PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Acura cl question

240sx_dreams
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey guys i am trying to get an acura cl as an upgrade to my currnet vehicle which is a 1996 nissan 200sx se i would like any feed back about the car that anyone knows anyone. I have also heard that the trannies are very bad on this car is that true? any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanx, Matt

JDMirza
12-14-2007, 05:29 PM
240sx.org for your info on the tranny's in which you want to know more about your 200sx.

About the Acura CL: Pretty good daily driver if you ask me. Kinda stylish. One of my buddies used to own one, and they are okay DD's.

240sx_dreams
12-14-2007, 11:41 PM
i was referring to the cl in terms of tranny problems and what you might think about the car as a possible tuner

MR2DR
12-15-2007, 11:19 AM
u heard correct, the original auto tranny that came in the cl's and the accord's were ****ty and gave out at <120k. however, honda/acura did offer a tranny recall and the tranny u get from the recall is supposedly better and lasts longer.

other than the tranny, the car is a great daily driver. gets good great gas mileage and puts down 260 at the crank without mods. visit www.acurazine.com (http://www.acurazine.com)
for tranny info and the mod part. oh, and check out mine in the for sale section of this site. :goodjob:

cdhtang
12-15-2007, 01:07 PM
which cl are you looking at, I think the older one is ugly, but if you are talking about the newer one, I say yes.
FYI, The cl is pretty much the same as a v6 accord unless it is a type s, so you might save some money on the accord v6.
If you want to check on the information about the cars that you are looking for, check www.consumerguide.com, and www.edmunds.com. They have a lot of info, like year change, recall, and etc.

JDMirza
12-15-2007, 04:00 PM
i was referring to the cl in terms of tranny problems and what you might think about the car as a possible tuner
Oh okay.

sk8er602
12-15-2007, 05:35 PM
you can put a h22 the first gen 4cyl cl (?96-99?), the newer cl's are nicer to look at. But ether way it would/could be a very nice upgrade. Good Luck