PDA

View Full Version : General Chat So what annoys you more?

superboost
12-10-2007, 08:01 PM
So what annoys/turns you off more? Too many cars being bowtie and/or oval powered or too many cars with h-badges?

Just about every single time I watch pinks, all I see are the same old cars, powered by the same old american iron of various displacements. Its either a small block, a punched out small block, a big block, or a punched out big block with spray. You'll get the odd supercharger now and again, but thats it. I swear, every time I see this, my eyes just glaze over. They all sound the same, perform the same, and it just gets irritating. Its the same damn car!

Conversely, in the import scene here its almost just as similar. You've got a d16, b18, h22 and a few combinations here and there (yes i know i'm generalizing) and maybe slap on a turbo. I love honda's engineers, but for ****s sake, can we get a little variety here?

Anyone else feeling me on this? I am moreso bashing pinks et-al rather than hondas, but when I go to a car event or watch faux- reality tv like that, a little variety is nice. Its no fun seeing the same damn car get modded ad-infinitum.

SampaGuy
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
i agree they are both annoying, but at the same time i had an ef hatch once and i loved it, and ive driven a camaro, firebird, and a cobra once and enjoyed driving all of them too. i have respect for them, but when im at a car meet i dont really go check out those cars. rwd japanese cars are :goodjob:

Elbow
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
...sounds like the import scene like 240SX....SR20.SR20.SR20.SR20

RUFFIAN
12-11-2007, 01:47 AM
yeah, its always follow the masses to the next thing to play out. I think people are to scared to step out and do their own thing. patforms like the mazda speed 3 are filled with potential but are always overlooked.

AnthonyF
12-11-2007, 08:44 AM
we have discussed this before. It is because a lot of those muscle cars dont cost shìt to make them fast. So there are more of them out there. Also, they are mostly rednecks with big egos and they always want to race. the import scene the ones who've spent 40K+ on their EVO's, Supras, Skylines, etc...they dont feel like lowering their standards and beating muscle cars. I wish they would step in there and handle some business. Shut the muscle car guys up...but they wont. Id just like to see one 2jz rape everyone that came and challenged them

turbosx©
12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
im sorry but the lsx motors are king

redrumracer
12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
them there "h" badges get on me nerves :yes:

JITB
12-11-2007, 05:31 PM
i dont think alot of people realize you can do just as much to any other compact as u can with the most popular. most compacts people ignore perform better in stock form than the preffered. And than they have the nerve to ask why u choose to drive what you drive? when ther car looks like 8 others..

Ronsam2006
12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
For some ppl, its more than just going fast and stuff. Its being able to fit into the scene they love so much. For me its all about going fast...im getting there lol. But I never really wanted a car, for the bodystyle, or engine that everyone has. A lot of ppl want to buy a Honda because its a cheap easily moddable car, but Hondas are already well respected for what they are in the scene.....so the norm comes....everyone wants a Honda.

OneSlow5pt0
12-11-2007, 05:44 PM
its cause people are scared to be different..........take my car,i drive a 6th gen celica...which u hardly see on the road, let alone a nice modded one..like i plan to do

hondachik
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
For some ppl, its more than just going fast and stuff. Its being able to fit into the scene they love so much. For me its all about going fast...im getting there lol. But I never really wanted a car, for the bodystyle, or engine that everyone has. A lot of ppl want to buy a Honda because its a cheap easily moddable car, but Hondas are already well respected for what they are in the scene.....so the norm comes....everyone wants a Honda.

true..and Hondas are also known for being good & reliable cars:goodjob:

ryanh300
12-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I totally agree with your first post and +repped you for it because every time I turn on pinks it's another pig-ass muscle car with a big ego and a bottle of NOS trying to race another f-body or whatnot. About the import/Honda scene is that the cars are so damn reliable and the mod list is endless. And don't get me wrong B18's and B16's are getting a little outplayed but at least the "body kits" and "F&F" sh!t isn't in style anymore.

Kaiser
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I actually had this discussion over dinner at Taco Mac last night. My friends and I all decided that they ran muscle cars because it hurt less to lose them if they lost. When they did Pinks All Out or whatever it is where they race for cash not cars, you see much nicer cars out there than what they run on regular Pinks. More regular Pinks episodes end with one of the cars dying or half-dying than I find fun to watch.