop used baby shampoo and water solution in a spray bottle to install and remove tint.

bigjacsoc
12-29-2007, 02:15 AM
i went to take off the tint on my windows of my 240 but only the top layer with the tint came off, the other sticky layer stayed on. with a pack of razor blades (to get more leverage i attached a vise grip to the handle which resulted in breaking them but got it done faster and my hand didnt cramp up as much), goof off, and tint-off from walmart it took me probably 3 hours for both windows. it was worth it though tint job only cost me 12 bucks plus 10 for the kit versus close to 300. also try nail polish remover, my girl suggested it and it works better goof off. and dont usa a razor blade on it with the defrosters, all it takes sometimes is one little scratch in a line and that whole line wont work, so ur stuck with peeling. <no pun intended