PDA

View Full Version : NEED A CAR PREPPED FOR PAINT

BABY J
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
VEH: 1st Gen Honda Civic (1977 Honda Civic Hatch)

There is 1 spot of rust on the drivers door - smaller than a dime - I could actually sand it off myself if I was not a lazy ass - but I am. Otherwise, it's straight forward w/ no dents.

I am not on a time crunch, so guys who do this from home can pipe up as well as shops - but 2 weeks TOPS is my game. If you can't put 2 - 3 hours in a day after work to get it done in 2 weeks or less then I don't want to talk to you - sorry. No offense, it's just how it goes.

I think I will keep the car primered until Feb - Mar - but I def want it dialed in for now.

- outside
- jambs
- (the engine bay will be prepped later when I am ready to pull the motor before the actual painting... so no worries there)

PM me for pics - and I am ready to begin.

B_Hoov
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
pics please, i can get it done in one weekend, can't be this one because im building an exo cage for a friend but maybe next weekend, out of curiosity what does the job pay? and do you buy the supplies or do i?

BABY J
12-12-2007, 05:03 PM
pics please, i can get it done in one weekend, can't be this one because im building an exo cage for a friend but maybe next weekend, out of curiosity what does the job pay? and do you buy the supplies or do i?

I'd say the job pays a dollar. So - it might be better for you to say, since you are doing the work - make sense? I don't care where u get the materials from -- so roll that into your costs. I do not want to think about it... I'm old school --> push button, get banana. Drop off deposit, drop off the cash, get my car - and have it prepped for paint next year. Tell me the price - we go from there. Find my "this is why I'm hott" thread for pics.

B_Hoov
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM
old school, i like. pm me your number and i will call when i get everything priced out, i'd use the good **** as it looks better, lays nicer, and it will be next year before it's painted. but thats up to you, i bought the goos **** one time and had a customer complain " i didn't want the good stuff so im not paying for it, i wanted the cheap stuff" even after i asked him repeatedly, and it's not like i can take the paint off the car...im not that guy, what goes around comes around, and i damn sure aint doing it for a dollar but i bet the Hispanics in the parking lot of home depot would do it for 50, rattle can that is. you know what i meant so lose the attitude on the subject, i was simply asking what the job pays, make sense? i do good work for a very fair price, if you want it primed im probably cheaper than anyone else because im just opening my own business and looking for customers, it's your choice.

BABY J
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
see my "this is why I'm hott" thread for pics

BABY J
12-19-2007, 06:40 AM
ttt - crimes a'waistin'

BABY J
12-26-2007, 08:44 PM
up

The BUCKY
12-26-2007, 09:03 PM
my shop is openeing next week bro might as well waitn lol

BABY J
12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I think I will - LOL. I better be the 1st in line...

The BUCKY
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
lol bring it on

BABY J
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
PM me the date/time location to drop it off...

Vuongy_Dong
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Bucky uses home made paint aka bunch of pen inks mixed together to make his so called PPG paint. :ninja:

BABY J
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
LOL - he won't be painting the car --- just prepping it for paint. I hate winter paint jobs - they don't "pop" like spring/summer jobs. I'll rock the primered/prepped body until the weather warms up.

Vuongy_Dong
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM
LOL - he won't be painting the car --- just prepping it for paint. I hate winter paint jobs - they don't "pop" like spring/summer jobs. I'll rock the primered/prepped body until the weather warms up.
true. i dont trust alot of the paint that is made for winter time spraying. summer time FTW. Bucky knows his stuff. :goodjob:

BABY J
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
true. i dont trust alot of the paint that is made for winter time spraying. summer time FTW. Bucky knows his stuff. :goodjob:

^^^^ There's a guy that knows his paint!!!:goodjob:

The BUCKY
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Bucky uses home made paint aka bunch of pen inks mixed together to make his so called PPG paint. :ninja:

lol your a bastard.

hit me up first of next week J and we will talk