PDA

View Full Version : rough idle, tried almost everything

coreylol
12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i have a 91 crx si w/ obd0 b16 swap. i bought the car with everything pretty much already done with the swap. the idle was messed up when i bought it and it turned out to be the FITV. i fixed that and it's been idling perfect for the last couple of months. a couple days ago all of the sudden it went dead when i was driving it. i turned the idle screw and started it back up and had to tighten the throttle cable a little to keep it running. now it idles around 1k rpm and is VERY rough, but when i give it some gas it runs fine all the way up to redline. i checked the FITV and cleaned the IACV and nothing changed. i checked vacuum hoses and they all seem to be fine. i set the tps a few months ago so i'm pretty sure its right. i sprayed carb cleaner between the intake and head and nothing. i swapped out distributors, nothing.i replaced the pcv valve earlier and nothing. so what are my options now? i'm kinda running out of ideas. its so weird cause it only stumbles at idle..when you hit the gas it runs smooth and no codes..

BABY J
12-11-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.php

coreylol
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
thanks man...i pretty much tried all that except for changing out the iacv completely. plus my idle isnt high....its low. it almost dies when i try to start it.

six7teen
12-20-2007, 02:22 AM
that happened to me too. i had to change the little double oring gasket on the IACV. it fixed my problem! so changing it completely out will work too!

coreylol
12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
i replaced the iacv already. map sensor too. i just got a factory service manual and it has steps to take to check the wiring with a multimeter. so i guess im gonna test all the sensor wiring to see if the signal is being distorted somewhere between the sensor and the ecu. if anyone has any other ideas, shoot em my way. oh yeah, i checked the injectors too and they work. pretty sure the car is running rich and thats why its stumbling..

1fasthatch
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
What program are you running or is it a stock map

coreylol
01-04-2008, 09:13 PM
stock map, stock ecu. i changed the fuel filter a few days ago and no change. i did however notice that the 1 and 3 cyls dont seem to be firing. after i started it up only the 2 and 4 primaries on the header were hot.

Schugg
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
stock map, stock ecu. i changed the fuel filter a few days ago and no change. i did however notice that the 1 and 3 cyls dont seem to be firing. after i started it up only the 2 and 4 primaries on the header were hot.

check distributor wires where it connects to the spark plug to see if its sending spark out, quickest/easiest way is to start the car take a plug out stick a screw driver in it and hold it by a bolt t see if it sparks, or finger with one. haha, if they all work take the spark plugs out and check to see if there is build up or corrosion of some kinda on the part where it sparks