PDA

View Full Version : Dynoed darkstar6069s EVO

Vteckidd
12-14-2007, 12:27 PM
If you guys recall there was a thread a few days ago about a certain evo having lower numbers than normal.

Original Thread:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151484

He dynoed at DYNOFORMANCE and made
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/suprastuff1/WHP.jpg

Everyone said it was low compared to other dynoes in the area (Batlground, Topspeed).

FYI Dynoformance uses a DynoDynamics Dyno, ours is a dynojet and reads similar to TOPSPEEDs.

I told everyone to stop comparing different dynos.

Well, we did 3 power pulls on his car today, NO TUNING WHAT SO EVER. 3rd Gear pulls as well.

STANDARD CORRECTION
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/PaulEVOMR.jpg

SAE CORRECTED
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/PaulEVOMRSAE.jpg

Now what do you think (JOSH AKA WICKEDMR) ;)

On this particular car there was a 35-42 WHEEL HORESPOWER DIFFERENCE IN READINGS.

PROVES MY POINT THAT A DYNO IS ONLY A MEASURING TOOL, USE IT CORRECTLY AND DONT GET CAUGHT IN THE NUMBERS GAME.

/THREAD

ATK_Designs
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
De De De.....

DD are known to reads lower than Dynojet. Take DD#, and add about 10-13%, that'll give u DJ number.

Then again, they're just numbers used as a tool for tunning, etc. How the car performs is really the matter.

Don't know why people cared so much about numbers. ;)

So when will you guys have another Dyno day. I wanna know how much I make. jk....

EmminoDaGreat
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Now go dyno at topspeed, and make 400 lol

Maniac1
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
His numbers are still pretty low, seeing as he's running on a T-67. Josh (WickedIXMR) put down almost the exact numbers on stock turbo.

Still good numbers though.

darkstar6069
12-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Its a daily driver and its not even tuned to it's full capability. It pulls hard enough for my taste. As I said before, Andrew told me he could keep pushing it to make more, but I am still on my STOCK clutch and I am really not looking to make anything over 400 right now until I get a new clutch and more mods.

EmminoDaGreat
12-14-2007, 01:45 PM
His numbers are still pretty low, seeing as he's running on a T-67. Josh (WickedIXMR) put down almost the exact numbers on stock turbo.

Still good numbers though.

I highly doubt you can make 390 on a stock turbo

An evo with the same setup as paul except with a stock evo9 turbo makes 305whp on a dd @ 22 psi.

AnclyT
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
ppl have made 390 on stock turbo

evo charles was around ~390 on stock turbo yrs ago..
i believe josh is there too

Maniac1
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM

i believe josh is there tooYep, of course not on 22psi. But still it's possible on stock turbo.

1SLWPOS
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Hrmmm Ct9agsr made 390hp and 420tq on his stock turbo? And if he really made 340hp how was he beating everyone?

darkstar6069
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
It is possible as there are many evo's on evom.net that make close to that horsepower but it's also tuned to the MAX and some with more mods than me. But that's what I'm trying to say that I think everyone is missing. This is a conservative tune. The person I bought this turbo kit from made 425awhp with a much more agressive tune on 22psi.

1SLWPOS
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
^.^ Yeah but better to run safe then sorry he has had 3 motors. Nice car good numbers hope it all works out for you.

AnclyT
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
^.^ Yeah but better to run safe then sorry he has had 3 motors. Nice car good numbers hope it all works out for you.

go big or go home!

:D

chnco
12-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Dyno Dynamics are known to have lower numbers. Everyone knows this.

Unless you're an idiot!

Big Baller
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM

An evo with the same setup as paul except with a stock evo9 turbo makes 305whp on a dd @ 22 psi.

Batlgrounds evo on the stock turbo

http://www.batlground.com/images/436evo.jpg

Tracy
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Batlgrounds evo on the stock turbo

http://www.batlground.com/images/436evo.jpg

And people say our dyno reads low ;)

Anyhow, all dynos read different. Even from DJ to DJ, the possible difference can be 10%. That's why when you tune and want to compare numbers for upgrades that y0u may have made you should use the same dyno.

TopSpeedInc
12-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Our dyno reads the exact same as Batlground and every other 424x.

Tracy
12-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Our dyno reads the exact same as Batlground and every other 424x.I wouldn't say the exact same. :boobies:

TopSpeedInc
12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Damn... I called it in the other thread at 380whp.

Tracy is right I wouldn't say both our dyno's read the same. But they are most likely within 10hp of each other given the same conditions.

Doug

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 08:51 AM

i believe josh is there tooalso account for the Meth he was spraying.

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 08:53 AM
400hp can be made on stock turbo@about 28psi with cams and meth. Doug did when boost solutions was open. If I ever find that cocksucker George, I will beat his ass.

Tracy
12-21-2007, 08:56 AM
400hp can be made on stock turbo@about 28psi with cams and meth. Doug did when boost solutions was open. If I ever find that cocksucker George, I will beat his ass. :lmfao: @ George from Boost Solutions.

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 09:00 AM
:lmfao: @ George from Boost Solutions.I hate that dude, but I love Tracy. I am throwing a party New years eve bring the crew.

Tracy
12-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I hate that dude, but I love Tracy. I am throwing a party New years eve bring the crew.Love to but I will be in Jamaica. Darn the bad luck!

1000cckiller
12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Love to but I will be in Jamaica. Darn the bad luck!dammit, you should have taken me.

WickedIXMR
01-07-2008, 12:25 AM
If you guys recall there was a thread a few days ago about a certain evo having lower numbers than normal.

Original Thread:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151484

He dynoed at DYNOFORMANCE and made
Everyone said it was low compared to other dynoes in the area (Batlground, Topspeed).

FYI Dynoformance uses a DynoDynamics Dyno, ours is a dynojet and reads similar to TOPSPEEDs.

I told everyone to stop comparing different dynos.

Well, we did 3 power pulls on his car today, NO TUNING WHAT SO EVER. 3rd Gear pulls as well.

STANDARD CORRECTION
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/PaulEVOMR.jpg

SAE CORRECTED
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/PaulEVOMRSAE.jpg

Now what do you think (JOSH AKA WICKEDMR) ;)

On this particular car there was a 35-42 WHEEL HORESPOWER DIFFERENCE IN READINGS.

PROVES MY POINT THAT A DYNO IS ONLY A MEASURING TOOL, USE IT CORRECTLY AND DONT GET CAUGHT IN THE NUMBERS GAME.

/THREAD
No shi.t DD reads alot lower than Dynojets. But come on he only put down 34Xwhp on a dd, thats still a SORRY ASS number for a t-67 evo i dont give a shi.t how conservative it is. And as for him putting down only 390whp on a dynojet, thats STILL a sorry ass number for a t-67 evo. Evos are capable of making 400whp on stock turbo pump and meth. On a gt30r they make 400whp pump gas. On a gt35r they make around 450whp on pump and 500 plus just pump and meth and close to 600 on race gas. And the fact that hes only making 390whp on a t-67 which is bigger than gt35r is quite funny. I find this extremely funny how stupid this evo owner is. But what would you know, your just a secretary :rolleyes: ;) Jk

WickedIXMR
01-07-2008, 12:29 AM

I made 392whp on stock turbo very conservative (11.0 afr) I still have some more bolt ons i could get to make more power. People have made high 300's on stock turbo pump gas no meth.

Tracy
01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think ours had meth when we made the #'s on the stock turbo. I can't remember.

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I made 392whp on stock turbo very conservative (11.0 afr) I still have some more bolt ons i could get to make more power. People have made high 300's on stock turbo pump gas no meth.
You are missing the whole point of everything I have been saying for the past 40 posts. THIS IS MY DAILY DRIVER !!! THIS IS A VERY VERY VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE!!! CAN YOU READ THAT?? take your head out of your ass and stop being such a prick. I don't know what the hell your deal is. I'm getting a more aggressive tune once I get a new clutch and some more supporting mods. Andrew said he could squeeze another 30 - 40 whp out of this set up EASILY on pump, but I was worried about my clutch going out. So once again THIS IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE! I don't know what it is you have against me, because you don't even know me so chill out.

Tracy
01-07-2008, 09:47 AM
You are missing the whole point of everything I have been saying for the past 40 posts. THIS IS A VERY VERY VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE!!! CAN YOU READ THAT?? take your head out of your ass and stop being such a prick. I don't know what the hell your deal is. I'm getting a more aggressive tune once I get a new clutch and some more supporting mods. Andrew said he could squeeze another 30 - 40 whp out of this set up EASILY on pump, but I was worried about my clutch going out. So once again THIS IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE! I don't know what it is you have against me, because you don't even know me so chill out.

Elitist sh.it talker. Get used to it, it's IA. I hear he's fat anyways.

81911SC
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
You are missing the whole point of everything I have been saying for the past 40 posts. THIS IS MY DAILY DRIVER !!! THIS IS A VERY VERY VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE!!! CAN YOU READ THAT?? take your head out of your ass and stop being such a prick. I don't know what the hell your deal is. I'm getting a more aggressive tune once I get a new clutch and some more supporting mods. Andrew said he could squeeze another 30 - 40 whp out of this set up EASILY on pump, but I was worried about my clutch going out. So once again THIS IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE! I don't know what it is you have against me, because you don't even know me so chill out.
Just how he is man. Don't stress it.

Nemesis
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
:lmfao: @ George from Boost Solutions.

phew

WickedIXMR
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
What does your car being a daily driver have anything to do with it. So now is that the excuse now and days for not making power? My car is a daily driver too ON A VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE! CAN YOU READ THAT?? Reason for me arguing is because im trying to get my point across that you make sh.itty ass power and you're a freaking retard.

Tracy
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
What does your car being a daily driver have anything to do with it. So now is that the excuse now and days for not making power? My car is a daily driver too ON A VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE! CAN YOU READ THAT?? Reason for me arguing is because im trying to get my point across that you make sh.itty ass power and you're a freaking retard.

You know, there is a better way to get your point across. Almost every post you make is rude and condescending. It seems as though you can't have a civilized conversation or debate with anyone. It's unfortunate that you can't express your opinions or knowledge without being a jerk about it.

WickedIXMR
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
You know, there is a better way to get your point across. Almost every post you make is rude and condescending. It seems as though you can't have a civilized conversation or debate with anyone. It's unfortunate that you can't express your opinions or knowledge without being a jerk about it.
This is IA, you think i give a fu.ck???

Tracy
01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
This is IA, you think i give a fu.ck???Obviously not. Hide behind the keyboard if you want. It's just not my style. I'm the same in real life. I never use the "It's just IA" excuse. The thing that I have learned about the Internet is that whatever you say stays forever...for everyone to read. The other thing I have learned is that one day it may come back to bite you in the ass...just as it has me when I was less mature and carelessly blabbed on the Internet thinking it will never effect me. Lesson learned. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

JEY$JDM
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
^good one tracy!

Vteckidd
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
390whp at 17psi doesnt seem that bad considering

1) Its ECU Flash
2) 2.5in DP

Can you make 400whp on stock turbo, SURE, ABSOLUTELY. But this turbo will do 500 , stock turbo wont.

Ive driven an ridden in the car, its pretty fast, numbers are numbers.

Josh line up with him and run, find out

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
I'd bet Josh would pull him.

Vteckidd
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
im not saying he wouldnt, but line up an find out.

Vteckidd
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
And again, WE DID NOT TUNE THIS CAR, this thread was to show everyone a difference of 30-40whp between DIFFERENT DYNOS

Tracy
01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Not everything is a nut swinging contest. Sometimes people just like to have fun and see how they fare.

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm on stock turbo. I'll run. :D

Tracy
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm on stock turbo. I'll run. :DThat's the spirit! I'll be ready to run my STI soon...I think. Damn I haven't launched a car in a long ass time. Not that I was every very good at it.

Maniac1
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Obviously not. Hide behind the keyboard if you want. It's just not my style. I'm the same in real life. I never use the "It's just IA" excuse. The thing that I have learned about the Internet is that whatever you say stays forever...for everyone to read. The other thing I have learned is that one day it may come back to bite you in the ass...just as it has me when I was less mature and carelessly blabbed on the Internet thinking it will never effect me. Lesson learned. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.Lolol. Tracy this had nothing with you, yet you came in here acting like little miss know it all. For what? And you really don't know how he is, in real life. Lol you just don't know...

Elitist sh.it talker. Get used to it, it's IA. I hear he's fat anyways.Not as fat as some IA chicks. LOL

Repost Squintz
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM

Not as fat as some IA chicks. LOL
buuuuuuuuurrrrrrn

Tracy
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Lolol. Tracy this had nothing with you, yet you came in here acting like little miss know it all. For what? And you really don't know how he is, in real life. Lol you just don't know...

Not as fat as some IA chicks. LOL

I never said I know how he is in real life. He's the one who implied that he is different outside of IA by saying he doesn't give a f.uck since it's IA. Don't try to school me on being Miss Know It All. You know better than all of us how to play that part. All I was saying is there is no need to be rude to people, unprovoked, all of the time. You could take a page out of that book now that we are on the topic ;)

Maniac1
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I never said I know how he is in real life. He's the one who implied that he is different outside of IA by saying he doesn't give a f.uck since it's IA. Don't try to school me on being Miss Know It All. You know better than all of us how to play that part. All I was saying is there is no need to be rude to people, unprovoked, all of the time. You could take a page out of that book now that we are on the topic ;)
I didn't say you knew him, I was just saying.

He said that he didn't care, because it was IA. And why should he, or anyone in that matter? It's an online forum, if he wants to post the way he does, let him. No one has warned him about it, so why should you even bring it up, to him?

I don't want to thread jack, so I'll let you get the "last" word in. So make it count.

Tracy
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't say you knew him, I was just saying.

He said that he didn't care, because it was IA. And why should he, or anyone in that matter? It's an online forum, if he wants to post the way he does, let him. No one has warned him about it, so why should you even bring it up, to him?

I don't want to thread jack, so I'll let you get the "last" word in. So make it count.He should care for the reasons I sated already. I will reiterate it for the slower folks:

The thing that I have learned about the Internet is that whatever you say stays forever...for everyone to read. The other thing I have learned is that one day it may come back to bite you in the ass...just as it has me when I was less mature and carelessly blabbed on the Internet thinking it will never effect me. Lesson learned.

As far as the last word goes, we all know you will have to have it. As many times as you say you won't post in the WL anymore...you are always there to add your 2 cents. LOL.

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm on stock turbo. I'll run. :D
I'd love to just to see what happens. I'm not trying to prove anything, the only reason I went with this kit was because I got a good deal on it. I just wanted to see what it was capable of since I have only heard of about 3 evos ever running the kit. The car runs good and thats all I want. I'm getting retuned soon just to see how much the kit will actually put out with an aggressive tune from Batlground. But just pm me when you want to run. It will have to be on a weekend though.

SL33P3R
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Its funny seeing josh talk **** on the net, Its even more funny seeing him in person

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Its funny seeing josh talk **** on the net, Its even more funny seeing him in person
So I've heard from MANY other people lol!

WickedIXMR
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
You dont even know me :screwy:

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
My new CCWs won't get here until next week.

If you get retuned before then that's fine. I raced MIKE.P's 35R Evo making well over 100awhp than you and was about a car and a half back and creeping back in (on motor). When I was on the bottle... it wasn't even close. :D

josh green
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I think a lot of people are failing to remember its a Greddy T67..... That should end the discussion right there. The turbo is probably a 67mm exducer lol. If you put a REAL T67 on there it would make much better numbers. Hell Spoolin's T4 t67 made 400 on wastegate @ .9 bar. But its only 2wd and was on Mainstreams dyno.

P.S. Batlgrounds dyno reads very similar to Mainstreams. I remember exploding the lower radiator hose all over that guy it made within 3-4hp of what it did at MS.

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I think a lot of people are failing to remember its a Greddy T67..... That should end the discussion right there. The turbo is probably a 67mm exducer lol. If you put a REAL T67 on there it would make much better numbers. Hell Spoolin's T4 t67 made 400 on wastegate @ .9 bar. But its only 2wd and was on Mainstreams dyno.

P.S. Batlgrounds dyno reads very similar to Mainstreams. I remember exploding the lower radiator hose all over that guy it made within 3-4hp of what it did at MS.
yeah this t67 kit is a 25g turbo not a true 67 mm

MIKE.P
01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
My new CCWs won't get here until next week.

If you get retuned before then that's fine. I raced MIKE.P's 35R Evo making well over 100awhp than you and was about a car and a half back and creeping back in (on motor). When I was on the bottle... it wasn't even close. :Dcome on dog...when you were on motor you were not krepin back in on me..i had you by a good bit....and when you were on spray you are making ATLEAST 100 whp more than i am and you also were wanting to do 60 mph rolls with me with you on spray so no wonder it wasnt close;) ...your **** is fast dont get me wrong but you makin 100 whp than me when your on spray and an evo isnt made to do 60 rolls :goodjob: it was in the middle of gears for me so i was low in the rpm took forever for the turbo to spool....i make 510ish awhp at only 28psi. not to bad of numbers on pump gas for you darkstar..have you done a race gas high boost pull to see what you do??

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
come on dog...when you were on motor you were not krepin back in on me..i had you by a good bit....and when you were on spray you are making ATLEAST 100 whp more than i am and you also were wanting to do 60 mph rolls with me with you on spray so no wonder it wasnt close;) ...your **** is fast dont get me wrong but you makin 100 whp than me when your on spray and an evo isnt made to do 60 rolls :goodjob: it was in the middle of gears for me so i was low in the rpm took forever for the turbo to spool....i make 510ish awhp at only 28psi. not to bad of numbers on pump gas for you darkstar..have you done a race gas high boost pull to see what you do??
negative, I have an AEM EMS coming along with an SMC methanol kit. So we will see what the new numbers are in a few weeks. BTW this kit is rated for 390 - 430 whp on pump just so everyone knows

MIKE.P
01-07-2008, 09:29 PM
nice!!!

TIGERJC
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
If the owner is happy than I don't see a problem with the hp number at all

darkstar6069
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
If the owner is happy than I don't see a problem with the hp number at all
I'm happy, no doubt, but I know I can get more out of this set up. And I will have it retuned with a more aggressive tune on pump at the same psi to see how much more it can make once I get the AEM

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
come on dog...when you were on motor you were not krepin back in on me..i had you by a good bit....and when you were on spray you are making ATLEAST 100 whp more than i am and you also were wanting to do 60 mph rolls with me with you on spray so no wonder it wasnt close;) ...your **** is fast dont get me wrong but you makin 100 whp than me when your on spray and an evo isnt made to do 60 rolls :goodjob: it was in the middle of gears for me so i was low in the rpm took forever for the turbo to spool....i make 510ish awhp at only 28psi. not to bad of numbers on pump gas for you darkstar..have you done a race gas high boost pull to see what you do??
Rematch after I get my wheels back? You can't let out this time until 140, though. :D Daytime runs for clarity.

We can do a 45mph roll. :D

P.S. 60mph sucks for me too. I wasn't even near my powerband.

MIKE.P
01-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Rematch after I get my wheels back? You can't let out this time until 140, though. :D Daytime runs for clarity.

We can do a 45mph roll. :D

P.S. 60mph sucks for me too. I wasn't even near my powerband.ummmm i never let out before 150 to clear things up:goodjob: actually i did one time cause i came hualin ass up on someone at like 130-135mph.. if we ever run agian it will be from like 30-40 mph.. still i hope you would beat me being your putting 100+more hp than me when your spraying!!! on motor wouldnt happen:D For god sakes im just a little stock motor 4 cyl. vs your big v-8 beast:D good times man all in fun :cheers: ...you coming out this weekend for the dynoday still???

iloveboost
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I won't have the wheels until next Friday.

We can run on motor again. I make significantly less hp than you on motor.

If we're only running on motor, 25-150.

MIKE.P
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
damn man well you still need to come out...if your on motor well runn from whatever you want!!! what wheels are you getting??? also what tires?

iloveboost
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
damn man well you still need to come out...if your on motor well runn from whatever you want!!! what wheels are you getting??? also what tires?
I've got spare stock wheels with drag radials and my CCW Classics are Michelin Pilot Sports. I can run on those at 40mph.

MIKE.P
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
nice

SL33P3R
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
You dont even know me :screwy:

I dont need to know you to say you look weird.

Its funny putting your words online to the face in person. hahahahahahaha