PDA

View Full Version : OBD1 B16 Swap/ EG/ CEL #19 - Help Please

Truegiant
12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
So.. I just picked up this 1992 Civic Hatch and it has a JDM B16 in it. I have started a couple of other threads stating i was cleaning up all the wiring and fixing the prev. owners fark ups.. I got the car running and and fixed the idling problems. Now the only CEL left is a #19 Automatic Transmission Lockup Control Valve. The computer is a P28. My thought is that it came out of a automatic car. Seeing as the swap is a five speed. It is kind of frustrating. I browsed honda tech for a bit and the only solution i see is to chip it. I am sure I am overlooking a very simple solution :thinking: . I know the car ran like dog piss when i first got it and now it just runs like piss. (Not that dog piss is any better it just stinks worse!!) So IA gurus help a brother out. I was half expecting this thing to pull atleast as hard as my old ls swap with gsr tranny but it surely does not. :no:

Vteckidd
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
THe P28 is from an Auto car.

Chip it, or sell it an bu the correct B16 ecu

Truegiant
12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks ex mr. vteckidd.. haha.. I hope your enjoying your new working atmosphere down there at battleground. Thanks..

Do you think that will help clear up the serious bogging issue?

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
just take the cover off and cut the resistor on section rp17 out and the cel should go away.... however i would still get it chipped with a b16 base map to get the most out of it...

Truegiant
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I am headed that way right now.. thanks..

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks ex mr. vteckidd.. haha.. I hope your enjoying your new working atmosphere down there at battleground. Thanks..

Do you think that will help clear up the serious bogging issue?

most likely...

Truegiant
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Got the ecu chipped with chrome and a base b16 map for 85 bucks.. I have to go and pick up a new battery and then i will go and install. I am sure it will help.

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 07:45 PM
sounds good man let us know how it goes....

Truegiant
12-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I just got back from eating out and putting a offer down on another house. I installed the new battery and ecu. The first thing I did was start troubleshooting all the new ecu codes. After fixing more wiring fark ups from the previous owner the car now runs worth a sh%&.. It still is not fast because i guess you just cannot expect much from a factory b16.. but its still fun to hear that good old vtec crossover again. It brings a smile to my face to hear it again. I will put up some pics tomorrow sometime and start a new thread on the build process. Its amazing how people can mess up so much. The new owner of my old four door is already ricing it out from the pics and email he sent me. He took off my 16" spoon knockoffs and put some gay 17s on it. He is putting a monster tach in it. Oh well.. to each his own i guess. Other than that I appreciate all the responses from earlier and now i am excited to have another project. Now i just need...... well i would list but i am not typing all that crap!