PDA

View Full Version : trunk release question

mr.koupe
12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
ok i have a 99 gs integra thats fully loaded. it didnt come with the factory keyless when i got it but im sure at one time it did because of the keyless module under the dash. anyway it now has a viper 500 and i would like to install a trunk release through the alarm. there is a wiring diagram on commandoalarms.com for the car and seems to be correct as far as locations and coloring go, very similar to the directechs site. there is a trunk trigger and a trunk release wire. it says to wire a, - relay for the install. before i do this i would like to know if anyone here has done this before on this particullar type of car.. its annoying having to use the key everytime i try to open my trunk, there is no trunk release by the gas lid release on this car. thanks +reps for helpful info :goodjob:

SRCRX
12-11-2007, 10:33 AM
what's your E-mail and I can E-mail you the tech sheet!!

mr.koupe
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
PM'ED, also will i need an actuator to get it to pop ? since it had it from the factory keyless i assume... i think i might be able to utilize the factory one that is if there is one... haha i havent pulled the rear cover to check. should there be one ?

Turbo04
12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I do not believe there is a factory actuator. YOu'll need an aftermarket one. But I could be wrong. Make sure you do not just go by what the sheet says...DMM is your best friend. Unless you like chancing ghetto stuff...

I can tell ya how to wire up the relay if need be.

SRCRX
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Sent that print out to ya!!

let me know if you need any thing else!!

drpepper14
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
If there is a (-) trunk release wire, then all you need is that relay because it will trigger the trunk to pop...the wire is only present in vehicles that have actuators in them already.

The trunk trigger wire is only there if you want to wire in your alarm to go if in the case of the trunk being popped.

sonic30101
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
i have never seen a factory actuator in an integra.

Turbo04
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
If there is a (-) trunk release wire, then all you need is that relay because it will trigger the trunk to pop...the wire is only present in vehicles that have actuators in them already.

The trunk trigger wire is only there if you want to wire in your alarm to go if in the case of the trunk being popped.

not true sir. I've seen many a car that had a wire for something that wasn't there. It's cheaper to make one harness for every car then different ones for each trim....

the 2nd part of your post is correct.

I dont' believe any integras had any remote popping like that.

mr.koupe
12-14-2007, 08:54 AM
i did the install last night, the actuatior is to the right of the latch.

mr.koupe
12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n7/b18cguy/89213140.jpg

SOHC MONSTER
12-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Normally if the car was equipped with a factory keyless, There will be a trunk release actuator. Obviously you did your homework on your car. 9 out of 10 cars with keyless entry have an electric trunk release actuator and most commonly triggered by a ground circuit. Also and most importantly relays are normally required b/c the output on most alarms is between 250-500ma. I was an installer for 10 years and its nice to see that people are still taking pride in installing electronics in their vehicles instead of half assing it. :goodjob:

drpepper14
12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
yeah i'll admit I made a blanket statement about all cars with the trunk release wire, however I have installed many-a-trunk release/alarm/keyless on integras and most of them had actuators from the factory