PDA

View Full Version : Florida vacation home rentals???

T-Mo Goodie
07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Has anyone had any experience with them? I remember some guys on here went to Florida and rented the vacation homes not too long ago. I just have some questions, like who did they go through, what were the procedures, etc

I recently booked a couple of homes and it has been HELL. They are hard to deal with, no one answers the phones, miscommunication, etc. I will be leaving for DisneyWorld on Thursday.

Julio
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
depending on how many people are going, If alot of people is good to get a house, If not then get a Hotel, several nice ones down the strip before you get to disney world.

T-Mo Goodie
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I already reserved two houses. I have had it booked for about a 1.5 months. I got a great deal. The problem is I went through hotels.com.

In short, hotels.com gave me the vacation rental ppl telephone number after I paid and then told me to call and they would give us our address. The rental ppl said that I had to wait until the day that I expect to arrive, then they will give me the address and directions to pick up the keys. I was just wondering if that was normal considering that this is a family trip where we won't all be arriving at the same time. I thought that they would give you an address ahead of time, so you know what to expect.

Julio
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I already reserved two houses. I have had it booked for about a 1.5 months. I got a great deal. The problem is I went through hotels.com.

In short, hotels.com gave me the vacation rental ppl telephone number after I paid and then told me to call and they would give us our address. The rental ppl said that I had to wait until the day that I expect to arrive, then they will give me the address and directions to pick up the keys. I was just wondering if that was normal considering that this is a family trip where we won't all be arriving at the same time. I thought that they would give you an address ahead of time, so you know what to expect.

No thats not normal, You should already know what House you are getting... I know last time I was in Orlando,the ECI guys got a pimp house... and they already knew the deal before they got there.

So I think they are pulling your leg.

T-Mo Goodie
07-31-2005, 05:47 PM
cool, I guess I will call and harass them tomorrow. That just didn't make since to me.